Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I was taking a look at they're asking for a €40 monthly fee plus €35 per test

It seemed very much targeted at garages to offer it as a service to customers

If there's a consumer version then it could be worth the investment

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭sk8board

Presumably your battery management s/w is just hiding some capacity, which seems to be pretty common

• Registered Users Posts: 7,184 ✭✭✭pad199207

Okay so the charge doesn’t start unless I toggle the 23:00 time off and back on again. Ridiculous.

The Zappi is set to come on at 23:00 too.

But the car won’t start charging until I toggle as stated above.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,514 ✭✭✭✭ted1

ive the Ohme charger so never had to use the scheduling of the car. Can your charger not do scheduling? And delete all scheduling in the car

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Notoldorwise

Am I the only one who finds Android Auto frustrating on the id4? I can't find an easy way to toggle between spotify and terrestrial radio stations. Also, sat nav on Android Auto (google maps) is far superior to VW as it recognises eircodes, but it is extremely unreliable, drops without warning in poor Internet locations and is almost impossible to reconnect. Am I missing something? Getting a software update next week and, honestly, it can't come soon enough.

• Advertisement

I have the schedule all set up on the Zappi but it doesn’t seem to be able to wake the car to start the charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,514 ✭✭✭✭ted1

It shouldn’t need to. It should just feed it with electricity when the charger turns on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭hold my beer

I never have any issues with Google Maps, bar the really slow typing input. You might need to upgrade your phone.

Oh I know. It all used to work perfectly fine before the 3.2 update

• Registered Users Posts: 13,490 ✭✭✭✭fits

I think there might be a fix for that in the Id.3 thread from a few weeks ago.

• Advertisement

Yeah I think by fiddling with the hardware in the components or something. I’d be clueless in that department 🥲

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭electricus

If you know someone comfortable with changing a car fuse, it’s a 2 minute one-off job that should solve the problem.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Add a radio button to a home screen to Google between radio and android auto.

Android auto was unreliable for me. Thought it was a phone thing so I replaced my phone but that didn't help. Then I heard about the phone having weak signal inside the car so I now store my phone in the door handle (I got an insert pocket for the door on AliExpress), and it's been solid since

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭JJJackal

Was looking at buying an ID 4 or a similar car (not electric) from another dealer. The other dealer talked about the resale value of ID 4s and suggested that it might be difficult to get a good price for an ID 4 in a few years as there are so many being sold - what do people think?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭micks_address

That logic makes no sense...if a car is selling a lot new it means it's in demand.. not everyone can or buys cars new so two or three years old cars will also be in demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭id.4 fan

Anyone had any trouble with there ID.4 door handles before and if yes how long did it take to get fixed?

I ask as my drivers door handle started to give me trouble a few weeks back when trying to open the car. Sometimes it worked sometime it didn't. Then one day when pulling off it randomly popped open by itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

I had the both door locks on the driver side replaced under warranty. Ring the dealer and get it sorted, they booked me in fairly quickly given it was a safety issue.

Took about 1 week to get the locks ordered and a morning to get them replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

My wife was driving the car the other day. We have only 1 user set up in the car, but I noticed that when she was driving I couldn't get into the app as "someone else is using the app" message appeared. Her phone was connected to the car with CarPlay but haven't seen this before?

When she got back to the house I was checking the app again and all was fine regarding access, and noticed the driver door was still open so closed it - pity the app doesn't send you a notification of this...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭JJJackal

I think at the moment because of the 0% APR on the new vehicles, it may be cheaper overall when you include interest to buy a new id4 on PCP than an old ID4 on pcp

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭id.4 fan

• Advertisement

This isn’t actually the case - EVs are a bit different in that almost everyone who can afford one has to buy a new one. But not nearly as many people in the 2nd hand market are buying an EV - they have far more vehicles to choose from, 95%+ of which are ICE.

For a variety of reasons debated to death here weekly, the depreciation on recent EVs, ID4s in particular, has been relatively steep, certainly similar in % terms to similar priced ICE cars pre covid.

anyone paying €60k for an ID4 today and thinking that car won’t be worth €40k trade-in in 24 months time is almost certainly lying to themselves.

we’re in the same situation as that poster - we’re in a conversation with VW about what to do with our upcoming PCP ending; ID4 versus pay off the small balloon on current car.

I guess we can look at a worked example using some numbers which totally aren't based on my ID.4 😉

ID.4 1st Max was around €57k new in 2021. Monthly payment was nearly €500 after paying the max deposit and the balloon payment is just under €23k

They're currently selling for €45k on DoneDeal, so €12k depreciation in 2 years. Assuming it's linear, you're looking at €18k depreciation at the end of the 3 years or about 33%

So selling the car for €39k and paying off the loan leaves around €16k equity for a new car

Certainly doesn't seem like a great deal 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 45,454 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Are there three seperate rear seats in the Id4?

No it's a rear bench like most cars, they fold down in two pieces. One is the right and middle seat and the left seat folds by itself

Some of them have the fold down armrest in the middle with a pair of cupholders, handy for the kids to put their drinks or books somewhere

There might also be a load hatch into the boot, handy for transporting curtain rod and the like. Also useful for when the kids want to climb into the boot and annoy their parents 🤕

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

If a 2 year old one is selling for 45k on DD a dealer won't be giving you more than 40k.

Assuming it's linear knock another 6 or 7k off for a 3 year old and you're down to sub 35k or 22k+ depreciation leaving 10 to 12k equity. Would my reasoning be right here?

I'm an EV owner too btw, cupra born, at one stage thought I was buying a very low deprecation vehicle while the 5k grant was still in but I'm thinking otherwise now looking at id3 prices for earlier models now coming on 2nd hand market as genuine used cars, not nearly new alternatives to buying a brand new one

I probably wouldn't trade into a dealership unless I got a very good price, but equally I'd probably have to undercut the dealership cars to sell mine privately

So year probably more like €12k equity

I honestly don't think I was ever getting a good deal, except perhaps getting a Max for €10k less than they cost now 😋

Anyone considering upgrading to the 2024 version next year? Early reviews are looking like a dramatic improvement, the infotainment is finally what it should have been in 2021

The new motor looks good as, I'm sure the extra 80hp will be a welcome addition. It's apparently more efficient, although I doubt we'll see more than a 5-10% improvement

There's some talk of a charging speed increase, but that's still tbd

Just not convinced it's worth the money to change, there'll no doubt be a price increase with the upgrades 😬

It's a step in the right direction, but I'm fed up of car payments so I'd rather pay off the loan and save the monthly payment

I suspect we won't be getting software 4.0 on the older models, it looks like the hardware got upgraded so I'm guessing the older infotainment can't handle it. There's been no confirmation either way that I know of, but given the hassle that 3.0 was I don't see it going any further

My guess is there'll be a separate branch for 3.x development and we'll be stuck on that

• Registered Users Posts: 13,490 ✭✭✭✭fits

Considering it a little I suppose. Not very seriously. I don’t think I can justify paying the vw asking prices now. But maybe they will have to come down more in line with Tesla.

Don’t want to have two SUVs outside either. And we will keep the 2010 q5 until it dies.

Once that midlife refresh arrives, with improvements across all the critical areas (power, efficiency, tidier looks, totally new ICE screen), the 2nd hand ones will drop further for certain sure.

it’s too much of an improvement, if you get me.

I remember having a bmw that literally got an LCI of new rear light clusters!

• Advertisement

Did they change the looks at all? Pretty sure the styling is exactly the same (as opposed to the ID.3, which already looked fine)

I do agree that it'll cause a hit to the second hand value, although it might take a bit of time to filter through. If a new ID.4 costs €55k then a €40k 2nd hand one is still relatively good value

So it isn't like that €40k one is suddenly going to be worth €20k when the new version hits

Advertisement