Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

For anyone buying an iD4 on PCP: what rate is the finance at? I was under the impression these were usually set centrally by the manufacturer, but I was told by one dealer today 4.9%, yet I see another online advertising 2.9%....

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

I wonder which way the wipers are going to be installed on the ID.4...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I wonder which way the wipers are going to be installed on the ID.4...

They're conventional wipers instead of the crossover ones the ID.3 has

Presumably they'll have to flip them around for the RHD models :)

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

For anyone buying an iD4 on PCP: what rate is the finance at? I was under the impression these were usually set centrally by the manufacturer, but I was told by one dealer today 4.9%, yet I see another online advertising 2.9%....

2.9% for PCP

HP might be higher

• Registered Users Posts: 28,083 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

2.9% for PCP

HP might be higher

I think there are different PCP rates for each spec level though isn't there?

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I think there are different PCP rates for each spec level though isn't there?

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I got 2.9% for the 1st Max on PCP

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mad_iguana

I got mine on PCP at 2.9%, but I think it changes depending on the starting amount. I initially said I'd pay a 5k deposit, but had pretty large repayments (can't remember the amount), and then they fell significantly when I decided to pay 10k deposit, and by more than just what you'd expect because the loan amount changed. So I'd guess it might be 4.9% above a certain amount, and 2.9% below.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

Does you house have 3 phase connection (its not common) - also, why when you likely be charging at high voltage when you're likely doing this overnight - 7KW is perfect IMO..

Work has 3 phase and i will be charging during day.

To echo what others have been saying, if your office has 3 phase, get a 3 phase charger, it's not that much more expensive in terms of capital costs and will future proof you against any future cars that can charge at 22kW

yeah, the difference is minimal in initial cost. Office has 3 phase and will soon have solar panels, so free juice! Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

Work has 3 phase and i will be charging during day.

Yep, Missed that quite important point of your question - the other few answers were spot on

• Advertisement

yup, all good. Have the sparky coming out to sort it, must get going on the home point also.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

mad_iguana wrote: »
    I got mine on PCP at 2.9%, but I think it changes depending on the starting amount. I initially said I'd pay a 5k deposit, but had pretty large repayments (can't remember the amount), and then they fell significantly when I decided to pay 10k deposit, and by more than just what you'd expect because the loan amount changed. So I'd guess it might be 4.9% above a certain amount, and 2.9% below.

Is that a 1st? Looking at putting in about 10k myself as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

Does anyone know when the accessories will be available? Are they coming in with the deliveries of the 1st editions or later on sometime?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Summer8181

There must be no ID4's in the country yet.

They are due in this week

Summer8181 wrote: »
    There must be no ID4's in the country yet.

They are due in this week

I must be going mad because I swear someone said earlier that a bunch had landed and were waiting in a port to be registered, but I can't find the post now :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭gear_ie

Looks like Wexford VW have the accessories price list for the ID.4

https://www.wexfordvolkswagen.ie/en/id-4-accessories

€1795 for the tow hitch, ouch!

I might be tempted by the mud flaps and the dash cam

The Tow Hitch comes as standard on the ID4 1ST I believe; someone correct me if I'm wrong.

gear_ie wrote: »
    The Tow Hitch comes as standard on the ID4 1ST I believe; someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Dealer confirmed it doesn't

There's a mistake in the current brochure where they mention it in the equipment list, but if look on another page it says in small print it's optional

Now, having said all that, if my ID.4 arrives with a tow hitch attached, I'm not going to be complaining :D

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭declan123

I must be going mad because I swear someone said earlier that a bunch had landed and were waiting in a port to be registered, but I can't find the post now :confused:

Heard from a dealer that some of them are already in Ireland but haven't been released yet. They all need a software update, forgot to ask if they have got approval yet. Have been told there is a large cohart in Germany built and ready to go but there seems to be delays in getting them on a boat

Dealer confirmed it doesn't

There's a mistake in the current brochure where they mention it in the equipment list, but if look on another page it says in small print it's optional

Now, having said all that, if my ID.4 arrives with a tow hitch attached, I'm not going to be complaining :D

Joe Duffy needs to update their website as do others I'm sure;

https://www.joeduffy.ie/volkswagen/news-events/the-new-id4/#:~:text=helps%20when%20manoeuvring.-,The%20ID.,a%20towing%20bracket%20as%20standard.&text=4%201ST%20Max-,The%20ID.,the%20scope%20of%20the%20ID.

They still state "The ID.4 1ST additionally features a highly energy-efficient heat pump that boosts the range in low temperatures as well as a towing bracket as standard."

Is that a 1st? Looking at putting in about 10k myself as well.

Yep a standard 1st.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

Yup, they landed last Friday but I think between revenue needing to register it as a new vehicle, SEAI grants, VW updates and who knows what else it'll probably be another couple of weeks before we can get our hands on them! See a few videos from the UK and they grey looks lovely on them, almost black.

Demo ID4 1st arrived into local dealership today. Heading to see it tomorrow!

Great, that means the revenue part is done so we're a step closer!

Mind if I ask which dealership that is? Is it a Dublin one?

I'm assuming this is somewhere in Ireland given the Waterford reg in the background.

https://twitter.com/AleksanderZ83/status/1369288714610950151

And this one certainly is:

https://twitter.com/vwvinny/status/1369239127326130182

Mind if I ask which dealership that is? Is it a Dublin one?

It's Western Motors Drogheda

It's Western Motors Drogheda

Hmm, bit outside my 5km, could be worth the risk though :)

Hmm, bit outside my 5km, could be worth the risk though :)

Based on the tweets above I'd say most dealers have them by now. Once cheated by revenue I think they just get delivered straight to the dealership.

Based on the tweets above I'd say most dealers have them by now. Once cheated by revenue I think they just get delivered straight to the dealership.

cheated by revenue

Good choice of words there ;)

I'll be giving Joe Duffers Airside a ring shortly to find out the story with their one

EDIT: Airside in Swords don't have theirs yet, hopefully in the next couple of days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭declan123

Did you have to make an appointment to view? Don't forget to report here tomorrow :)

Advertisement