Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

If it's like the Conti Mobility kit in Nissans, you screw on the bottle of liquid on the comperessor and keep on pumping. Before that try to locate the damage and rotate the tyre so that the puncture is at the lowest point, and then pray that the puncture is small enough for the kit to work. Keep on inflating until at close to the normal pressure and then drive away as soon as possible for the liquid to coat the tyre evenly.

In my case the stuff just leaked out so had to call the breakdown assistance who gave us a tow to a tyre place. They then just replaced the tyre with a new one as it was "too damaged".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Maybe just try pumping the tyre first without the goo. It might be a slow enough puncture to get you to a tyre shop and then you wont have the hassle of convincing the tyre shop that the tyre is fixable after using the goo on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Thank you both! €60k on a car and I don’t even have a spare tyre. What was I thinking?!

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Gerard93

Try use the pump first on its own and inflate the Tyre see will it hold it may be only a slow puncture and may get you to a tyre centre depending on how far away you are.

Using the foam may render the tyre “unrepairable” and u may have to replace the tyre

Just my suggestion

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Gerard93

Looks like KCross beat me to an answer 😃 Hope you get sorted OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,184 ✭✭✭pad199207

Anybody getting this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

Something not right there, mine shows 3.2 when I go into the software screen after getting the update...

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I did get an ota update after I picked up the car, but it still said 3.1.0 straight after that.. which seemed a bit odd to have the same software after a software update. I'll check again in the morning. Either way, I've % battery showing. New screens, shop, and whatever other nothing burger things were in the updates.

I had that OTA as well after the update, nothing in it apart from the shop from what I remember.

Checked again today. 3.2 now. My guess is that shop update with a few other small things was the 3.1->3.2 update.

Things I hope to experience with 3.2:

- No audio glitches (some times I can only turn volume down, and have to reboot the head unit, some times AA Borks and leaves the car without audio

- better winter range as promised

- a less aggressive charging curve falloff

- ability to see if the car is locked or unlocked via app - I don't actually see this. Not sure why

- plug and charge, though this is complaining saying the 3rd party providers are not yet ready. Think I remember seeing that somewhere before

• Advertisement

Plug and charge seems to be ready to go. Though I've a question... How can I NOT use it when I want to? At ionity the prices are pretty much the same, but I don't want to plug into an esb charger and be charged 93c/kWh when I have an esb card for cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭CivilEx

Is Plug & charge applicable to all providers or limited to Ionity only?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭micks_address

Had anyone picked up a storage box that fits neatly in the id4 boot for the type 2 cable? I just leave mine loose in the boot which isn't great as shopping etc gets feiced into

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭hold my beer

There's a little well in the boot, when you lift the floor, we shove the cables down into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Has anyone else had any issues with noise coming from the steering wheel? I've a continous rattling sound when driving on uneven surfaces / going over ramps. There's also a grinding sound at times when the wheel is turned in a specific direction. The movement is fine and smooth though.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭CivilEx

If you have a contract with a good rate per kWh, then simply plugging in and getting your bill at the end of the month sounds great. It will work for some I expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭n.d.os

I dropped my wives buggy ID4 off to VW the other day to get the 3.whatever update done as it is completely incapable of charging itself without literally swiping an app on a few times in bed every night. As expected, I was handed the keys, told the update was done but the car was completely reset and I would have to set up everything again myself. Note, every other car brand would do this for you at the dealership.

The app was working fine yesterday when I got home and swiped off the charge once I parked up. Today we are getting this error on the app. I've read some of the error message. It make no sense. I might just be bored fixing this car every evening at 11pm in the pissing rain.

After I get through all the "do you want to be offline, online,"

menu nonsense in the cars infotainment, the car appears to be setup fine with me as the primary user whatever that means. What's going on here?

I'm reading online that there might be two apps now I need installed on my phone which seems ludicrous but I wouldn't put past VW. Any help please would be appreciated without sitting in the car for 4 hours pulling in and out microchips which last time nearly electrocuted me.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

why don't you setup schedule charging on the ID4 - works flawlessly for me (3.1)

• Advertisement

We got the 3.1 update done for this reason. Scheduled charging was useless before. I figured out the issue above in the car but 3.1 is dreadful. The new layout is very poor and the software is more laggy than before. Maybe scheduled charging will work now but I actually changed our electricity plan again on Friday from a 4 hour window to a more expensive 7 hour window because of the ID4. We can't be taking risks with the car not charging over night on scheduled charge so we are back now to swiping it on at 11pm. Grand.

I’m more then happy with 3.2, find it faster to load and no problems with it at all.

If you don’t like layout you can customise the screens to a certain degree. I had done this to show the consumption figures on the main screen, but with 3.2 I now have that in the binnacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

Go to page 515 on the id3 page, I had the same, @coward gave a step by step guide which worked.

I still don’t have timed charging, something needs more attention and it’s going back in, if you follow the thread you will see my issues.

Once I deleted everything and used a bloody lap top to buy the free shop items things started happening.

Giving back a car wiped of all info and freezing me out of the app was very poor. The lad I’m dealing with in VW is sticking with it though and isn’t fobbing me off. The reset system also knocked nearly 100km of range off but more good advice from here has that rectified.

The new mini screen info is good, scrolling using the view button on the steering wheel gives you more info or bigger travel assist info- can’t remember if it gave two monitored motorway lanes before…

Thanks for the info. My wife thinks the car range has decreased too but it's only a few days and I was blaming the cold weather. Is this really a thing? Is 3.whatever really affecting range?

I've used the same VW garage for years. They've always been good at service level but I was a bit surprised when I was handed the keys and told, "you will have to set the car up yourself." I think the sales team know the software is rubbish and don't want to deal with the continued embarrassment of lagging and over complicated menus and driver info.

I really think the car brands need to look at android automotive as a more complete setup for modern cars. Relying on your phone is also a big problem for me because in the ID4 I've noticed how the phone repeatedly connects and disconnects itself, even when plugged in. With android automotive, everything is already built into the cars software like Google maps, Spotify etc...

I wasn’t even told anything about the car being wiped or that the app and all its info would need to be reconfigured, defo didn’t mention needing a laptop🤣

They had tried to sting me for €108 for telling me my parking sensor was ‘stone chip damaged’, and €352 for a new one, after that standoff I’d say they were glad to see the back of me. They tell everyone it’s stone chip damage as per service bulletin.

Range was very slow to come back, took running it down to 3% and back to full and a few more drives after that, Gom was a steady 370km for weeks, but has come back to what it was originally - 450+~. We haven’t hit cold enough yet to really put a dent in range.

I think they must only be selling these due to vw bank, otherwise there would be teslas everywhere, it would be like south county Dublin all over the country. Il be happier once timed charging is fixed, but still can’t get my head around how wrong they got it and that the MY just updates itself in the driveway.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,389 ✭✭✭✭Water John

I have the smaller battery and range has dropped in the last two weeks with the weather.

No such issues on the 77, yet ! But it’s coming.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Car brands can do this in house. Look at Teslas integration of Spotify, Apple Music, tidal etc

VW were just lazy with their design to get it to market.

That may change.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭sk8board

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I'm in a Born but I haven't noticed my range being effected by the 3.2.1 update. It was showing 370km at 95% with the heat on which equates to 389km 100% GoM which is in line with what I tend to see. Surprised that the consumption has been lower than expected as we're hitting ~10C.

Advertisement