Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Clarified re PCP APRs: seems it's 2.9% for 'current pipeline' cars (1st and max presumably?), and 4.9% for new orders (series models presumably?).

Can't say the VW dealerships are covering themselves in glory though - all phoned and asked for PCP pricing on a 1st with 10k down, no trade in.
    Dealer 1: spoke with them yesterday afternoon. Said they'd email figures this morning. Still waiting.
    Dealer 2: spoke this morning. Said they'd ring with figures in next few hours. Still waiting.
    Dealer 3: no 1Sts available. Fair enough.
    Dealer 4: hung up phone without answering, after being transferred from reception.
    Dealer 5: spoke this morning. Said they'd follow up by email with figures. Still waiting.

Not sure these guys want to sell cars TBH!

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

[IMG][/img]ID4-1.jpg
    ID4-2.jpg

Passed these on the m50 at lunchtime today!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Clarified re PCP APRs: seems it's 2.9% for 'current pipeline' cars (1st and max presumably?), and 4.9% for new orders (series models presumably?).

Can't say the VW dealerships are covering themselves in glory though - all phoned and asked for PCP pricing on a 1st with 10k down, no trade in.
    Dealer 1: spoke with them yesterday afternoon. Said they'd email figures this morning. Still waiting.
    Dealer 2: spoke this morning. Said they'd ring with figures in next few hours. Still waiting.
    Dealer 3: no 1Sts available. Fair enough.
    Dealer 4: hung up phone without answering, after being transferred from reception.
    Dealer 5: spoke this morning. Said they'd follow up by email with figures. Still waiting.

Not sure these guys want to sell cars TBH!

You basically have to stand on their heads until they give you answers. I reckon salespeople don't bother much with phone callers since they don't know if it's a serious buyer or not. People who walk into the dealership are probably more likely to actually buy something

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

bf wrote: »

Okay, first off, don't use your phone while driving ;)

I hope you chased the truck down to find out where they're going :)

Okay, first off, don't use your phone while driving ;)

I hope you chased the truck down to find out where they're going :)

It's ok a passenger reached over & took the photos :P

They were heading in the wrong direction from my dealership anyway :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

bf wrote: »
    [IMG][/img]ID4-2.jpg

That blue one is mine. Hands off everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

That blue one is mine. Hands off everyone!

I'll fight you for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

I've gone for a grey 1st, have been told I should have it sometime next week.

After Revenue clearance the cars get delivered to the dealers, so it looks like this might have happened from some of the photos.

Cars will need the latest software update before they are released, and from reading the ID.3 posts this is currently done by the mechanics and can be slow. AFAIK OTA updates are part of the latest ID.3 version so hopefully will be on the ID.4 from the beginning.

Looking forward to next week !

I'll fight you for it!

The blue looked well. We went with white, which despite all the wrappers on the cars looked well too & offset the dark trims and privacy glass well.

Blue was our original choice, but salesman convinced us it would be more like a dark navy - certainly didn't look like that dark in the flesh

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭gear_ie

Went with 1st Max in Blue. It is on the build list for week starting 29th March... won't see it till April... originally was meant to be delivered this week.. :(

• Advertisement

Pricey car the max, what 56K ?

Video from the UK showing the RHD model- any major differences between this and the Irish 1st?

https://youtu.be/-C3fvbs8bJU

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Video from the UK showing the RHD model- any major differences between this and the Irish 1st?

https://youtu.be/-C3fvbs8bJU

The App connect bit on screen said connect USB. So no wireless Autoplay?

The App connect bit on screen said connect USB. So no wireless Autoplay?

I think Android auto and carplay work wirelessly since v 2.0 on the id3 so should be the same for the id4.

The most annoying thing is there lack of wireless charging :( if I could buy that as an extra I'd happily pay for it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

I think Android auto and carplay work wirelessly since v 2.0 on the id3 so should be the same for the id4.

The most annoying thing is there lack of wireless charging :( if I could buy that as an extra I'd happily pay for it

1st Max does have wireless phone charging, so possibly able to retrofit it to a non max.

I think it also depends on the android version on your phone, wireless Android auto is only on the latest version maybe?

gear_ie wrote: »
    Went with 1st Max in Blue. It is on the build list for week starting 29th March... won't see it till April... originally was meant to be delivered this week.. :(

I went for the Max as well, still don't have a VIN. Mine will probably be made the same time as yours

colm_c wrote: »
    1st Max does have wireless phone charging, so possibly able to retrofit it to a non max.

Someone in the ID.3 forum was looking at this. Apparently the connector block under the phone storage was the same in every version so if you can get the part then it might be possible to swap it in

You basically have to stand on their heads until they give you answers. I reckon salespeople don't bother much with phone callers since they don't know if it's a serious buyer or not. People who walk into the dealership are probably more likely to actually buy something

Dealerships are closed for sales at Level 5 though, or am I wrong? Still didn't hear from any of them BTW. Must get on to L-M here though yet. It's not just VW either - rang Nissan today re purchasing an extended warranty for my Leaf before selling it........you guessed it, still waiting for the call!

Dealerships are closed for sales at Level 5 though, or am I wrong? Still didn't hear from any of them BTW. Must get on to L-M here though yet. It's not just VW either - rang Nissan today re purchasing an extended warranty for my Leaf before selling it........you guessed it, still waiting for the call!

Yes and no, I was in Nissan last week for a service and there were a few sales guys there. They're trying to do everything via phone and email at the moment but I'm sure if I'd stuck my head in the door and offered to put money down on a car they'd have taken it

I think it's quite likely the rates haven't been announced yet and the salespeople are just trying to string you along until they know more.

I wish they were a bit more straight up with people saying they might not know something for a few days or weeks rather than the generic "I'll ring you back in a few hours"

• Advertisement

Anyone got a confirmed collection date? I'm expecting probably the week after next but seeing the cars available to view in dealers looks like we might get them a bit earlier or are VW Ireland going to hold them back?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mad_iguana

Anyone got a confirmed collection date? I'm expecting probably the week after next but seeing the cars available to view in dealers looks like we might get them a bit earlier or are VW Ireland going to hold them back?

The guy I've been dealing with said he expects to let me know 2 weeks before it arrives, so that there'll be time to arrange installation of a charger. And since I've not heard anything, I'm guessing that means at least 2 weeks. But who the hell knows?

I believe there is a certain timeline they have to follow once the car arrives into the country, it can't be sitting around for weeks without being registered and taxed

I'm guessing all the ID.4s that have arrived in the past few days are running the old software and they'll want to update them to the 2.1 version

But to answer your question, I've had no delivery date and I'm fairly sure they haven't started building mine yet as I've no VIN

I believe there is a certain timeline they have to follow once the car arrives into the country, it can't be sitting around for weeks without being registered and taxed

I'm guessing all the ID.4s that have arrived in the past few days are running the old software and they'll want to update them to the 2.1 version

But to answer your question, I've had no delivery date and I'm fairly sure they haven't started building mine yet as I've no VIN

Just off phone from a dealer and he said all the iD4s which have landed need an update which supposedly takes eight hours, and that it would be next week, or the week after before they're available.

Just off phone from a dealer and he said all the iD4s which have landed need an update which supposedly takes eight hours, and that it would be next week, or the week after before they're available.

Sounds about right, they have to do the ID.3s as well so they'll probably be busy

There's some debate as to how long the update actually takes, but they seem to book 8 hours in case they have to try it again

On the plus side, if this update gets OTA working (which it should) then you won't need to go in for an update again :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Mother of what, 8 hours, sounds like update over poor dealer WiFi, that is just loopy in 2021

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,083 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

slave1 wrote: »
    Mother of what, 8 hours, sounds like update over poor dealer WiFi, that is just loopy in 2021

If anyone picks up the phone to make a call the internet cuts off as well so can take even longer ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

slave1 wrote: »

I dont think its a dealer Wifi thing.

I think its just the process of pushing it down to each of the ECU's and having to wait for it to flash the firmware and move onto the next one. There are lots of modules that have to be updated. Its a one by one job apparently and some fail and you have to start it again so you have to babysit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭declan123

KCross wrote: »
    I dont think its a dealer Wifi thing.

I think its just the process of pushing it down to each of the ECU's and having to wait for it to flash the firmware and move onto the next one. There are lots of modules that have to be updated. Its a one by one job apparently and some fail and you have to start it again so you have to babysit it.

I heard similar, its a pain of a job to do. Its probably best its done before its collected to avoid the hassle of going back with it.

Anyone see one in the flesh in the dealers yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭gear_ie

Just back from the dealership in Drogheda. They have the 1st Edition (not the Max) in Blue.

Overall very impressive looking car and the Blue looks great - didn't get to drive it as they want to update it first.

Love the look of the outside and inside. Inside is very spacious - I'm 6ft 2in and had the front seat all the way back and could still in the back seat with loads of room. We have the Tiguan All-Space at the moment, and the ID4 rear seat has tonnes of room in comparison.

Can't wait to get my hands on it... even if it is going to be my wife's car :D

Sorry I didn't get photos - phone camera is smashed :(

Advertisement