Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

mad_iguana wrote: »
    True, but the flip side is that you seldom see people choosing to park there when there are other parking spots available.

True enough, handy for the drive through Supermacs as well :)

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mad_iguana

True enough, handy for the drive through Supermacs as well :)

Priorities!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭terenurebob

Ordered in October, just collected from Frank Keane Liffey Valley.

Weird sensation with no gear changes but very nice to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

OT but that charger is pretty awful, shoved at the back of the service station beside the bins. It's like they're ashamed to have it there

That was the 1st DC charger I ever used. It's location could be a little bit better alright... EV chargers should be front and centre wherever they are located. They are a great advertisement for EV driving... its no wonder petrol stations want them out of the way beside the bins....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

thats a nice colour combo

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Nice...

attachment.jpg

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭CBD2

catharsis wrote: »
    Finally got my new ID.4.

Did anyone who's received one get the '1st pack' with the socks, we-connect charge card etc?
    The we connect or we-charge (or whatever it's called) is presumably significant to get the reduced rate Ionity charging?

(also does anyone know whether there is any check to ensure that the card or app is being used by an ID.4?) - it occurs to me that an expensive months subscription to get the cheaper rate might make more sense if shared between a multi-EV household or even across a few cars within a company - not that I would condone such behaviour of course ;-) )

BTW, just as a datapoint, car was delivered on Bridgestone Turanza's

I got the pack with socks, charging cable, we charge card and flower seeds. Asked the cheeky question about the card being used for multiple cars and he said he didn't know. FK liffet Valley also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

CBD2 wrote: »
    I got the pack with socks, charging cable, we charge card and flower seeds. Asked the cheeky question about the card being used for multiple cars and he said he didn't know. FK liffet Valley also.

Do you get a special price with the ID.4 We Connect,or so many free units like we got with the ID.3.
    FWIW I charged the wifes' Ioniq today with my VW We Connect card on a ECars 50kW, no problem. Only card I had with me, she had stolen my car.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Fraggle00

All mine! Came updated from factory. 3 phase cable. And Pirelli tyres, which I've not seen anyone mention yet.

I got Bridgestone. I don't think thee's much to choose between them tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭CBD2

eagerv wrote: »
    Do you get a special price with the ID.4 We Connect,or so many free units like we got with the ID.3.
    FWIW I charged the wifes' Ioniq today with my VW We Connect card on a ECars 50kW, no problem. Only card I had with me, she had stolen my car.:)
    There's no promotional price just what's on we charge site. Three rates free plan 79c/kwh, Go plan 55c/kwh + €7.49/mth and plus plan 30c/kwh +€17.49/mth. Can't see many takers for paid plans. I'll only use ionity if I'm stuck. Over twice the price of ecars.

• Advertisement

eagerv wrote: »

It looks like VW have withdrawn any offers related to We Charge, membership costs full price now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

Fair play getting the pack. I got a cleaning kit and a bottle of wine thrown in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

There's no promotional price just what's on we charge site. Three rates free plan 79c/kwh, Go plan 55c/kwh + €7.49/mth and plus plan 30c/kwh +€17.49/mth. Can't see many takers for paid plans. I'll only use ionity if I'm stuck. Over twice the price of ecars.
    It looks like VW have withdrawn any offers related to We Charge, membership costs full price now :(

I see, the only reason I am using my VW card with ECars is to try and use up a bit more of my free allocation. And also, ahem, VW are a little bit inefficient at always charging for using other suppliers..:D. Still have €450 of my €600 credit. Hope to hell they extend the credit period..

I have my ID.3 over 6 months now and due to being an essential worker get to use my car more than many, but still only done 7.5K km. But would love to do a few long pleasure runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

cannco253 wrote: »
    Fair play getting the pack. I got a cleaning kit and a bottle of wine thrown in.

That wine would have been knocked back before I got home :D.
    Probably have had a good go at the cleaning kit too, if it had any screenwash or alcohol in it.

Mrs. K is a demon for the drink :D.

Well wear to the new ID.4 owners - never seen the EV forum so swamped with new owners!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭hold my beer

I went for the gear stick on several occasions driving mine home. I'd say that's going to last a while

I went for the gear stick on several occasions driving mine home. I'd say that's going to last a while

Just be glad there's no pedal operated parking brake like the Leaf. Going for the clutch had some fairly disastrous results until I learned my lesson :eek:

cannco253 wrote: »

Bit of an odd message handing out wine with new cars. Bit like that bank in the US that was handing out guns to anyone who opened an account :)

Reminds me of the beer bottle opener that was in my mum's old Golf. What were they thinking? Is ginger beer incredibly popular in Germany or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Bit of an odd message handing out wine with new cars.

I got a presentation box of fancy enough wine when I collected a new 1200cc bike from BMW :eek:.
    Luckily it was a big touring bike so I had plenty of room for it.

Hyundai gave me an umbrella when I collected the Ioniq............maybe some subliminal message........

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭TheBigEvil

Picked mine up today, delighted with it. Absolutely fab drive, and still cant get over how big the car is, and so much space inside.

One thing though, has anyone got the "We Connect" to connect in the car? It keeps failing to connect for me and Ive tried a boat load of times. Even connected the car to my wi-fi in the house to see if it was just a mobile data issue, but nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

TheBigEvil wrote: »
    Picked mine up today, delighted with it. Absolutely fab drive, and still cant get over how big the car is, and so much space inside.

One thing though, has anyone got the "We Connect" to connect in the car? It keeps failing to connect for me and Ive tried a boat load of times. Even connected the car to my wi-fi in the house to see if it was just a mobile data issue, but nothing
    Yeah wouldn't work for me either, issue was internet wasn't enabled, car was on offline mode. Got it going, but don't exactly remember how I'm afraid! I think I went Settings>Quick Configuration (or something similar) and managed to sort it there more by accident than design.

• Advertisement

Yeah wouldn't work for me either, issue was internet wasn't enabled, car was on offline mode. Got it going, but don't exactly remember how I'm afraid! I think I went Settings>Quick Configuration (or something similar) and managed to sort it there more by accident than design.

Cheers for that, I'll give that a go, make sure its online

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Yup. Keep reaching down for the gear selector (coming from an electric ioniq). Actually find having to use my right hand to change gear annoying, very much used to right hand driving, and left hand as my secondary. Now I've to use right hand for both.

TheBigEvil wrote: »
    Cheers for that, I'll give that a go, make sure its online

Have you tried turning it off and on again? :D

Saw this issue with an ID.3, basically the fix was to try again later, the servers seem to get busy sometimes and the car has trouble getting a QR code

Yup. Keep reaching down for the gear selector (coming from an electric ioniq). Actually find having to use my right hand to change gear annoying, very much used to right hand driving, and left hand as my secondary. Now I've to use right hand for both.

It's one of those things that makes more sense for continental drivers and doesn't translate well for RHD cars

Kramer wrote: »
    I got a presentation box of fancy enough wine when I collected a new 1200cc bike from BMW :eek:.
    Luckily it was a big touring bike so I had plenty of room for it.

Hyundai gave me an umbrella when I collected the Ioniq............maybe some subliminal message........

Didn't think anything of it. I got a cleaning kit with mine. Bug spray, no thanks. Wheel gel, nope. Dash spray.... Maybe? Micro fibre cloth, great! I'll use that.

It's one of those things that makes more sense for continental drivers and doesn't translate well for RHD cars

At least they moved the headlights controls to the door side on the RHD version. They didn't in the id 3 and imo it looks wrong.

Didn't think anything of it. I got a cleaning kit with mine. Bug spray, no thanks. Wheel gel, nope. Dash spray.... Maybe? Micro fibre cloth, great! I'll use that.

I'll take the wheel gel, bought some a while back and I swear it's fallen through a portal to another dimension, can't find it anywhere :)

At least they moved the headlights controls to the door side on the RHD version. They didn't in the id 3 and imo it looks wrong.

Yeah that one looks a bit odd alright

This is one of the reasons I'll be waiting for the end of my PCP before trading in for an ID. Buzz, it'll have been out a couple of years at that point and hopefully VW will have ironed out some of the nuisances in the ID.3 and 4

Have you tried turning it off and on again? :D

Saw this issue with an ID.3, basically the fix was to try again later, the servers seem to get busy sometimes and the car has trouble getting a QR code

How very dare you !!! I work in IT.... was the first thing I tried :D:D

yea, I'm hoping its something simple like that, will try a few things and see if I can get it going.

• Advertisement

I'll take the wheel gel, bought some a while back and I swear it's fallen through a portal to another dimension, can't find it anywhere :)

It'll no doubt be terrible stuff. Lots of sling from it I'm sure.

Advertisement