Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

declan123 wrote: »
    Did anyone go for VW home chargers? Not clear on what the advantages are?

No particular advantage. It charges the car the same as many others. It is better than the cheap entry level models on the market so it’s down to whether you want the brand, looks, features etc.

If you want cheap and cheerful don’t feel you need to buy the VW one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,217 ✭✭✭digiman

Ordered by ID.4 1st today. Hopefully here in 3 week. The series range models broucher is available now with pricing for a large range of models. Dealers have got the brouchers over the last few days however its not on the website yet. Expect it will be there in the coming days

Do you have a brochure that you can share?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭declan123

digiman wrote: »
    Do you have a brochure that you can share?

If anyone wants it PM me I'll send it to you

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

Did anyone go for VW home chargers? Not clear on what the advantages are?

I think there's a special offer on them at the minute so not bad value!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

I think there's a special offer on them at the minute so not bad value!

No different than what i paid back in november; around 1200+ with installation for the base model - https://charging-energy.elli.eco/ie-en/IDcharger

• Advertisement

No different than what i paid back in november; around 1200+ with installation for the base model - https://charging-energy.elli.eco/ie-en/IDcharger

I thought the connect charger was around 800 last time I looked and it's 600 now but maybe I'm miss remembering

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

Are there any ID.4 deals on charging rates or special items for 1st buyers?

I remember the ID.3 got free charging for a year in Germany anyway, not sure what happened in Ireland....apart from the socks.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

cannco253 wrote: »

I remember the ID.3 got free charging for a year in Germany anyway, not sure what happened in Ireland....apart from the socks.....

ID.3 1st movers here got 1 year (or 2000kWh's) free charging as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

cannco253 wrote: »

All ID cars get 3 years of We Charge Go for free which gives a discount Ionity rate of €0.55/kWh

You can also get We Charge Plus plan for €10 per month instead of €17.50, useful of you need a lot of DC charging

Other than that they don't seem to be giving the same offers as the ID.3 first movers got. The offers were to make up for the buggy software when the ID.3 was released

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

All ID cars get 3 years of We Charge Go for free which gives a discount Ionity rate of €0.55/kWh

You can also get We Charge Plus plan for €10 per month instead of €17.50, useful of you need a lot of DC charging

Other than that they don't seem to be giving the same offers as the ID.3 first movers got. The offers were to make up for the buggy software when the ID.3 was released

And the problem has been that no one is charging their ID.3 First much due to the lockdown - my last statement showed i still have 570EUR to use up by october & the 30EUR i have used was only to test the ionity chargers for fun..

I would have hoped that VW to give more incentives on charging with their ID4s - free charging isn't really that much more for them & helps 'ease' people into the world of public charging...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭MarkN

There isn’t enough Ionity chargers in the country to do what you describe though and they’re not going to be able to do a similar deal with ESB. Well they could, but it’s unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,083 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

MarkN wrote: »
    There isn’t enough Ionity chargers in the country to do what you describe though and they’re not going to be able to do a similar deal with ESB. Well they could, but it’s unlikely.

I've used my We Charge card about 10 times on the ESB chargers and I've never been charged for the sessions.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I've used my We Charge card about 10 times on the ESB chargers and I've never been charged for the sessions.

I have - for the fast chargers.. i'm expecting the 22KW sessions to appear at some stage as well..

Yea - you can use them with the ESB chargers as well & other non ionity chargers in the UK i think..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

TitianGerm wrote: »

I got an email from Audi about that that’s changed now I believe . Or about to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭MarkN

Didn’t know that about We Charge / ESB. Handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

Didn’t know that about We Charge / ESB. Handy!

I have been charged recently when using my We Charge card on ESB charge points. I think the free charging was only on some of the old machines, many of which have been replaced or updated recently. The bill usually comes in on a We Charge invoice at the start of a month for the previous months usage.

But I did get a good few free fill ups late last year..

Is there any price difference between using the wecharge card on ESB chargers or is it the normal rate?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Where did you get that information from? My dealer isn't aware of it. I need something to show him.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

Is there any price difference between using the wecharge card on ESB chargers or is it the normal rate?

WeCharge card more expensive.

AC. Start up €1.02. €0.38/kWh.

DC. Start up €1.02, €0.38/kWh. After 45 mins €0.24/min.

• Advertisement

eagerv wrote: »
    WeCharge card more expensive.

AC. Start up €1.02. €0.38/kWh.

DC. Start up €1.02, €0.38/kWh. After 45 mins €0.24/min.

I'll stick with the ESB card mainly so! Burt given the range I doubt I'll be doing much public charging!

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Nothing much from the id4 brochure.

52kWh 148hp models available. Basic "city" spec send to have very little. No rear camera, no zoned climate control. Seems 100kW DC charging though.
    35k ROTR price. Add the camera, climate control, matrix headlights and keyless access it's 38k ROTR price.

Cheapest 77kWh id4 is the 1st at 42k ROTR price, with 4 specs between it and the max at 58k ROTR.

44k, 48k, 50k, 54k.

Thanks to Declan for the doc.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Nothing much from the id4 brochure (in terms of a cheaper good range id4)

52kWh 148hp models available. Basic "city" spec send to have very little. No rear camera, no zoned climate control. Seems 100kW DC charging though.
    35k ROTR price. Add the camera, climate control, matrix headlights and keyless access it's 38k ROTR price.

Cheapest 77kWh id4 is the 1st at 42k ROTR price, with 4 specs between it and the max at 58k ROTR.

44k, 48k, 50k, 54k.

Thanks to Declan for the doc, I'll share it when I'm off my phone.

Document:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Dk9WWIcUUCwkUW69GDApmYoEJGv-0l22/view?usp=sharing

Where did you get that information from? My dealer isn't aware of it. I need something to show him.

Thanks.

I'm sure it was on the website a few weeks back, but can't find it now. Maybe they withdrew that offer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

has anyone got the 'track your build by VIN' link to work as I have had no joy.... that part of the website looks non-functional to me.

I'm trying https://www.volkswagen.ie/en/owners-and-users/myvolkswagen.html?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sergijaws

catharsis wrote: »
    has anyone got the 'track your build by VIN' link to work as I have had no joy.... that part of the website looks non-functional to me.

Not working for me either since last Wednesday

catharsis wrote: »

Yeah it's been broken for about a week or so, seems they reorganised the website and wrecked everything

I found the UK version works still
    https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/myvolkswagen

Also just to make sure there's no confusion, once you have a VIN that doesn't imply your car will be delivered in a certain number of day, it just means they've started building it

Noticed today that the current ID.4 brochure mentions the ID.4 1st and Max come with a towing bracket

https://www.volkswagen.ie/idhub/content/dam/onehub_pkw/importers/ie/models/brochures/All-new_ID.4_Brochure_Dec20.pdf

I'm guessing they forgot to mention is was optional

I noticed the product guide still mentions discounted We Charge rates for ID.4 1st customer, but no details and hasn't been updated in a couple of months

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

Just put a deposit down a ID 4 1ST Blue. First electric car (and new car) so very excited for it. Dealer reckoned its still targeted for end of month delivery, he said week 12 to me before (March 22nd onwards) so hopefully not too long. Now lining up home charger install.

• Advertisement

dave oc wrote: »
    Just put a deposit down a ID 4 1ST Blue. First electric car (and new car) so very excited for it. Dealer reckoned its still targeted for end of month delivery, he said week 12 to me before (March 22nd onwards) so hopefully not too long. Now lining up home charger install.

Congrats! Probably getting on a boat to Ireland this week or next based on what my dealer said. I think it's a great car for Ireland given the range and space!

Advertisement