Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

https://www.volkswagen-newsroom.com/en/quick-easy-and-convenient-charging-solutions-at-volkswagen-6599/b-volkswagens-charging-ecosystem-6601

the above is dated 11 Dec 2020 and states the following.
    For customers with an ID.3 or an ID.4, We Charge also offers exclusive price advantages for the use of the IONITY rapid charging network
    it explicitly states that ID3 AND ID4 users get access to We Charge GO at a rate of 0, and to the fatser one (We charge PRO?) for 10/month. (i.e. a 7.49/month discount on either service)

it also states in the fine print
    only for Volkwswagen ID. Models with 100 or 135 kW fast charging capability

DB2020AL01170_overfull.jpg?1605099313

• Registered Users Posts: 11,377 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I'm nearly sure that's what Bjorn said in one of his latest videos, other than that I have no idea, think it was for ionity only for some reason.

Yeah he said in the ID.4 road trip videos that VW told him it was activated. This seemed to be the case when he navigated to Alvdal which has recently had Ionity chargers installed but weren't on his maps.

Because the charger wasn't in the map, the car didn't know it was heading for a charger and didn't preheat the battery, resulting in the charging speed being slightly slower (120kW) versus the previous and subsequent charges

Not sure if it's Ionity only or will work for other chargers. Bit of a moot point with 50kW chargers but if anyone wants to try an ESB 150kW charger then it'll be an interesting data point

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

catharsis wrote: »
    it explicitly states that ID3 AND ID4 users get access to We Charge GO at a rate of 0, and to the fatser one (We charge PRO?) for 10/month. (i.e. a 7.49/month discount on either service)

So have any ID.4 owners tried setting up a We Charge plan to see if they can get the discount? Might be that it still works

I'd try myself but my ID.4 is still a pile of parts in the factory :(

EDIT: Just noticed We Charge have got a support email address, I sent them a message to ask

Just spoke to the salesman, he's going to check it with VW but suggested if I complain to customer services it might go further

If anyone else wants to send a polite and constructive request to help the cause that'd be great

mailto:vwcustomerservice@vwgi.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

The current product/pricing guide on the Irish VW site has a section for We Charge at the end, and it states 'Reduced tariffs for ID4 customers' https://www.volkswagen.ie/idhub/content/dam/onehub_pkw/importers/ie/models/product-guides/2021/march/210301_RB_ID4MY21.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

Just spoke to the salesman, he's going to check it with VW but suggested if I complain to customer services it might go further

If anyone else wants to send a polite and constructive request to help the cause that'd be great

mailto:vwcustomerservice@vwgi.ie

I've mailed them...

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Fraggle00

So have any ID.4 owners tried setting up a We Charge plan to see if they can get the discount? Might be that it still works

I'd try myself but my ID.4 is still a pile of parts in the factory :(

EDIT: Just noticed We Charge have got a support email address, I sent them a message to ask

The plans on my app are full price.

Fraggle00 wrote: »
    The plans on my app are full price.

Speaking of the app, I noticed a strange bug in the app.
    Last week, I set my car to be ready at 6:50am, or so I thought. Setting it to 6:50 on the timerset it to 7:50. In order to get 6:50, I need to set it to 5:50. My journey to work was cold and inefficient.

Got a response back from We Charge, they're unaware of any discount other than the 2000kWh for the ID.3 1st owners

They asked for the links from the German site and I've sent them along with the Irish one for comparison

Let's see what they come back with

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭WattsUp

Last week, I set my car to be ready at 6:50am, or so I thought. Setting it to 6:50 on the timerset it to 7:50. In order to get 6:50, I need to set it to 5:50. My journey to work was cold and inefficient.

Check if the car is still on Winter Time ? If not check that there are any timezone settings in the car or on the app.

• Advertisement

Check the language and region settings on your phone as well, they should be English (Ireland) to use daylight savings

Might be worth checking the car as well, if the clock is wrong then it's probably not using DST

Got a response back from We Charge, they're unaware of any discount other than the 2000kWh for the ID.3 1st owners

They asked for the links from the German site and I've sent them along with the Irish one for comparison

Let's see what they come back with

The product guide has been removed from the web, and the link above is no longer valid.

Call me paranoid but...... :-)

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

dave oc wrote: »
    The current product/pricing guide on the Irish VW site has a section for We Charge at the end, and it states 'Reduced tariffs for ID4 customers' https://www.volkswagen.ie/idhub/content/dam/onehub_pkw/importers/ie/models/product-guides/2021/march/210301_RB_ID4MY21.pdf

They're not wrong. There are reduced rates for id4 customers, you just need to pay for them.

Are folks saying VW Germany for example give reduced rates at ionity for free?

Brochure from February attached

https://file.io/8HxLtQHtEm3q

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Fingers!

https://www.volkswagen.ie/idhub/content/dam/onehub_pkw/importers/ie/models/brochures/All-new_ID.4_Brochure_Dec20.pdf
    "Use the discounted rate from We Charge at IONITY."

https://www.volkswagen.ie/en/electric-cars/charging/we-charge.html
    "Exclusive special prices for the IONITY high-speed charging network"

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Fingers!

https://www.joeduffy-volkswagen.ie/en/models/passenger-cars/id-4

From now on, you’ll have a lot less to worry about. Throughout Europe, We Charge lets you access to more than 150,000 charging points including the entire IONITY fast charging network. From as little as €0 per month, We Charge connects you with charging stations via We Connect ID. app and offers exclusive price advantages. This enables you to enjoy the price advantages of public charging with a fast-charging ID.4: for 3 years without a monthly basic charge, you can charge at a preferential price of currently 0.53 €/kWh with IONITY with our We Charge Go tariff. The We Charge Plus premium tariff can quickly pay off for frequent drivers: for currently only 0.29 €/kWh at IONITY, you can recharge electricity in the shortest possible time at a monthly basic charge of €9.73 for 3 years.

They're not wrong. There are reduced rates for id4 customers, you just need to pay for them.

Are folks saying VW Germany for example give reduced rates at ionity for free?

That is precisely what we are saying, and further that the press release discussing this explicitly covers pan-european pricing as well as germany-specific pricing, so it is not restricted to Germany only but is Europe-wide.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭terenurebob

Tool an essential journey out west today. Average was 18.2kmh/100km so that puts range at 423km.

The adaptive cruise control is very nice. Two issues though.

1.) Eastbound on the M4 where it merges with the M6, it recognises an intersection after the merge and tries to brake for a couple of seconds.

2.) When you pass the Applegreen station, it thinks it's an 80kmh zone and rapidly decelerates. Had to be quick on the accelerator to stop it.

Also, I turned off the lane assist, that got annoying on the N4 very quickly.

Lastly, the super fast Esb charger in Carrick On Shannon provided by ESB was very quick to charge, 5km/min. €0.37 per kwh on pay as you go.

Tool an essential journey out west today. Average was 18.2kmh/100km so that puts range at 423km.

1.) Eastbound on the M4 where it merges with the M6, it recognises an intersection after the merge and tries to brake for a couple of seconds.

2.) When you pass the Applegreen station, it thinks it's an 80kmh zone and rapidly decelerates. Had to be quick on the accelerator to stop it.

Lastly, the super fast Esb charger in Carrick On Shannon provided by ESB was very quick to charge, 5km/min. €0.37 per kwh on pay as you go.

That seems slow. 5km/min, 300km/hr, at 18.2kWh/100km, that'd be 54.6kW average charging speed. We're you at a high state of charge when you plugged in?

It's fine if you indicate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

Doesn't sound very fast to me. What % did you charge from , to? Often see 9km/min + with my ID.3 on Ionity.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

Are people keeping to the recommended 80% charge for the battery?

Its causing me a bit of grief because there isn't enough juice in the pack to do my weekly shpin if its cold. I have to stop in Kildare this morning to give it a blast.

Or do I just charge to 90% before i set out on that?

Are people keeping to the recommended 80% charge for the battery?

Its causing me a bit of grief because there isn't enough juice in the pack to do my weekly shpin if its cold. I have to stop in Kildare this morning to give it a blast.

Or do I just charge to 90% before i set out on that?

If you need it, charge to 100%. I wouldn't be afraid of it.
    If you're doing small mileage, charge to 80%.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

anything to keep me away from Kildare!

Fingers! wrote: »

https://www.volkswagen-newsroom.com/en/quick-easy-and-convenient-charging-solutions-at-volkswagen-6599/download

Says Zero monthly charge and 55c/kWh at ionity. For 12 months.

Edit: prices until Dec 2020

What speed ?

Does it have the travel assist ? doesn't sound like it.

What speed ?

Does it have the travel assist ? doesn't sound like it.

Average speed shows 79 kmh.

It doesn't have travel assist, I don't have the Max.

That seems slow. 5km/min, 300km/hr, at 18.2kWh/100km, that'd be 54.6kW average charging speed. We're you at a high state of charge when you plugged in?

I think it was about 50%.

I think it was about 50%.

Should of been about double that I'd say. Cold battery perhaps. Dodgy charger?

• Advertisement

https://www.volkswagen-newsroom.com/en/quick-easy-and-convenient-charging-solutions-at-volkswagen-6599/download

Says Zero monthly charge and 55c/kWh at ionity. For 12 months.

Edit: prices until Dec 2020

Yeah the German site still says that ID owners get no monthly charge for 3 years. So it should still be current

I wonder who decides the individual plans for each country. Is it the local VW company or someone in Germany

Advertisement