Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Was in the id indeed, blue. You looked like you were concentrating on the head unit as we passed. Not me on the south ring though.

Hopefully I was stopped in traffic! Not a fan of touchscreens at all - downright dangerous. Am finding the climate a little tricky to keep cool enough - I was probably fiddling with that!

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

KCross wrote: »
    It didnt work realiably either on the 2.0 (0783) software, even when it was setup correctly.

Not sure yet if the 2.1(0792) software is any better.

What reliability issues were there?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Fraggle00

The radio is a bit buggy. RTE stations are listed as DAB even though RTE has stopped DAB transmission. I selected only FM in the menu which was fine but on the next journey, DAB was back.

The nise the aircon makes is alarming. With the fans turned up full, it sounds like an overheating laptop.

Fraggle00 wrote: »
    The radio is a bit buggy. RTE stations are listed as DAB even though RTE has stopped DAB transmission. I selected only FM in the menu which was fine but on the next journey, DAB was back.

The nise the aircon makes is alarming. With the fans turned up full, it sounds like an overheating laptop.

Don't all car fans up full sound that way?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Fraggle00

My old honda didn't sound as alarming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,378 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

If I remember correctly the fans on the ID.3 sound like a jet taking off. They seem pretty effective though, should come in handy the day after a rake of pints and kebab supper

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Just saw a bit of Bjorn's 1000km livestream with the ID.4, it did it in 10:35, just 5 mins slower than the Model 3 SR+ and 45 mins off the fastest EV (Model S LR Raven)

I'd call that a great result for a family SUV especially considering all the cars that did better cost a lot more

Just saw a bit of Bjorn's 1000km livestream with the ID.4, it did it in 10:35, just 5 mins slower than the Model 3 SR+ and 45 mins off the fastest EV (Model S LR Raven)

I'd call that a great result for a family SUV especially considering all the cars that did better cost a lot more

Looking forward to seeing that one. Consumption, charging speeds, rapid/coldgating?

Looking forward to seeing that one. Consumption, charging speeds, rapid/coldgating?

I only caught the last bit, average consumption was around 251Wh/km, which seems about right for motorway speeds

I missed the charging stops but Bjorn made a comment that he wasn't getting enough time to get through the chat backlog when he was stopped. Complaining about the charging stops being to short is probably a good sign :)

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Busman Paddy Lasty

Saw one up close this morning and the friendly owners let me have a look inside and the boot too. Very very impressed with the spaciousness of it. More space and range than cars that were the same price only 18 months ago. If VW can make enough of them they'll sell big time. Well wear for anyone who got one it's a serious motor.

• Advertisement

Thinking of using the OBD2 port as a USB power supply. I've an OBD2 extender cable going spare, so I could try splice a USB port onto its 12v supply with a few resistors to bring it down to 5v to allow me to still plug in my OBD2 bt dongle, but also power my dash camera.

Late night thought, needs more research before doing anything

Thinking of using the OBD2 port as a USB power supply. I've an OBD2 extender cable going spare, so I could try splice a USB port onto its 12v supply with a few resistors to bring it down to 5v to allow me to still plug in my OBD2 bt dongle, but also power my dash camera.

Lovely bit of energy efficiency, over 50% power loss to the resistors ;)

I'd wire a 12v socket and plug a 12v to usb charger into that, probably simpler

Check the ID.3 forum, there were some folks there getting dash cams fitted and there was a debate over where to get power. There's power on the unit over the centre mirror so you could probably take it from there somehow

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

What reliability issues were there?

Depending on settings it sometimes didn’t charge.

Depending on settings it sometimes didn’t charge.

Sounds like a "feature". :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Lovely bit of energy efficiency, over 50% power loss to the resistors ;)

I'd wire a 12v socket and plug a 12v to usb charger into that, probably simpler

Check the ID.3 forum, there were some folks there getting dash cams fitted and there was a debate over where to get power. There's power on the unit over the centre mirror so you could probably take it from there somehow

No need for any splicing or any of that, pick up an OBD2 dash cam supply from AliExpress, neat job, have one in my S, no issues whatsoever....

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001142205076.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.1835418d6yQGC9&algo_pvid=151f0fc1-cb49-4101-965d-bd0225de04a7&algo_expid=151f0fc1-cb49-4101-965d-bd0225de04a7-1&btsid=0bb0624116175199815777609e74a1&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »

But I still want to plug in my OBD2 bt module. Might have to get a splitter and an OBD2 to USB adaptor. Frankenstein it up

But I still want to plug in my OBD2 bt module. Might have to get a splitter and an OBD2 to USB adaptor. Frankenstein it up

That seller sells splitters too, loads of them gizmos on AE

That seller sells splitters too, loads of them gizmos on AE

Waiting to see the 3rd party offerings for the id4.

In the mean time, I've found paint defects on 3 of my doors. Joy

You'll only find them if you go looking!

Fool I am went washing the car so I could wax it.

Didn't have to look hard to find this one

• Advertisement

Fool I am I went washing the car so I could wax it.

IMG-20210404-101952.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

Fool I am I went washing the car so I could wax it.

IMG-20210404-101952.jpg

Jesus.. what is that from

MorganIRL wrote: »
    Jesus.. what is that from

Dunno, but it is/was on 3 doors at the bottom. Gave it a good polish and came out. Was convinced it's was overspray from during painting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Dunno, but it is/was on 3 doors at the bottom. Gave it a good polish and came out. Was convinced it's was overspray from during painting

You don’t polish a car in good sunshine. It literally lifts the paint

adam88 wrote: »
    You don’t polish a car in good sunshine. It literally lifts the paint

That's why I was up bright and early doing it before the sun came around. What was polished has now been waxed, along with the rest of the car

Preheating the car at the moment. Evnotify says it's pulling just under 10kW to heat the car! Ok it won't pull that for long, but that's massive! Miss the ioniqs heat pump efficiency here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

I attempted to charge the car to 100% last night, but it only charged to 95% and then stopped. I'm still using a granny cable at the moment .. would that be the reason it stopped ?

v10 wrote: »
    I attempted to charge the car to 100% last night, but it only charged to 95% and then stopped. I'm still using a granny cable at the moment .. would that be the reason it stopped ?

Any timers configured and it just ran out of time?

Preheating the car at the moment. Evnotify says it's pulling just under 10kW to heat the car! Ok it won't pull that for long, but that's massive! Miss the ioniqs heat pump efficiency here.

Some EVs with a heat pump don’t use it for pre-heating anyway. The HP only really matters for when you are on the road.

Did the Ioniq use the HP or the PTC heater when plugged in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

Any timers configured and it just ran out of time?

No timers configured, just plugged in and set to charge to 100% (from 60%) so was due to be finished at about 9am, But it stopped at 95%, no idea why ..

Advertisement