Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Bjorn is getting an ID4 today through Easter, expect extensive testing and insight

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

slave1 wrote: »
    Bjorn is getting an ID4 today through Easter, expect extensive testing and insight

Usually the guts of a week before his videos come out though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

VW ID.4 v Tesla Model 3 EV Road Trip

https://youtu.be/0dipTAQsBgk

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

cannco253 wrote: »
    Wireless Apple Carplay works, but Netflix doesn't work with Carplay so you can't stream it.

Yes, phone hotspot is how I got it working to begin with. I'm wondering how the stable the car wifi will be so wanted to try it out and took the free option.

Where did u find the WIFI password?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

My 1st MAX has been assigned a VIN!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Yoinks - my new ID4 (well, hopefully) is apparently turning up next week - a month early! Need to get shot of my Leaf - if anyone knows someone after a 40kWh SVE (top spec - fully loaded), send them my way! I'll beat any comparable price on Carzone, and include a two year extended Nissan warranty (so basically, better protection than buying from a dealer). Gun metal grey, cream leather - FSH etc and new tyres all round in December. Based in Cork.

Drove a demo ID4 today. Took a bit of getting used to, and I'm just not a fan of all the capacitive controls - give me proper buttons any day, much safer. Slower than the Leaf, but still decent acceleration - you can feel the two tonnes though! Didn't get to actually examine it thoroughly though as it was lashing rain.

edit: scratch that about the extended warranty - turns out Nissan don't sell an extended warranty for one specific model.....the Leaf! Still though, all the EV specific stuff is warrantied for five years anyway.

Leaf sold, just waiting for the money to clear over the weekend. Hopefully I'll be in my new ID4 this time next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

Leaf sold, just waiting for the money to clear over the weekend. Hopefully I'll be in my new ID4 this time next week!

I was planning to trade-in my own Leaf SVE 40KwH, but if any boardsie wants it, strictly as-is, I'm happy to offer it at the trade-in price to a boardsie. private messages only, will be handing it over Monday otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,217 ✭✭✭digiman

Ordered an id4 1st Max a few days ago as well, no idea on delivery date at all. One dealer told me that they couldn’t order them anymore and it was only the newer versions but the dealer I bought it from never mentioned it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

gear_ie wrote: »
    You have to apply directly with SEAI here

I submitted that form yesterday but didn't get any response, acknowledgement email or anything .. is that normal ? Was it the same for everyone else ?

Also, it looks for the 'Electric Vehicle Grant Application ID' .. whats this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭jp101

v10 wrote: »
    I submitted that form yesterday but didn't get any response, acknowledgement email or anything .. is that normal ? Was it the same for everyone else ?

The Application ID should be provided by the dealer. You need to provide this and you should then get a letter fairly soon after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Usually the guts of a week before his videos come out though

The video's will be coming thick and fast no doubt...... Will be watching with great interest...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

cannco253 wrote: »
    VW ID.4 v Tesla Model 3 EV Road Trip

https://youtu.be/0dipTAQsBgk

Not a good start to ownership when the Nav system wasn't working on Day 1 of his brand new ID.4 :eek::eek::eek:

Still showing the car in Scotland when they were departing Leeds!!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Fraggle00

My eflow tag arrived and they confirmed I'm getting the reduced tolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭Tefral

One of the girls in work picked up hers, I drove it today. Seriously nice car to drive. I was impressed.

The cabin is fairly massive in them. I'm 6foot 1 and not used to having space when i sit in the back, was pleasantly surprised at home much room there is in the back when you sit in.

Ask the dealers to check the 12v battery before it leaves them. 2 people I know now have had to have the AA bring them back to VW to get it replaced.

jp101 wrote: »
    The Application ID should be provided by the dealer. You need to provide this and you should then get a letter fairly soon after.

Ok, do you know if I should get an email after submitting ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 omgapuppy

Ok, do you know if I should get an email after submitting ?

Yep, something along the lines of:
    Thank you for your application.

Your application will be processed and subject to you meeting scheme Terms & Conditions a Letter of Offer will be issued by post within 7 days.

Please ensure you do not commence any works until you receive your Letter of Offer.

Electric Vehicle Home Charger Scheme

omgapuppy wrote: »
    Yep, something along the lines of:

Ah ok, maybe I did something wrong, thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

VW Comes Out Swinging! Can The All Electric VW ID.4 Finally Dethrone The Tesla Model Y? | Car Wars

https://youtu.be/jEewP2HrxPU

A bit emotional but funny, some fair points on both sides

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

Tefral wrote: »
    Ask the dealers to check the 12v battery before it leaves them. 2 people I know now have had to have the AA bring them back to VW to get it replaced.

Both on the ID.4?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

gear_ie wrote: »
    I've the Max ordered since December.
    I only put a deposit down last week. Seems very quick!
    declan123 wrote: »
    My ID.4 is available for collecting in the next few days
    colm_c wrote: »
    My 1st MAX has been assigned a VIN!
    I'll be in my new ID4 this time next week!
    catharsis wrote: »
    I was planning to trade-in my own Leaf SVE....will be handing it over Monday otherwise.
    digiman wrote: »
    Ordered an id4 1st Max a few days ago as well
    I submitted that form yesterday
    Fraggle00 wrote: »
    My eflow tag arrived and they confirmed I'm getting the reduced tolls.
    Tefral wrote: »
    One of the girls in work picked up hers

Wow, a veritable avalanche of ID.4 orders :eek:.

At this rate, there won't be a single Model Y sold in Ireland, if it ever arrives :pac:. VW are going to mop the floor with Tesla in the coming years, giving the market what it wants: quality, affordable crossovers with the VW badge to boot.

Well wear to all the new owners :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭BKelly21

We took delivery of ours the Friday morning after st patricks day, I was initially sceptical about it, both in terms of distance achievable on a charge, but I just wasn't impressed with the looks initially.

My wife however was hooked, I'm glad I decided to sit back and let her follow through though, it's more than adequate distance wise between charges, and I will admit that, esthetically it's grown on me immensely.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭gear_ie

As jp101 said, you'll get the 'Electric Vehicle Grant Application ID' from the dealer. Once you have that and have submitted the online form you should get an email confirming application. I had my approval for the 'Home Charger Grant' within 4 days from submission.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Kramer wrote: »

At this rate, there won't be a single Model Y sold in Ireland, if it ever arrives :pac:. VW are going to mop the floor with Tesla in the coming years, giving the market what it wants: quality, affordable crossovers with the VW badge to boot.

It's one of the reasons I've plumped for it. The GMFV on the PCP is saucy, but I think this could be the watershed car for mass market EV adoption and thus be in serious demand secondhand in a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

I pick mine up tomorrow. W00t!

Oh and if anyone is going down the company car route for tax purposes, I can highly recommend evinsurance.ie in Limerick.
    They gave me a brilliant price and it even covers class 1 business use. (I have no interest in them, just a happy customer)

Certainly doesn't seem to be a shortage of them, regardless of what some dealers will tell you. Some say there's only a handful in the country, others say there's ones arriving on a truck each day (though perhaps already assigned to an owner).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭innrain

I can't wait to see the sales figures for March. Any bets? 10% 15% market share?

It is really cool to see this new wave. It seems to be a really nice car and will advertise the EV to a wider audience. Tesla will have its share of fans and enthusiasts but I know a lot of Tiguan owners who will be impressed by the ID4.

innrain wrote: »
    I can't wait to see the sales figures for March. Any bets? 10% 15% market share?

It is really cool to see this new wave. It seems to be a really nice car and will advertise the EV to a wider audience. Tesla will have its share of fans and enthusiasts but I know a lot of Tiguan owners who will be impressed by the ID4.

Were the id3 figures it's first month around 200 units? By the sounds of it I expect it to eclipse that.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

Were the id3 figures it's first month around 200 units? By the sounds of it I expect it to eclipse that.

I'd expect similar ish figures. I think most deliveries only rolled out from the week of st Patrick's Day and I think the Irish allocation of 1st editions was around 250 or something? Someone else might know better.

Still loving the car. It's a car you want to be driving, reminds me of when we first got the Ioniq in that way. I think it'll be very popular over here provided pricing for the series models is reasonable

I'd expect similar ish figures. I think most deliveries only rolled out from the week of st Patrick's Day and I think the Irish allocation of 1st editions was around 250 or something? Someone else might know better.

Still loving the car. It's a car you want to be driving, reminds me of when we first got the Ioniq in that way. I think it'll be very popular over here provided pricing for the series models is reasonable

It's not. 343km range models are 34-38k.
    500km range models start at 44k and notably doesn't come with a reversing camera.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

243 ID.4s as of yesterday. 343 ID3

Advertisement