Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,083 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

cannco253 wrote: »
    I've been told the software update for the ID.4 doesn't take as long as the ID.3.

The problem lots of garages are having is that they want to get the ID.4s out the door, but also want to keep the existing ID.3 owners onside with the update, but can't manage both at the same time...

I'd guess the ID.4 1sts will get out quickly, if nothing else it's good publicity for VW and more ID cars on the road.....

ID4s are probably on 2.0 whereas most ID3s are on 1. something. They need a day to go from 1 to 2.0 and then a few hours to go from 2.0 to 2.1.

Once you have 2.1 you get OTA updates as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭RonTon

Was collecting a car and spotted the id4 ,door was open so had a look .Sat in a blue and a grey one in Newmarket, must say it’s v nice in both colours. Lots of room in the back alright,it’s not a huge car/jeep but way better than a tiny Kona , plenty head room .
    The finish both inside and outside I did like ,boot was a good size ,tinted back side windows,overall well impressed..
    If I was buying today, ID4 would be top of list .

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

I'm expecting my id.4 in a few weeks and have decided I'll go with the vw charger. What are the real daily benefits of paying the extra for the WiFi connected version?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Dealer in Airside just got back to me about delivery date for my ID.4 Max and they're saying late April now :(

I should be happy about another month to bolster the savings, but I want my car now

He also said they don't have any cars available for test drives but you can look around them in the showroom

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

Joe Duffy Airside have a good few 1ST on the forecourt in Blue, White and Grey. Some photos of the blue

https://ibb.co/k1YkPXx
    https://ibb.co/X3rHnYm
    https://ibb.co/Byj44HG
    https://ibb.co/S3PkRP4

• Advertisement

Nice colour, that plastic is going to be a b1tch to keep black.

Nice colour, that plastic is going to be a b1tch to keep black.

Bit of this stuff twice a year will sort it out

https://www.micksgarage.com/g/dash-rubber-and-plastics/products/de7d932445/autoglym-bumper-and-trim-gel-325ml

I have one from turtle wax I just spray on I use for the i3, a lot handier, kind of the same for the tyres but it's a pain when you clean a car to have to do so much more on plastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

Spotted an actual ID 4 in the wild today near Kinsealy, was registered so I’d be hoping for a call from the dealer next week.....

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Summer8181

bf wrote: »
    Spotted an actual ID 4 in the wild today near Kinsealy, was registered so I’d be hoping for a call from the dealer next week.....

Spotted one today too, so waiting for a call too. Is NVD delivering them all? Is it from Dublin or Rosslare? Are the cars at the port or are they still in Germany. I'd expect NVD to deliver another 40 or 50 next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

First ship of them docked in Dublin last weekend

Dealers are turning them around very quickly.

Is there any left at Dublin port or have NVD delivered them all. How many was on the ferry 40? Or was it more?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

bf wrote: »
    First ship of them docked in Dublin last weekend

Two ships... MV Patara and MV Parana.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

Got a call from the dealer yesterday and should be collecting on Friday. Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭Jofspring

So would all the ID4's in Ireland be ones that were pre-ordered by customers or would the dealer's have ordered a load to have some in stock ready for someone to buy on the fly?

Jofspring wrote: »
    So would all the ID4's in Ireland be ones that were pre-ordered by customers or would the dealer's have ordered a load to have some in stock ready for someone to buy on the fly?

I'd say it depends on dealers but we had initially expected delivery in January after ordering in November so I'm guessing most dealers will be getting them out to people who pre ordered before they have any inventory available. Some dealers might have stock available but from what our garage was saying they sold 5 of them last week so I'd say there's very few of the first editions left.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 omgapuppy

Got a call from the dealer yesterday and should be collecting on Friday. Can't wait!

Which part of the country if you don’t mind me asking? Ordered with duffers myself in December, hopefully will see it in a week or two.

omgapuppy wrote: »
    Which part of the country if you don’t mind me asking? Ordered with duffers myself in December, hopefully will see it in a week or two.

Ordered from a dealership in the west, count get any anything out of Duffy's!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭jp101

Jofspring wrote: »
    I ordered one last year and went to see them yesterday and the dealer happened to mention that they are not all sold. Some will be registered as demos. They only have the base 1st though no Maxes.
    I might get mine next week but it depends on the software upgrade progress as they are doing ID3s as well. There is a lot of preregistration work to done on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Thanks lads, my father is going to make a few enquiries tomorrow. He's been interested in the ID.4 for a while but wanted to see the car in the flesh before making any commitment. Going to go out for a look locally and see what he thinks. Looks very impressive in the videos a few dealer's have up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,083 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Fully Charged did a piece on the ID4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

Has anyone been quoted for insurance on the ID.4?

Aviva have both 1st editions on their system already!

Just checked mine, €394 fully comp with protected NCD and excess set to the max amount

That's over €100 cheaper than my 2016 Leaf :eek:

Whoever works this out must be on some other plane of reality because I cannot fathom how it worked out cheaper :confused:

Not that I'm complaining though :pac:

My quote over the phone worked out as a refund to me of €94.

I was asked if the car had an alarm and said yes, but has anyone had confirmation of that?
    Also asked if there was a tracker in the car and said the VW app allows you to track the car.

I presume the answers to both are the same for the ID.3

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Whoever works this out must be on some other plane of reality because I cannot fathom how it worked out cheaper :confused:

Could be down to the notable number of thefts of the Leaf, Insurance prices are all about the likelihood of a claim, so far the ID.4 has a clean sheet

liamog wrote: »
    Could be down to the notable number of thefts of the Leaf, Insurance prices are all about the likelihood of a claim, so far the ID.4 has a clean sheet

I'm guessing it must be that, or that the Leaf24 is out of production so parts might be more expensive?

AFAIK it's mostly based on the replacement cost of the car and since Leafs have gone down a fair bit in value over the last couple of years I'd be expecting they'd be a fraction of the risk of an ID.4 financially

I wonder does the safety systems in an ID.4 (AEB, LKAS, etc.) also come into play?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

My ID.3 Aviva recent quote was cheaper than my previous ICE.
    Almost payed it on the spot! But negotiated another bit, finally got it for their(claimed) minimum price of €280.

https://youtu.be/2RAKqN0AKBk

Late Brake Show review

Any ID4'S on the M50 today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭jp101

My quote over the phone worked out as a refund to me of €94.

I was asked if the car had an alarm and said yes, but has anyone had confirmation of that?
    Also asked if there was a tracker in the car and said the VW app allows you to track the car.

I presume the answers to both are the same for the ID.3

There is no alarm. There is an immobiliser. I just called the dealer to ask that question this morning.

Advertisement