Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

innrain wrote: »
    I can't wait to see the sales figures for March. Any bets? 10% 15% market share?

I don't think March/April/May percentages would be a good yardstick. Most normal sales are front loaded into January/July & many traditional/prospective ICE purchasers would now wait out Q2, until July, for the 212 plate.

EVs are different in that regard. Just like Tesla registrations spike when a boat arrives, regardless of month, the eagerly awaited ID.4 will dominate on its initial release.
    EV sales will eventually fall into line with normal January/July peaks & we're not too far away from that, with the plethora of mainstream BEVs coming on stream.

I expect the Ioniq 5 & EV6 will follow the current trend though - they'll be in high demand too, when released.

It's brilliant for the market - earlier adopters are freeing up older Leafs/Ioniqs/Konas etc. so everyone's a winner :).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

innrain wrote: »
    I can't wait to see the sales figures for March. Any bets? 10% 15% market share?

It is really cool to see this new wave. It seems to be a really nice car and will advertise the EV to a wider audience. Tesla will have its share of fans and enthusiasts but I know a lot of Tiguan owners who will be impressed by the ID4.

VW are adding a third shift to Zwickau to meet demand and are speeding ahead with converting Emden and Hannover to electric vehicle manufacturing. Along with 2 factories in China and another in the US it's easy to see how they can get to 1 million EVs per year by 2023

I'm not gonna make guesses as to whether VW will eclipse Tesla, but one thing I've seen from VW is a very varied product portfolio with cars planned for every segment from small city cars to commercial vans. Add to that the offerings from VW's sub brands and there's a car for everyone there

Tesla seem totally focused on the high end performance segments and even when then Model 2 arrives I suspect it'll be more like a high end hot hatch than a basic spec Polo. They could end up losing out on a big market segment there

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭Tefral

Both on the ID.4?

Yep

L-M wrote: »
    243 ID.4s as of yesterday. 343 ID3

Just March, or year to date?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Just March, or year to date?

Ytd

• Advertisement

Manufacturers

By model

Does anyone know if the 2020 figure that beep beep uses for comparison is full year or up to the same month

I noticed that BEVs have sold about 500 more cars in 2021 than 2020, but I'm wondering if that was Jan-March 2020 or full year?

VW (dieselgate) & Nissan (Leaf, antiquated, CHAdeMo) BEVs, outselling Tesla 3:1 & we're not even 3 months into 2021 :eek:.

What is Elon promoting?
    A pipe dream stainless steel cybertruck & sub 2 second to 60, 8 year old $150,000 Model S, while the market wants ID.4s.

It's looking like VW could well be 5 years ahead of Tesla the way things are going & their charging infrastructure is quickly catching up in europe too (twice as many Ionity sites in Ireland as superchargers for example).

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

By model

Is that from beepbeep? Or a dealer only portal?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Does anyone know if the 2020 figure that beep beep uses for comparison is full year or up to the same month

I noticed that BEVs have sold about 500 more cars in 2021 than 2020, but I'm wondering if that was Jan-March 2020 or full year?

BeepBeep does a month comparison when you compare a partial year. So if you do stats for 2020/2021 it's comparing 2020 Jan-Feb vs 2021 Jan-Feb.

By model

128 model 3 sold in march! Boat must of arrived.

liamog wrote: »
    BeepBeep does a month comparison when you compare a partial year. So if you do stats for 2020/2021 it's comparing 2020 Jan-Feb vs 2021 Jan-Feb.

Thanks, I was thinking 1200 BEVs for 2020 seemed pretty low, it was actually for Q1 2020

Be nice if they did sales per model over time. Could compare id3 sales against golf sales. See if it's made a dent at all

Kramer wrote: »
    VW (dieselgate) & Nissan (Leaf, antiquated, CHAdeMo) BEVs, outselling Tesla 3:1 & we're not even 3 months into 2021 :eek:.

What is Elon promoting?
    A pipe dream stainless steel cybertruck & sub 2 second to 60, 8 year old $150,000 Model S, while the market wants ID.4s.

It's looking like VW could well be 5 years ahead of Tesla the way things are going & their charging infrastructure is quickly catching up in europe too (twice as many Ionity sites in Ireland as superchargers for example).

To be fair that's as much down to Tesla's strange delivery schedule and their habit of delivering all of Europe's vehicles at the end of a quarter

I do feel they're getting fairly derivative at this point, just seem to be refreshing the older models rather than bringing anything new to the table.

I know there's a lot going on under the hood with the new batteries and so forth, but the average car buyer really isn't going to care about any of that

Be nice if they did sales per model over time. Could compare id3 sales against golf sales. See if it's made a dent at all

I did a quick glance at the numbers and golf sales were up slightly on last year, about 900 YTD, so the ID.3 doesn't seem to be taking away sales from the golf yet

128 model 3 sold in march! Boat must of arrived.

I have actually noticed a lot more Model 3s around all of a sudden, reckon they must have been a few delivered around Swords in the past few weeks

Is that from beepbeep? Or a dealer only portal?

It’s a dealer portal unfortunately.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Kramer wrote: »

What is Elon promoting?

We’ve covered this before, S and X production lines closed, 3 volumes shifting to China, it’s just a temporary thing, wait till websee the Berlin Y sales and pent up Plaid.

Tesla are 4 sites, Ionity are 6, that’s not double ( both have double sites in those numbers)

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭PaulRyan97

I did a quick glance at the numbers and golf sales were up slightly on last year, about 900 YTD, so the ID.3 doesn't seem to be taking away sales from the golf yet

That's because last year all that was being sold was the remaining stock of MK7 Golfs, sales were lower that year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Summer8181

After a few days driving ID4, I am very impressed. Definitely better to drive in D mode on country roads. Rolls for miles. B is great for city or town driving. ID4 seems a very wide car or maybe it is just the seating position.

Comfort is first class. Battery doesn't like speed or climbing hills. Heater eats juice if it is cold outside like today.

slave1 wrote: »
    Tesla are 4 sites, Ionity are 6, that’s not double ( both have double sites in those numbers)

umloqsx.jpg

SdXa5Ku.jpg

5:3, 6:4 or 6:3, depending on how you count them :P.
    Both pitiful though, considering we've a "green" government :rolleyes:.

Soon Tesla will outnumber them too............coming soon..........

Summer8181 wrote: »
    Battery doesn't like speed or climbing hills. Heater eats juice if it is cold outside like today.

None of them do. Heated seats ftw in cold weather, much more efficient than heating the cabin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jayjayokacha1

Took delivery yesterday of my id4. Must say its lovely to drive, very nippy. Just wondering does it have a GPS tracker and if so how do I go about using it on app. The sales guy said it has.

Took delivery yesterday of my id4.

Well wear :).

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭PaulRyan97

Manufacturers

Looks like we could have around 2500 EVs sold then for Q1 2021. That would be about 60% of the total for 2020 as a whole. Not too bad.

Though I'm guessing PHEVs have seen an even larger surge.

PaulRyan97 wrote: »
    Looks like we could have around 2500 EVs sold then for Q1 2021. That would be about 60% of the total for 2020 as a whole. Not too bad.

Though I'm guessing PHEVs have seen an even larger surge.

I'd expect so. More phevs to choose from, just like BEVs. Variety and affordability for BEVs isn't there yet in Ireland. Hopefully seeing less and less diesel though (likely since a lot of manufacturers have dropped diesel) and less petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭declan123

Might be a silly question, can you use the vw We charge card on esb public chargers or should I get an esb ecar card as well?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

declan123 wrote: »
    Might be a silly question, can you use the vw We charge card on esb public chargers or should I get an esb ecar card as well?

Yes you can, but don't because you'll get better value from the eCars card

• Advertisement

Yes you can, but don't because you'll get better value from the eCars card

Is there any use in the wecharge card?

Advertisement