Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭TheBigEvil

gear_ie wrote: »
    Just back from the dealership in Drogheda. They have the 1st Edition (not the Max) in Blue.

Overall very impressive looking car and the Blue looks great - didn't get to drive it as they want to update it first.

Love the look of the outside and inside. Inside is very spacious - I'm 6ft 2in and had the front seat all the way back and could still in the back seat with loads of room. We have the Tiguan All-Space at the moment, and the ID4 rear seat has tonnes of room in comparison.

Can't wait to get my hands on it... even if it is going to be my wife's car :D

Sorry I didn't get photos - phone camera is smashed :(

Ohhh excellent, glad to hear your impressions were good :) and great to hear its got plenty of room, im 6'1 !! :)

I've one on order with the Drogheda dealership, am hoping to hear from them in the next couple of weeks about it, hopefully will get a call for a test drive too :D

This will be my car, the wife can go and whistle :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Just back from the dealership in Drogheda. They have the 1st Edition (not the Max) in Blue.

Overall very impressive looking car and the Blue looks great - didn't get to drive it as they want to update it first.

Love the look of the outside and inside. Inside is very spacious - I'm 6ft 2in and had the front seat all the way back and could still in the back seat with loads of room. We have the Tiguan All-Space at the moment, and the ID4 rear seat has tonnes of room in comparison.

Can't wait to get my hands on it... even if it is going to be my wife's car :D

Sorry I didn't get photos - phone camera is smashed :(

How would you say the boot space is? Smaller than the Tiguan All Space I'd imagine but is it relatively big?

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭gear_ie

How would you say the boot space is? Smaller than the Tiguan All Space I'd imagine but is it relatively big?

Yeah smaller than the All-Space alright but I still think there is plenty of space.

Our oldest used to sit in one of the back two All-Space seats so we never had use of the full boot, she can now sit in the rear middle of the ID4 so with the ID4 we'll probably have more space in the boot now... hope that makes sense :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭PATJOE

Is the rear seat wider do you think?
    We have an Allspace also and considering it
    Yeah smaller than the All-Space alright but I still think there is plenty of space.

Our oldest used to sit in one of the back two All-Space seats so we never had use of the full boot, she can now sit in the rear middle of the ID4 so with the ID4 we'll probably have more space in the boot now... hope that makes sense :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

This was in the Irish Times last week

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/motors/vw-aims-to-bring-self-driving-cars-to-the-masses-by-2030-1.4502073

"Software updates
    Volkswagen is promising over-the-air software updates every 12 weeks for its new ID cars, similar to what smartphone owners experience, where new features are regularly added and options can be added long after the purchase of the car.

Laying out its updated strategy, the car giant said the new system will fall under its ID. Digital project, which will start from this summer. “These will enable the vehicle to remain up to date throughout its life cycle and become better and better with new functions. A fully networked fleet of over 500,000 vehicles is expected to be on the road in just two years’ time, through which Volkswagen will be able to transmit direct customer feedback to new functions.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭gear_ie

PATJOE wrote: »
    Is the rear seat wider do you think?
    We have an Allspace also and considering it

Definitely feels like it is. It could be the fact that the transmission tunnel isn't there so the perception is that it's bigger, especially given that it is only 13mm wider than the All-Space.

Anyone know how far in advance the dealer can apply for the SEAI grant? I was asked to send on my MPRN (dunno what they need that for) and was told they're going to apply on Friday. I'm wondering does that put a timeline on the delivery date

• Registered Users Posts: 28,083 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anyone know how far in advance the dealer can apply for the SEAI grant? I was asked to send on my MPRN (dunno what they need that for) and was told they're going to apply on Friday. I'm wondering does that put a timeline on the delivery date

Are they applying for the charger grant for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

My dealer has already applied for the grant for my car (I only put the deposit down the start of last week). He gave me the application number and I applied for the home charger grant (this application number for the car grant is needed) and the letter of offer for the home charger was emailed less than 2 days after applying for it. Very quick and seamless process

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Summer8181

Any more ID4 sightings on M50 today? Some dealers received one or two units and others are still waiting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

Summer8181 wrote: »
    Any more ID4 sightings on M50 today? Some dealers received one or two units and others are still waiting.

I assume it's up to NVD to get them to the dealerships?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Matt406

Summer8181 wrote: »

I was on the M7/N7/M50 today for the first time in at least 6 months and I saw 4 separate transporters carrying ID4's. All grey, white or blue - none in yellow! They looked well - especially the blue! They all looked to be 1st, I didn't see any 1st Max!

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Are they applying for the charger grant for you?

I hope not, I've already got a charger

Matt406 wrote: »
    I was on the M7/N7/M50 today for the first time in at least 6 months and I saw 4 separate transporters carrying ID4's. All grey, white or blue - none in yellow! They looked well - especially the blue! They all looked to be 1st, I didn't see any 1st Max!

I think the yellow looks lovely but I think I'd find it a bit much. It's very bright:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=867578607308876

Matt406 wrote: »

I have a theory they've only built the 1st editions and not the 1st Max yet. I'm hoping the Max versions will be delivered before the end of the month

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

I think the yellow looks lovely but I think I'd find it a bit much. It's very bright:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=867578607308876

I like the Yellow, probably not so bright in real life.

Not pushed on the Blue or Grey and not sure about the white on such a big car.

Hope there are a few more colours eventually..

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Doonbegman

My dealer told me that the ID.4 was only added to the SEAI grant list last week when he emailed me the application form.

He said that the car will be in at the end of the month/beginning of next month. I convinced my wife to go for something different so ordered it in Honey Yellow. I hope she likes it as she is paying for it!

My friend in the UK said he can pick up his ID4 on the 26th March.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

eagerv wrote: »
    Not pushed on the Blue or Grey and not sure about the white on such a big car.

The white ID.4 gives me a StormTrooper vibe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

liamog wrote: »
    The white ID.4 gives me a StormTrooper vibe

That role has been filled.
    release_a.jpg?itok=PKhv2Ug5[\img]

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

joe duffy VW northside have a blue Id4 in the showroom. It's placed right beside an Id.3 which is interesting. Had a brief look at it this evening. very happy with purchase decision.
    Can confirm rear lift gate is not powered on the non-max versions supplied to Ireland (BOO!)

Salesman told me none in until end of month a few days ago. Might pop in tomorrow. Any white one's there?

catharsis wrote: »
    joe duffy VW northside have a blue Id4 in the showroom. It's placed right beside an Id.3 which is interesting. Had a brief look at it this evening. very happy with purchase decision.
    Can confirm rear lift gate is not powered on the non-max versions supplied to Ireland (BOO!)

Joe Duffy Airside also have several, saw a grey and blue ones, both firsts

The car is BIG, much bigger in person than the pictures make you think. I had a quick look around the one in the showroom, plenty of space inside and in the boot

I can't wait for my Max now :D

catharsis wrote: »

I think that was in the specs for the car, that and wireless phone charger are the 2 things I'd really like, maybe the electric seats too actually.

I think it's going to be a very popular car given the range and space.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

Are dealers allowing people to call in and view cars? I thought that’s not allowed at the moment? I’ve mine booked in Joe Duffy airside so I’m tempted to drop out to them to take a look, might ring the dealer tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Doonbegman

Tom Murphy's in Waterford have taken delivery of a white and Tom Harvey's in Thurles have the blue.

Joe Duffy Airside also have several, saw a grey and blue ones, both firsts

The car is BIG, much bigger in person than the pictures make you think. I had a quick look around the one in the showroom, plenty of space inside and in the boot

I can't wait for my Max now :D

I bet you can't wait lucky git, :D

Pricey though for sure, can't remember if you said but did you go with regular finance or Pcp ? How many kms are you doing a year ?

I fear depreciation for me would be just too massive to spend such money, I have nearly 110,000 on the i3 now and it's just 4 years old. 9,500 on it when I got it 3 years and 4 months ago.

I bet you can't wait lucky git, :D

Pricey though for sure, can't remember if you said but did you go with regular finance or Pcp ? How many kms are you doing a year ?

I fear depreciation for me would be just too massive to spend such money, I have nearly 110,000 on the i3 now and it's just 4 years old. 9,500 on it when I got it 3 years and 4 months ago.

Pricey indeed, definitely not smart from a financial standpoint, but I don't buying a car ever is.

I went for PCP as I couldn't afford the payments on HP and didn't want to be in debt for more than 3 years. My plan is to get an ID. Buzz at the end of the PCP and either sell the ID.4 privately for trade it in

My mileage is pretty low, around 12,000km before covid and less than half of that since. The limit is 60,000km over 3 years, so unless something changes I should be safe.

Sounds like you'd be doing about 25,000km per year which would put you 15,000km over. The excess is 10c per km, so that'd be a €1500 hit to the equity in the car

Pricey indeed, definitely not smart from a financial standpoint, but I don't buying a car ever is.

I went for PCP as I couldn't afford the payments on HP and didn't want to be in debt for more than 3 years. My plan is to get an ID. Buzz at the end of the PCP and either sell the ID.4 privately for trade it in

My mileage is pretty low, around 12,000km before covid and less than half of that since. The limit is 60,000km over 3 years, so unless something changes I should be safe.

Sounds like you'd be doing about 25,000km per year which would put you 15,000km over. The excess is 10c per km, so that'd be a €1500 hit to the equity in the car

I think there's a definite pipeline from id4 to buzz. I think that'll be our next car too

• Advertisement

I think there's a definite pipeline from id4 to buzz. I think that'll be our next car too

All roads lead to the buzz :D

I would honestly not be surprised if VW stopped producing any other vehicles than the Buzz because it's the only one people want

Advertisement