Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

Hi all
    I'm sure this has been asked before.
    I thought I had a deal done on a ID4 this morning and then the price suddenly jumped €675. Despite what the price list PDF dated 01.03.21 says the dealer is saying metallic paint is extra and the price list is incorrect.
    Has anyone else come across this ?

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Hi all
    I thought I had a deal done on a ID4 this morning and then the price suddenly jumped €675. Despite what the price list PDF dated 01.03.21 says the dealer is saying metallic paint is extra and the price list is incorrect.

Pull out of the deal so. Ring around, get a dealer who's not jerking you around. Metallic paint is 100% included in the list price.

Pull out of the deal so. Ring around, get a dealer who's not jerking you around. Metallic paint is 100% included in the list price.

Literally in their id4 product guide brochure.

Note: ID.4 1st Editions include Metallic paint pricing in the final RRP and thus, the ROTR price.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

Metallic is free on 1st & 1st max, but not on the mainstream models being introduced

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭hold my beer

yop wrote: »
    Android wireless is flaky at best.

The hand gesture doensn't work.

Have to say Android Auto is working brilliantly for me. I'm using it every time I'm in the car. Using a Galaxy S20.

Also, hand gesture? What's that?

• Advertisement

100% guys I fully intend to pull out of the deal.
    Despite is being on the price list they are saying it's a misprint. Shame as the deal was good.
    Back on the phone again tomorrow :)
    If it forgot to mention it was for a ID4 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

Despite is being on the price list they are saying it's a misprint. Shame as the deal was good.

Then it’s definitely free - not great from dealer

bf wrote: »
    Then it’s definitely free - not great from dealer

Michael Moore tried this with me. Saved a few thousand and went with another dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,081 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Email VW Ireland and get confirmation from them. Then go to the dealer and show them. Then pull out of the deal and let VW know what the dealer is doing. It's either a lack of training or they're pulling a fast one.

• Advertisement

Ill send an email to VW Ireland anyway but being honest I'll try tomorrow to get a deal done elsewhere.
    It's my first time buying a brand new car and I'm surprised at the lack of interest from dealers. No call backs , having to chase them for prices etc.
    Hopefully I'll have better luck tomorrow

cannco253 wrote: »

Article kinda suggests they're the same car, but the id4 is just more expensive, so buy the id3. A bit clueless really. Like saying just buy a golf, no need to buy the Tiguan. People buy the Tiguan or the id4 over a golf or id3 for its space, or at least I did. It's our primary car and the id3 wouldn't have enough space year round for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 JimmyKane

Saw six ID4s on the back of a truck making their way westbound on the N7 around Rathcoole today. First time seeing them in the flesh. Only got a brief glimpse but they looked great! Well wear to the new owners

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

Article kinda suggests they're the same car, but the id4 is just more expensive, so buy the id3. A bit clueless really. Like saying just buy a golf, no need to buy the Tiguan. People buy the Tiguan or the id4 over a golf or id3 for its space, or at least I did. It's our primary car and the id3 wouldn't have enough space year round for us.

the really crazy piece is the comments on the Times suggesting that there was no point paying the 'extra' for the !D.4 over a tiguan?

Anyone priced up a 200HP auto tiguan with 20" wheels, lane keep assist, USB-C, heated seats and wheel, folding side morrors etc.... you're quickly up well above ID4 prices for what remains a smaller car.... people seem determined not to let facts get in the way of a good prejudice, to coin a phrase.

in simplest terms, cheapest auto Tiguan is 41K, cheapest ID.4 is 35K - why do people insist that the 'extra' for EVs isn't worth it when in fact it's 6K cheaper like for like? (BTW Cheapest manual Tiguan is €33K, cheapest Diesel is more than an ID.4)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

catharsis wrote: »
    the really crazy piece is the comments on the Times suggesting that there was no point paying the 'extra' for the !D.4 over a tiguan?

Anyone priced up a 200HP auto tiguan with 20" wheels, lane keep assist, USB-C, heated seats and wheel, folding side morrors etc.... you're quickly up well above ID4 prices for what remains a smaller car.... people seem determined not to let facts get in the way of a good prejudice, to coin a phrase.

Actually had a quick look last week and, from memory, the closest equivalent to a 1st was a Tiguan 2.0 TDI (think higher output version too) Elegance auto. Not exact spec match but reasonably close......think it was ~€57k!

Actually had a quick look last week and, from memory, the closest equivalent to a 1st was a Tiguan 2.0 TDI (think higher output version too) Elegance auto. Not exact spec match but reasonably close......think it was ~€57k!

Yep, to get the large wheels, auto, ACC, etc you need to be that territory which is crazy

catharsis wrote: »
    Yep, to get the large wheels, auto, ACC, etc you need to be that territory which is crazy

Yes, it's often an apples vs oranges comparison from the 'EV critics'. Had a few folks say to me when I got my first Leaf (2015) for ~€26k - "sure, you could get a Polo for €20k"..........when a more accurate comparison would have been a DSG Golf with sat nav, heated seats etc, which would have cost ~€35k! (and not got ~200mpg).

Hi all

Hope it wasn't one of the fellas I sent you to! :o

I would say though that, in my long history of dealing with car salesmen, never underestimate just how useless some of them are - they may just genuinely believe you have to pay it. In my experience, if you know what's in the brochure, you often know a hell of a lot more than than the guy selling it to you.

further update - VW Germany site has the following content about We Connect GO

The Volkswagen Group Charging GmbH (Elli) offers buyers quickly loadable ID. models (depending on equipment from 100kW charging power) when signing a contract up to and including 30.06.2022 reduced the We charge Go tariff with no monthly fee and the We Charge Plus tariff for 9.99 € monthly for a maximum of 3 consecutive years. The tariffs mentioned each have a contract term of 12 months and can be extended by two additional terms of 12 months each.

and comparing German site to Irish site
    German site
    Basic fee: € 0/ Month (for ID models that can be charged quickly)
    € 7.49 / month (for ID models that cannot be charged quickly)
    ID. Family | 12 month contract period

Irish site
    Basic fee: €7.4969 per month
    ID. Family | 12 month contract period

• Registered Users Posts: 11,375 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

So an update on the We Charge saga, the We Charge customer service team got back and said basically that it's up to each individual country's marketing team to decide what promotions they'll do

They gave me the contact details for the Irish customer service team and to no surprise it's the VW Ireland customer service email I got earlier (printed below for reference)

vwcustomer.service@volkswagen.ie

So at least we know who's in charge and it's basically VW Ireland that we have to convince to give the same promotion as they're getting in Germany

I'm still waiting on a response from my email yesterday and I'll probably send them another message tomorrow if I don't get anything

Also if anyone here is on the ID First movers Facebook group it might be worth bringing it up there, could get a bit more visibility?

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement

So an update on the We Charge saga, the We Charge customer service team got back and said basically that it's up to each individual country's marketing team to decide what promotions they'll do

They gave me the contact details for the Irish customer service team and to no surprise it's the VW Ireland customer service email I got earlier (printed below for reference)

vwcustomer.service@volkswagen.ie

So at least we know who's in charge and it's basically VW Ireland that we have to convince to give the same promotion as they're getting in Germany

I'm still waiting on a response from my email yesterday and I'll probably send them another message tomorrow if I don't get anything

Also if anyone here is on the ID First movers Facebook group it might be worth bringing it up there, could get a bit more visibility?

Anyone who is planning to email VW about this and has purchased from Joe Duffy should probably gather screenshots of the Joe Duffy website which still shows this offer. I think you have a near-guaranteed win in small claims court if you wished to go that way....

Tesla have just been through an almost-identical issue in terms of removing the promised free data for life and starting to charge $10/month, they unwound that decision for those users who had purchased before the terms and conditions changed.

Hope it wasn't one of the fellas I sent you to! :o

I would say though that, in my long history of dealing with car salesmen, never underestimate just how useless some of them are - they may just genuinely believe you have to pay it. In my experience, if you know what's in the brochure, you often know a hell of a lot more than than the guy selling it to you.

The 2 guys you sent me on were actually the most helpful of all but unfortunately both of them have no more left. So thank you for that!
    I'll get back on the phone this morning and ring around again!

Does the wecharge card work as esb chargepoints? Or am I better off registering with esb

• Registered Users Posts: 11,375 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Does the wecharge card work as esb chargepoints? Or am I better off registering with esb

It does work but the rate is more than the ESB rates. You have to put up €20 credit with ESB for the PAYG account however, so if you're only going to fast charge once in a while then the cost difference is pretty negligible

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Wait, did people get a WeCharge card? Not that I want one, with the rates being bad across the board, but if there's any joy with those ionity rates i'd use it... super rarely.

It does work but the rate is more than the ESB rates. You have to put up €20 credit with ESB for the PAYG account however, so if you're only going to fast charge once in a while then the cost difference is pretty negligible

There seems to be a 'One-time extra charging fee' of 0.30 per charging session when you use WeCharge at the ESB charger close to me. Is there something similar with ESB's PAYG?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

There seems to be a 'One-time extra charging fee' of 0.30 per charging session when you use WeCharge at the ESB charger close to me. Is there something similar with ESB's PAYG?

Nope! I think the we charge card is fairly pointless in Ireland unless you do a lot of ionity fast charging. I don't plan to get one unless there's an incentive to from VW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

I signed up for the card, got it in the post last week. Did anyone get it in the welcome pack?

Still no reply from VW customer service to my email on the Ionity rates. The dealer website I got the car from shows the reduced rates (still there this morning).

I've also noticed I can't upgrade my plan when I'm on the app, I signed up for the basic free option. There's an "Upgrade options" button below the current plan, but when you click on it it doesn't show any upgrade options.

The app really needs a comprehensive update. Does anyone know how frequently the We Connect app was updated in the past?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

Probably a simple answer to this but if the car is charging at an AC charge point, does anyone know how long the AC cable connected to the car remains unlocked for once you return to the car and unlock the car?

Just had a call from my wife at Dunnes saying she couldn't get the cable out of the car, all sorted now...

I think I read somewhere that when you unlock the car the cable is unlocked for 10 or 15 seconds and if it isn't taken out it locks again but can't be sure.

Our Leaf has a physical lock/unlock button so it's obvious what the status is, with the ID.4 it can be a bit confusing for some users until they get used to it.

• Advertisement

cannco253 wrote: »
    I signed up for the card, got it in the post last week. Did anyone get it in the welcome pack?

Still no reply from VW customer service to my email on the Ionity rates. The dealer website I got the car from shows the reduced rates (still there this morning).

I've also noticed I can't upgrade my plan when I'm on the app, I signed up for the basic free option. There's an "Upgrade options" button below the current plan, but when you click on it it doesn't show any upgrade options.

The app really needs a comprehensive update. Does anyone know how frequently the We Connect app was updated in the past?

I got mine in the Welcome pack

Advertisement