Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Summer8181

My ID4 is amazing. So comfortable except for speed ramps which are pronounced due to stiff suspension and big wheels. Great power. 400km plus range is good. Wet and windy weather will struggle to hit 350km. Some long trips over the weekend will be interesting. Stay tuned for more fun facts

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

All mine.

Time to update your Sig now bud

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,550 ✭✭✭✭vectra

FYI, not that it might mean much given the time between me talking to dealers and now, but from the southish area dealers, Brendan in divanes VW Kerry, and Nicola in VW Fermoy gave me the best deals. Other dealers somewhat faffed around, or just gave the list price and no interest in negotiations.

Who did you buy from in the end?
    If I am correct I would say from Nicola?

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

slave1 wrote: »
    Time to update your Sig now bud

This is true. Been on the phone mostly so not seen it. On the list

vectra wrote: »
    Who did you buy from in the end?
    If I am correct I would say from Nicola?

Correct.

• Advertisement

Found my first "oh that's disappointing the Irish version didn't get that and the UK version did". Seems Keyless access is an option on the UK 1st edition, but not on the Irish one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Seeing loads of them on the roads now. Saw a taxi one yesterday.
    Black one drove past this morning and it looks very smart.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I was going to go Manganese grey if I went for one but my dealer just informed me now he thinks they only have white or blue :(
    I'm collecting a grey tomorrow. To be honest, I saw one in the flesh at the dealer Saturday in 'normal' conditions - overcast and car unwashed.....and rang sales guy Monday to see if I could change to blue but it was too late as grant already gone in for the grey. It's a very dark grey - nearly black really and looked quite dull TBH. I'll get over it though (although it may mean I'll have to wash my car more then usual).
    FYI, not that it might mean much given the time between me talking to dealers and now, but from the southish area dealers, Brendan in divanes VW Kerry, and Nicola in VW Fermoy gave me the best deals. Other dealers somewhat faffed around, or just gave the list price and no interest in negotiations.
    Definite deals around now. I was offered at least €1k off list by everyone, and €2400 by two within the last couple of weeks - €41k on the nose for a 1st. Of course, earlier buyers would have had the lower VAT rate so swings and roundabouts.
    Found my first "oh that's disappointing the Irish version didn't get that and the UK version did". Seems Keyless access is an option on the UK 1st edition, but not on the Irish one.
    I could have sworn it just unlocked for me when I test drove but maybe I'm imagining it....

Correct.
    When did you collect it?
    I was up there on Monday afternoon to take a test drive in the while one.
    I actually didn't realise Nicola was dealing with the electric as I was pointed to a different sales agent.
    I would have liked to deal with her as she is extremely helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

Yep it's only on the 1st Max, no 1st Max available in the UK

I don't think the UK get the granny cable as standard, it's another GBP219 extra.

• Advertisement

When did you collect it?
    I was up there on Monday afternoon to take a test drive in the while one.
    I actually didn't realise Nicola was dealing with the electric as I was pointed to a different sales agent.
    I would have liked to deal with her as she is extremely helpful.

I didn't seek her out, she just returned a call to me. I collected (she delivered) it on Tuesday. You possibly seen my car when you were there (was awaiting the grant to come through all Monday).

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mad_iguana

Does anyone know if the ones currently arriving in dealerships are arriving with the new software updated pre-loaded, or if it has to be updated in the dealership.

mad_iguana wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the ones currently arriving in dealerships are arriving with the new software updated pre-loaded, or if it has to be updated in the dealership.

Has to be updated before collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I know the first batch needed to be updated at the dealership, they were doing that before delivering to the customer

Not sure about the latest batch

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Has to be updated before collection.

Thanks! Mine's arriving today, but the update will mean that I'll probably be collecting it tomorrow.

I know the first batch needed to be updated at the dealership, they were doing that before delivering to the customer

Not sure about the latest batch
    Thanks! Mine's arriving today, but the update will mean that I'll probably be collecting it tomorrow.

Pretty sure mine is arriving today and I was told update needed to be done. Collecting tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭gear_ie

All mine.

image.png

Congrats!

It turns out it arrived fully updated, so I'm getting it this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭gear_ie

Nice one... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

For the people getting cars delivered now, approx when did you order them? Looks to be a steady stream of them arriving now. I ordered the start of March so probably a little while to go for me yet (no real update from my dealer on status/vin either) but nice to see some arriving here at least.

• Advertisement

dave oc wrote: »
    For the people getting cars delivered now, approx when did you order them? Looks to be a steady stream of them arriving now. I ordered the start of March so probably a little while to go for me yet (no real update from my dealer on status/vin either) but nice to see some arriving here at least.

Not necessarily. I only ordered 12th March and collecting tomorrow. Depends on what the dealers have arriving and when.

I agreed on a price on the 24th March, collected it on the 30th March. I assume I got one someone pulled their deposit out of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

Ordered 9th March and delivered on the 20th. Choice of grey or blue, whichever one I didn't take would be the demo model.
    Went with the grey which is closer to black in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

Ok I might have some hope so, I'm just jealous seeing others getting theres :) best of luck to anyone picking up soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Ok I might have some hope so, I'm just jealous seeing others getting theres :) best of luck to anyone picking up soon.

The main waiting list seems to be for the 1st Max, mine still hasn't been built :(

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

I agreed on a price on the 24th March, collected it on the 30th March. I assume I got one someone pulled their deposit out of.
    cannco253 wrote: »
    Ordered 9th March and delivered on the 20th. Choice of grey or blue, whichever one I didn't take would be the demo model.
    Went with the grey which is closer to black in my opinion.
    Not necessarily. I only ordered 12th March and collecting tomorrow. Depends on what the dealers have arriving and when.

Ordered October, when it arrived in country 2+ weeks ago was told it needed to be updated before it could be sent out, then delay getting it registered, still do not have it, and others ordered last week well after mine was delivered to the garage and have already received theirs :eek: :confused:

Ow well , good luck to you all and to all new owners, from what I have seen it looks like a great car and we will hopefully all enjoy future ownership once the waiting is over.

Ordered blue today, now for the long wait until August.

Ordered mine December, arrived an hour ago.

catharsis wrote: »
    Ordered October, when it arrived in country 2+ weeks ago was told it needed to be updated before it could be sent out, then delay getting it registered, still do not have it, and others ordered last week well after mine was delivered to the garage and have already received theirs :eek: :confused:

Ow well , good luck to you all and to all new owners, from what I have seen it looks like a great car and we will hopefully all enjoy future ownership once the waiting is over.

They're just saving you paying a months tax for 1 day. :p

Hope you get it soon.

• Advertisement

Ordered blue today, now for the long wait until August.

What's August? The non 1st edition ones?

Advertisement