Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Chaps anyone who has bought a 1st on pcp could you let me know what the gmfv is if you don’t mind, thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Chaps anyone who has bought a 1st on pcp could you let me know what the gmfv is if you don’t mind, thanks in advance

About 19k, which is pretty saucy if you want a bit of equity down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,083 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Did ye get 2.9% after? It's down as 3.9% now on the website.

That's the stick to make you change to another in 3 years :D

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Did ye get 2.9% after? It's down as 3.9% now on the website.

Yes, it's 2.9% on the 1st models. Series models are 3.9, 4.9 and 5.9%, from high to low spec.

Forge Hill said all their 1sts are gone, but there's still a couple rattling around other Blackwater Motors dealerships (which they can pull up too), and presumably elsewhere too. All should be 2.9% still AFAIK.

• Advertisement

Thanks PM not too bad keeps the monthlies down and you can always put a few quid aside each month to boost the pot for 3 years time, will be very interesting to see what they are worth in 3yrs, you would hope with the move to EVs there will be a demand for 2nd hand jammers, have an itch to change the car trying to decide between a cupra ateca or the id4

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

That's the stick to make you change to another in 3 years :D
    If the GFMV was lower then it would be a better reason to change, more "equity".
    A high GFMV means less/no equity and thus more likely to keep the car as you dont want to find another deposit to go again.

ELM327 wrote: »
    If the GFMV was lower then it would be a better reason to change, more "equity".
    A high GFMV means less/no equity and thus more likely to keep the car as you dont want to find another deposit to go again.

You would assume vw are expecting a value of mid to high 20s on it, as you rightly point out lack of equity will stifle sales in 2024

Thanks PM not too bad keeps the monthlies down and you can always put a few quid aside each month to boost the pot for 3 years time, will be very interesting to see what they are worth in 3yrs, you would hope with the move to EVs there will be a demand for 2nd hand jammers, have an itch to change the car trying to decide between a cupra ateca or the id4

Yeah, I actually asked about paying more per month to get a lower GMFV but no can do. I do think however that there's every chance this could be the 'breakthrough' EV and that they will be in big demand second hand down the line, so may be positive on the equity front in a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

Finally got my new ID.4.

Did anyone who's received one get the '1st pack' with the socks, we-connect charge card etc?
    The we connect or we-charge (or whatever it's called) is presumably significant to get the reduced rate Ionity charging?

(also does anyone know whether there is any check to ensure that the card or app is being used by an ID.4?) - it occurs to me that an expensive months subscription to get the cheaper rate might make more sense if shared between a multi-EV household or even across a few cars within a company - not that I would condone such behaviour of course ;-) )

BTW, just as a datapoint, car was delivered on Bridgestone Turanza's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

The packs were for ID.3s, nothing came with my ID.4

You have to apply for the We Charge card yourself, done through the app once it's set up.
    App allows you to see the charging sessions and block the card if lost or stolen.
    The card is linked to the car VIN, not sure if the handshake is sophisticated enough at the moment to know that the car being charged is the same car though

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭gear_ie

cannco253 wrote: »
    The packs were for ID.3s, nothing came with my ID.4

And here was me looking forward to getting me socks... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Yeah, I actually asked about paying more per month to get a lower GMFV but no can do. I do think however that there's every chance this could be the 'breakthrough' EV and that they will be in big demand second hand down the line, so may be positive on the equity front in a few years.

I suppose one data point would be to look at the price of 3 year old Ioniqs or Konas. They seem to be holding their value reasonably well against their petrol counterparts

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Ecars have said Cork will be getting a hub. No idea where, or when, but it should mean at least 150kW unit in Cork at some stage... this year?

That'd be nice, takes it from two midpoint stops down to one stop around Cork

I suppose one data point would be to look at the price of 3 year old Ioniqs or Konas. They seem to be holding their value reasonably well against their petrol counterparts

Yeah, best equivalent would be automatic Tiguans. Just had a look and three year olds are all listing at €30k and up so ID4 may be decent for equity.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

411 ID.4 sold in March. Decent numbers, about 40% of the total EV sales in March (1046).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

411 ID.4 sold in March. Decent numbers, about 40% of the total EV sales in March (1046).

You can really see the effect of having genuine choice of EV's now taking effect.

Haven't seen any ID.4's in the wild yet, but starting to see lots of 211 ID.3's & Model 3's lately...

Going to be pandemonium on the motorways this year.....

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭PaulRyan97

March was actually the best month ever for EV sales. First time they've cracked the 100 mark I think.

You can really see the effect of having genuine choice of EV's now taking effect.

Haven't seen any ID.4's in the wild yet, but starting to see lots of 211 ID.3's & Model 3's lately...

Going to be pandemonium on the motorways this year.....

More ID.4 sold that ID.3 in 2021 now! About 730 ID.3 on irish roads. Won't be long closing that gap considering a lot of folks here still awaiting their ID.4, and the max is so far illusive to owners in Ireland, afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ConorF

Had to do an unexpected essential journey from Dublin to Limerick a day after getting our ID4. Loads of motorway range. Used just under half the battery, driving 120 on the motorway and trying all the gadgets. I’d say I could do it there and back, weather dependent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 mad_iguana

So the car arrived yesterday, manganese grey, lovely. Had a drive around Donabate yesterday evening and not long after leaving the house, saw a white ID4 going the other way, so hello if you're out there.
    Very nice car, lovely and smooth to drive. Took a short trip along the M1 (don't tell the Gardaí) and back, about 30km round trip at mixed speeds. Using about 25kWh/100km at motorway speeds and averaging 15-18kWh/100km otherwise.
    Charged this morning at the 50kW charger at the Maxol near Blake's cross. Got approx 20kWh in 25 minutes, so pretty much at the advertised speed (went from ~21% to ~46%).
    Lovely car, 10/10, would recommend.

mad_iguana wrote: »
    So the car arrived yesterday, manganese grey, lovely. Had a drive around Donabate yesterday evening and not long after leaving the house, saw a white ID4 going the other way, so hello if you're out there.
    Very nice car, lovely and smooth to drive. Took a short trip along the M1 (don't tell the Gardaí) and back, about 30km round trip at mixed speeds. Using about 25kWh/100km at motorway speeds and averaging 15-18kWh/100km otherwise.
    Charged this morning at the 50kW charger at the Maxol near Blake's cross. Got approx 20kWh in 25 minutes, so pretty much at the advertised speed (went from ~21% to ~46%).

Are we waving? Always waved at Ioniqs when I had my Ioniq... they never waved back :(

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭gear_ie

Are we waving? Always waved at Ioniqs when I had my Ioniq... they never waved back :(

I'll wave if you are ever in Louth :P

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ConorF

Tesla Model X went passed me and the driver was definitely checking out the ID4. Just sayin... 😎

Bjorn was testing the lights and having fun with the ID.4 turning circle (skip to 5:10)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ2N1rij6JM

Also one of our Dutch friends went for a spin in the good weather yesterday, mixed city and motorway driving. I was watching his consumption on the motorway stretch and he seemed to be averaging 150-160Wh/km. Seemed to be a fair amount of traffic so probably gaining some energy with regen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPk6QK0tMZQ

Also, any car that can get around narrow Amsterdam streets without doing a 5 point turn is a winner in my view :)

mad_iguana wrote: »

OT but that charger is pretty awful, shoved at the back of the service station beside the bins. It's like they're ashamed to have it there

Same with the Leaf, still waiting on one to wave back :(

One even cut me off once, bloody traitors

ConorF wrote: »
    Tesla Model X went passed me and the driver was definitely checking out the ID4. Just sayin... ��

Wondering would it fit in his boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭declan123

Have a look at this also for residual projection against the rest of the VW ICE range. Its UK focused but expect there will be no difference in Ireland, the ID.4 seems to be projecting well from a residual perspective: https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/finance-offers-and-fleet/fleet/compare-residual-values

Depreciation is always the largest cost with the new car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 mad_iguana

OT but that charger is pretty awful, shoved at the back of the service station beside the bins. It's like they're ashamed to have it there

True, but the flip side is that you seldom see people choosing to park there when there are other parking spots available.

Advertisement