Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Silly ID4 software. When streaming music over android auto, pressing the up arrow on the steering wheel goes back a song, pressing down goes forward a song. My intuition was the opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

catharsis wrote: »
    Ordered October, when it arrived in country 2+ weeks ago was told it needed to be updated before it could be sent out, then delay getting it registered, still do not have it, and others ordered last week well after mine was delivered to the garage and have already received theirs :eek: :confused:

Ow well , good luck to you all and to all new owners, from what I have seen it looks like a great car and we will hopefully all enjoy future ownership once the waiting is over.

Is it possible that the software attempt bricked the car? If so, they'll be waiting for a replacement part to get it going again. If so, welcome to the queue! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

• Registered Users Posts: 25 omgapuppy

Well wear to all who’s collected!
    Ordered mine in December, still waiting to collect. Apparently it’s been in Dublin for a couple of weeks now, growing impatient.

Bumped into a VW Ireland rep the other day tho, was driving a 1st Max so they exist in the country for sure. Pleasant chap to chat to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

Saw a Blue one today outside Enniscorthy. Must say in the sunshine it looked a lot better than the colour in pictures. Very impressive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

omgapuppy wrote: »
    Well wear to all who’s collected!
    Ordered mine in December, still waiting to collect. Apparently it’s been in Dublin for a couple of weeks now, growing impatient.

Bumped into a VW Ireland rep the other day tho, was driving a 1st Max so they exist in the country for sure. Pleasant chap to chat to.

I think Frank Keane VW in Dublin have a Max, been meaning to ring them to see if I can get a test drive

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ConorF

Picked up our blue 1st today. Kids loving the roomy interior and it really is nice to drive. It did a quick OTA update when I connected it to the We Charge app on my phone. Watching the granny cable very slowly adding some juice now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,083 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ConorF wrote: »
    Picked up our blue 1st today. Kids loving the roomy interior and it really is nice to drive. It did a quick OTA update when I connected it to the We Charge app on my phone. Watching the granny cable very slowly adding some juice now.

That OTA update was probably the digital manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,550 ✭✭✭✭vectra

What's August? The non 1st edition ones?

That's my date to change cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Set insurance to switch over tomorrow morning before collection. No extra cost - nice one! Thought it would be a bit more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭CBD2

Clloected white 1st today. Ordered November. Really impressed with it. Pity no keyless entry. Two ev household now with 2017 Ioniq from new.

vectra wrote: »
    That's my date to change cars.

Won't be a first so, no? You go for the tech package for the lumbar support?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,550 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Won't be a first so, no? You go for the tech package for the lumbar support?

It will be 1st,
    Booked one today and paid a holding deposit.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Summer8181

eagerv wrote: »
    Saw a Blue one today outside Enniscorthy. Must say in the sunshine it looked a lot better than the colour in pictures. Very impressive.

Blue looks good when clean and sun shining on it. When it's rain and dull outside, it looks a different colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

Will be interesting to see the final sales figures for the month, looking good.

Best of luck to all those here.

Went for a quick spin there and got Amber warning triangle saying "electric motor not working correctly, return to workshop" Car was still driving fine with full power. Turned off ignition and locked car and restarted it and no sign of it when I took it for a drive again. Hope it was just a glitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,083 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

CBD2 wrote: »
    Went for a quick spin there and got Amber warning triangle saying "electric motor not working correctly, return to workshop" Car was still driving fine with full power. Turned off ignition and locked car and restarted it and no sign of it when I took it for a drive again. Hope it was just a glitch.

Did they update the software on the car? That was a warning I got a few times on the ID3 but only had it once since I got 2.0. car always worked fine when I got it though.

I was told it had been updated but never checked. I'll check tomorrow. Thanks for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

Is it possible that the software attempt bricked the car? If so, they'll be waiting for a replacement part to get it going again. If so, welcome to the queue! :P

I did get told about one of the ECUs showing a problem, but they never told me it was replaced, just a little vague on the details, that may indeed have been the reason for the delay.... (you might PM me which garage just so we can see is there a trend ? )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭boccy23

Bjorn's range tests were very interesting. ~450KMs @ 93KM/Hr. ~300KMs @ High Speed.

• Advertisement

boccy23 wrote: »
    Bjorn's range tests were very interesting. ~450KMs @ 93KM/Hr. ~300KMs @ High Speed.

Sounds about right, 300kms at 120km/hr was a bit more than I was expecting actually, but I think he had pretty good weather

That's enough range to do Dublin-Cork without a recharge, although you'd want to be very sure about having a charger when you arrive. Personally I'd be stopping anyway to stretch my legs so I'd probably pop into Cashel and give the car 15 mins at Ionity while I grab some coffee

Sounds about right, 300kms at 120km/hr was a bit more than I was expecting actually, but I think he had pretty good weather

That's enough range to do Dublin-Cork without a recharge, although you'd want to be very sure about having a charger when you arrive. Personally I'd be stopping anyway to stretch my legs so I'd probably pop into Cashel and give the car 15 mins at Ionity while I grab some coffee

Dry @ 9C. Not bad weather really. Rain would hit ya hard, and throw some wind in too. :eek:

Dry @ 9C. Not bad weather really. Rain would hit ya hard, and throw some wind in too. :eek:

A good Irish summers day :D

548874.jpg

All mine! Came updated from factory. 3 phase cable. And Pirelli tyres, which I've not seen anyone mention yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭boccy23

548874.jpg

All mine! Came updated from factory. 3 phase cable. And Pirelli tyres, which I've not seen anyone mention yet.

Well wear!

Is that the Black or Manganese Grey?

boccy23 wrote: »
    Well wear!

Is that the Black or Manganese Grey?

Manganese Grey......which is pretty close to black really.

548874.jpg

Forge hill?

The only Manganese grey one I seen as on Hankooks IIRC. Twas my 2nd choice of colour, looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

You have the same issue in most EVs nowadays. 300km range on the motorway seems to be the current range of most EVs. You can get to cork but you can charge faster on the motorway (Ionity, Tesla, Ecars all offering 150kW+ vs only 50kW available in cork) , therefore generally it's best to top up on route.

Forge hill?

The only Manganese grey one I seen as on Hankooks IIRC. Twas my 2nd choice of colour, looks great.

Aye, Forge Hill. Yeah, have only seen Bridgestones and Hankooks mentioned previously, never Pirelli.

• Advertisement

ELM327 wrote: »
    You have the same issue in most EVs nowadays. 300km range on the motorway seems to be the current range of most EVs. You can get to cork but you can charge faster on the motorway (Ionity, Tesla, Ecars all offering 150kW+ vs only 50kW available in cork) , therefore generally it's best to top up on route.

Ecars have said Cork will be getting a hub. No idea where, or when, but it should mean at least 150kW unit in Cork at some stage... this year?
    Aye, Forge Hill. Yeah, have only seen Bridgestones and Hankooks mentioned previously, never Pirelli.

See you around so. :cool:

Advertisement