Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Not sure if this is allowed (I have no affiliation) I bought it last from Munstergroup Insurance in 2018 policy was €275 for 3 years, car was more expensive than ID4 so probably a close enough comparison, but then again insurance companies only like to increase prices. I feel the peace of mind is worth it, certainly when you have a car on the drive that’s desirable to the wrong element.

Thanks for that, I found Google didn't seem to be much use in finding providers. I might give them a shout when I've got a delivery date

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

Might be a stupid question but what side will the charge port be on the ID.4?

All the reviews I've seen are of the German car where the port is on the back of the passenger side. I presume here it will be the same as the ID.3 so back on the driver side?

Is there a reason why the steering can be moved but the charge port stays put?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Not much benefit to moving the charging port, whereas it's a huge benefit moving the steering wheel :D

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Pat201

cannco253 wrote: »

All the reviews I've seen are of the German car where the port is on the back of the passenger side. I presume here it will be the same as the ID.3 so back on the driver side?

I'd say that was a good question as could be a decision maker for
    Placement of electric car charger at your home . I'm not sure of answer though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

I like it on the drivers' side on my ID.3, Ok there could be problems when street parking and charging, but that's usually using a type 2 cable so should be plenty long enough. Otherwise less walking around car.:)

• Advertisement

I imagine it'll be on the drivers side like the ID.3

They only move the steering wheel because they have to, and even then VW and other manufacturers also do a minimalist job to save money

I remember the handbrake in the old Golf was closer to the passenger side because they didn't bother converting the center console

The ID.3 cable was 4.5m, should be long enough for most people and same cable for ID.4 I guess.

Pat201 wrote: »
    I'd say that was a good question as could be a decision maker for
    Placement of electric car charger at your home . I'm not sure of answer though

Back left side of the driveway, unless you've a Tesla in which case it's back right side

The charging port tends to be on the front, front left, or back right. So you go in forwards for a front charge port or reverse for a rear right and the charger is always close to the port

The exception is of course Tesla, who put it in the back left for some reason :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

Back left side of the driveway, unless you've a Tesla in which case it's back right side

The charging port tends to be on the front, front left, or back right. So you go in forwards for a front charge port or reverse for a rear right and the charger is always close to the port

The exception is of course Tesla, who put it in the back left for some reason :confused:

So do Hyundai with the Ioniq. Suits us great, with both our cars reversed up to the side of our house makes it very easy to change over cable..

eagerv wrote: »
    So do Hyundai with the Ioniq. Suits us great, with both our cars reversed up to the side of our house makes it very easy to change over cable..

Dammit, I forgot about the Ioniq :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Yeah. Ioniq port suits our driveway very nicely. If it were the drivers side it'd be grand too, but just a bit more cable lying around to trip over. If it were on the front it'd probably be tidier, but i'd be pushing it with my 10m cable to reach it. I'll just play it safe and rull out the MG ZE. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Summer8181

I hope the charger is on the Right hand side. Suit my drive way. I like to reverse in and drive out.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Thanks for that, I found Google didn't seem to be much use in finding providers. I might give them a shout when I've got a delivery date

I had to buy gap insurance from VW for €500 last September as no independent providers left on the market. The price differed from dealer to dealer. Probably another victim of brexit. Had one for my golf from Munstergroup previously.

Can the We Connect app only be used on a phone/tablet?
    I use the Nissan Connect app for my Leaf on my phone and PC, whichever is handier, but prefer the PC for a more detailed look at the figures.

It looks like the We Connect app does not show you the information about number of journeys, consumption, efficiency etc and that this is only available in the car on the multimedia screen - is that correct?

The Leaf is great at providing all of that information by trip/month/year in its app...

Can the We Connect app only be used on a phone/tablet?
    I use the Nissan Connect app for my Leaf on my phone and PC, whichever is handier, but prefer the PC for a more detailed look at the figures.

It looks like the We Connect app does not show you the information about number of journeys, consumption, efficiency etc and that this is only available in the car on the multimedia screen - is that correct?

The Leaf is great at providing all of that information by trip/month/year in its app...

I'm not sure but it might be worth asking on the ID.3 forum as well, there's more experienced folks over there

We're all just staring at ID.4 shaped gaps in our driveways :(

I had to buy gap insurance from VW for €500 last September as no independent providers left on the market. The price differed from dealer to dealer. Probably another victim of brexit. Had one for my golf from Munstergroup previously.

I found the same thing, could only find 1 independent company, all the others were garages selling GAP insurance for a specific car brand

Someone mentioned a few pages ago about scrappage deals on the ID.4.

I see that Divanes in Kerry and Blackwater motors in Cork seem to be offering something, but am wondering if this is nationwide?

https://www.carsireland.ie/2698052
    https://www.blackwatermotors.ie/volkswagen/new-vw/id4/

What were divanes doing? I don't see any offers in that link

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭Jofspring

What were divanes doing? I don't see any offers in that link

Looks like they've changed it. Definitely said scrappage when that link was posted.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Jofspring wrote: »
    Looks like they've changed it. Definitely said scrappage when that link was posted.

Its there when I click on it, - ah its the cork one i clicked on.

graememk wrote: »
    Its there when I click on it, - ah its the cork one i clicked on.

Yeah, 2k. Not much, but something to negotiate with. Now if only they had an id4 to negotiate with too. A critical component of the deal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

Just got an update from the dealer and the car has left the factory, just waiting at the port. Hopeful of a mid march delivery but we'll see!

Just got an update from the dealer and the car has left the factory, just waiting at the port. Hopeful of a mid march delivery but we'll see!

Happy days, mine still has no VIN so presumably it's still waiting to be built :(

Going to ring the dealer today and see if there's any updates

UPDATE: Still being told end of March, I guess they don't know anything new

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Mine was sitting at Emden dock for three and a half weeks. I wasn't a happy bunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

Mine was sitting at Emden dock for three and a half weeks. I wasn't a happy bunny.

The dealer mentioned it's very unpredictable at the minute alright. How long did it take after leaving Emden to get it?

The dealer mentioned it's very unpredictable at the minute alright. How long did it take after leaving Emden to get it?

It landed in Dublin around 4 Monday morning after about 2 days at sea. I'm collecting it this afternoon.

There are reports of cars being collected in Dublin from Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Matt406

I see that a dealer in Kerry is advertising VW ID4's - City & Style spec (carsireland.ie).
    Anyone know when the details of the ID4 model lineup will be released (outside of the 1st editions) - specs & prices? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sergijaws

It landed in Dublin around 4 Monday morning after about 2 days at sea. I'm collecting it this afternoon.

There are reports of cars being collected in Dublin from Wednesday.

You are talking about the ID4, not the ID3, correct?

Sergijaws wrote: »
    You are talking about the ID4, not the ID3, correct?

No, the ID.3. I was giving feedback on the delivery times from Emden port.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭declan123

Ordered by ID.4 1st today. Hopefully here in 3 week. The series range models broucher is available now with pricing for a large range of models. Dealers have got the brouchers over the last few days however its not on the website yet. Expect it will be there in the coming days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭declan123

declan123 wrote: »
    Ordered by ID.4 1st today. Hopefully here in 3 week. The series range models broucher is available now with pricing for a large range of models. Dealers have got the brouchers over the last few days however its not on the website yet. Expect it will be there in the coming days

Did anyone go for VW home chargers? Not clear on what the advantages are?

Advertisement