Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

Looks like the first id4's arriving in the UK https://twitter.com/MarshallGroup/status/1366720100007612417?s=19

Hopefully we're not far behind!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Looks like the first id4's arriving in the UK https://twitter.com/MarshallGroup/status/1366720100007612417?s=19

Hopefully we're not far behind!

Looking good, fingers crossed ours arrive soon

I still don't have a VIN for mine which means they probably haven't started building it yet, hopefully it'll be soon

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

I still don't have a VIN for mine which means they probably haven't started building it yet, hopefully it'll be soon

That's a pity, hopefully you get it soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 omgapuppy

When did you order? I placed the order mid December, was informed of assembly finished mid February and projected delivery late March if the stars align.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Keep an eye on the MVs Parana and Patara, arriving from Emden port to Dublin on the 5/3 and 9/3. ;)

They're currently crossing to the east of England, with one heading to Dublin and the other heading for Emden.

• Advertisement

Keep an eye on the MVs Parana and Patara, arriving from Emden port to Dublin on the 5/3 and 9/3. ;)

They're currently crossing to the east of England, with one heading to Dublin and the other heading for Emden.

Ya, I'll give my dealer a call Friday and will hopefully know more then!

omgapuppy wrote: »
    When did you order? I placed the order mid December, was informed of assembly finished mid February and projected delivery late March if the stars align.

I ordered way back in October. Did you get a 1st or Max? I have a theory they're building the Maxes later, but I could be completely wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

So looks like the charging port is on the driver side from the photos on twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭declan123

Is there anyway to track the car status online? The myvolkswagen page on the website isn't working for me at the moment. I have got a comm number from the dealer.

declan123 wrote: »
    Is there anyway to track the car status online? The myvolkswagen page on the website isn't working for me at the moment. I have got a comm number from the dealer.

From what I've found dealer is the only way to track it. They should be able to tell you where it is if you give them a shout.

The charge port on the drivers side is a bit awkward for our driveway but I think the cake should reach.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

From what I've found dealer is the only way to track it. They should be able to tell you where it is if you give them a shout.

The charge port on the drivers side is a bit awkward for our driveway but I think the cake should reach.

Cake makes everything better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

How much cake does an id4 need to reach max range? Will any cake do or is a brack more energy dense than a sponge....

The cake is just to welcome the car into our family...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

The cake is just to welcome the car into our family...

My dream is to be able to send the car to get cake :D

I ordered way back in October. Did you get a 1st or Max? I have a theory they're building the Maxes later, but I could be completely wrong

Just a plain old 1st here I'm afraid.

My VW Ireland is back working: https://www.volkswagen.ie/en/owners-and-users/myvolkswagen.html

I just saw a picture of my car, not too exciting but it shows that it exists!

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

I've only ordered mine this week, I guess I need to ask the dealer for the VIN to track it on that page? Will he give me the VIN easily?

dave oc wrote: »
    I've only ordered mine this week, I guess I need to ask the dealer for the VIN to track it on that page? Will he give me the VIN easily?

If it's a 1st edition I'd say it's probably built, based on what my dealer said anyway! There was no issue when I asked for VIN and he sent a screenshot from his system last week showing the car in Emden.

Edit: This is all it shows though.(it was just an outline drawing of an id3 a few weeks ago and now it's showing the car in our colour so I guess that's progress?)
    NFwVCbv
    https://ibb.co/NFwVCbv

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭declan123

If it's a 1st edition I'd say it's probably built, based on what my dealer said anyway! There was no issue when I asked for VIN and he sent a screenshot from his system last week showing the car in Emden.

Edit: This is all it shows though.(it was just an outline drawing of an id3 a few weeks ago and now it's showing the car in our colour so I guess that's progress?)
    NFwVCbv
    https://ibb.co/NFwVCbv

I've added mine via the comm number supplied and its coming back as the Troc, I'll have to chase the dealer.

• Advertisement

I've added mine via the comm number supplied and its coming back as the Troc, I'll have to chase the dealer.

Probably not but in that case,I think the image probably updates once the car is built

Mine show an ID.4, they probably gave you the wrong number

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ConorF

Anyone going for one of the VW chargers?

I'm inclined to go with one on the basis that it's convenient and they seem to be reasonably priced for product and installation. Also, I like the idea of a tethered charger, so I can keep a nice clean and dry cable in the boot.

It seems to me that there's a lot of bull**** around chargers and that a lot of the whizz-bang features are superfluous (especially given the smart connections to the car itself) and it is basically just a powerful socket. However, the one feature that is drawing me to the mid-range ID. Charger Connect is the EEBUS communication for energy management. While I am far from expert in that, I understand that it will allow for load management in the event that we get a heat pump, which I'd like to do when my boiler dies. I got my electrician to run an ethernet cable out to my driveway when wiring up my gate, so it should be ready to connect.

I like the idea of Zappi chargers connecting to solar panels, but I can't ever see me getting panels due to the configuration and orientation of my roof.

ConorF wrote: »

I'm inclined to go with one on the basis that it's convenient and they seem to be reasonably priced for product and installation. Also, I like the idea of a tethered charger, so I can keep a nice clean and dry cable in the boot.

It seems to me that there's a lot of bull**** around chargers and that a lot of the whizz-bang features are superfluous (especially given the smart connections to the car itself) and it is basically just a powerful socket. However, the one feature that is drawing me to the mid-range ID. Charger Connect is the EEBUS communication for energy management. While I am far from expert in that, I understand that it will allow for load management in the event that we get a heat pump, which I'd like to do when my boiler dies. I got my electrician to run an ethernet cable out to my driveway when wiring up my gate, so it should be ready to connect.

I like the idea of Zappi chargers connecting to solar panels, but I can't ever see me getting panels due to the configuration and orientation of my roof.

I like the look of the VW chargers and my sister has one. They seem to be fairly straightforward alright. We have one of the old untethered ESB chargers that's 32amp so will probably save the money until they gives up the ghost.

Just got a call there and our id4 is on the car carrier . Should arrive Friday and hopefully be released by revenue next week. With being a new model and the EV grants process I won't be surprised if it's the week of the 15th before we collect. Software version 2.1 is already installed as well so all looks good for cake!

ConorF wrote: »

Got the Wallbox Pulsar+ installed a few days ago. BT and WiFi connectivity, great after-sales support. Automatic load balancing and DC leakage protection. Zappi-like solar PV support coming soon from what I’ve read. EU-based manufacturer. They’re future-proofed in terms of being able to balance between multiple charges too and the unit is aesthetically inoffensive. Bout the size of my paw.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Got the Wallbox Pulsar+ installed a few days ago. BT and WiFi connectivity, great after-sales support. Automatic load balancing and DC leakage protection. Zappi-like solar PV support coming soon from what I’ve read. EU-based manufacturer. They’re future-proofed in terms of being able to balance between multiple charges too and the unit is aesthetically inoffensive. Bout the size of my paw.

+1 for pulsar plus. Had it since September, experienced no problems charging my ID.3. Load balancing works fine with electric shower. One thing - timers might be a bit fiddly to set up but better then nothing (ID.3 is still on original software).

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

Can I ask who did the install and how much? I'm looking into chargers at the min and head is a little fried. Leaning towards the Electric Ireland install of the EO mini pro as its a neat box, but this looks a similar size.

dave oc wrote: »
    Can I ask who did the install and how much? I'm looking into chargers at the min and head is a little fried. Leaning towards the Electric Ireland install of the EO mini pro as its a neat box, but this looks a similar size.

Quick look at EI prices, this came in a smidge above the tethered EO mini, but install costs vary depending on what's involved. I'll DM the installer details as I'm not sure if it's allowed per forum rules. Went with them as theirs was one of the neatest installs I've seen in the estate (there's lots of different ones).

• Advertisement

Quick look at EI prices, this came in a smidge above the tethered EO mini, but install costs vary depending on what's involved. I'll DM the installer details as I'm not sure if it's allowed per forum rules. Went with them as theirs was one of the neatest installs I've seen in the estate (there's lots of different ones).

Do you have to signed up as an EI customer as part of that deal? What you save on installation you may end up paying in electricity bills

Advertisement