Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

I got mine in the Welcome pack

Likewise

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

I got mine in the Welcome pack
    bf wrote: »
    Likewise
    That's two people who got a welcome pack then!!! - most indicated that they did not... one other person got the pack when getting delivery from Frank Keane Liffey Valley

any commonality of dealers here I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭terenurebob

catharsis wrote: »
    That's two people who got a welcome pack then!!! - most indicated that they did not... one other person got the pack when getting delivery from Frank Keane Liffey Valley

I didn't get a welcome pack from Frank Keane Liffey Valley but the salesman did tell me after I collected that he had something for me if I was going by. I'll be there tomorrow so I'll post up what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭jp101

I didn't get a welcome pack from Frank Keane Liffey Valley but the salesman did tell me after I collected that he had something for me if I was going by. I'll be there tomorrow so I'll post up what happens.

I got one but my understanding is that these are leftovers from the ID3.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭declan123

I got one also, pretty sure there was a sticker on the surrounding plastic it that said ID.4 welcome back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

Anything good in the welcome pack? I got wine and a car cleaning kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

catharsis wrote: »

I got one too (socks and all !) but I believe it was more a case of whether the dealer had stock of these packs, I doubt they actually came with the car.

I just checked VW site, HP is 4.9% and PCP is 5.9% ? that seems very high from VW ?

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Home charging for the first time tonight. As soon as I plugged in the relay flipped in the charger. Quite confused, but it was the "start climate control on unlock" setting heating the car from the mains, rather than the battery. Nice to know that's how it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,375 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I just checked VW site, HP is 4.9% and PCP is 5.9% ? that seems very high from VW ?

The 1st was 2.9% on PCP, I think the PCP rate goes down for the higher trims

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement

Just got told my ID.4 is in production :)

Still no VIN, so I'm guessing they haven't actually built anything yet but it's progressing at least

Just got told my ID.4 is in production :)

Still no VIN, so I'm guessing they haven't actually built anything yet but it's progressing at least

Is it a 1st or a 1st max? Seems mad to think you probably ordered it months ago, yet people, such as myself, are walking in putting money on the car and driving away a few days later.

Is it a 1st or a 1st max? Seems mad to think you probably ordered it months ago, yet people, such as myself, are walking in putting money on the car and driving away a few days later.

Which one did you get again ?

I wonder have they much 1st editions left ?

Such a pain in the arse you can't get test drives of anything.

1st Max, they seem to be taking longer, I guess there might be parts shortages for some of the components

Yeah I'm not bitter at all about all the people who've gotten their cars already ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,081 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Not sure if they've any 1sts left but Wexford VW were allowing test drives.

There's always the dealership models, there'll be a few bargains this time next year I'd say

Which one did you get again ?

Just the 1st. Delighted I did. Max was way out of budget and the series models coming are less value for money than the 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭hold my beer

I'm really really loving the ID4. Had to drive around Dublin for about 2 hours in total today and it was a joy. The car is so smooth and consistent. It's really astonishing when you think about it weighing over 2 tons. Personally I much prefer driving in B, as it pretty much allows single foot driving. Entertainment system is class, so too the heated seats, wireless Android and the lighting in general. It's really annoying they didn't include wireless charging and keyless entry. I'd probably pay a one off fee to unlock them if it was available.

Should we be running the battery down to any point before charging? It's telling me to do it now, with a remaining range of about 120

Should we be running the battery down to any point before charging? It's telling me to do it now, with a remaining range of about 120

I wouldn't worry about it, just don't leave it sitting at 100% all day every day or below 10% and it should be fine, don't be the type that charges to 100% drives 5 kms to the shop and back and plug it back in the have it at 100% again, that's not good long term.

When you need full charge use it and don't be worried about it.

• Advertisement

As I recall the recommendation is to keep the battery between 20% and 80%

How often you charge within that is really up to you. Probably best to leave it a few days between charges

At the moment I'm charging the Leaf one a week, reckon it'll be once a month with the ID.4 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

As I recall the recommendation is to keep the battery between 20% and 80%

I guess unless you're concerned about how it performs after 8 years there's nothing to worry about right ? .. genuine question, I mean I'll probably keep this car for 5 years at most, so I suppose I can charge it however I want as the warranty on the battery is for 8 years ?

Home charging for the first time tonight. As soon as I plugged in the relay flipped in the charger. Quite confused, but it was the "start climate control on unlock" setting heating the car from the mains, rather than the battery. Nice to know that's how it works.

This did not go well.

Charged for 20 minutes then stopped. I'll investigate when I get up.

This did not go well.

Charged for 20 minutes then stopped. I'll investigate when I get up.

Opened the car, sat in, and it started charging again. 30 minutes later it stopped. Went out, unlocked the car, unplugged and plugged in the car, charging again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

What charger do you have? I've a zappi v2 and have no problems, but some people are reporting issues with timed charging and eco settings that are still unresolved

https://myenergi.info/vw-ev-s-and-eco-t2447.html

cannco253 wrote: »
    What charger do you have? I've a zappi v2 and have no problems, but some people are reporting issues with timed charging and eco settings that are still unresolved

https://myenergi.info/vw-ev-s-and-eco-t2447.html

Do you control the timing via the zappi so?

I just have a dumb Rolec charger. Worked flawlessly for 2 years on my old car. Charging worked fine for me at Lidl the other day, so I do suspect it's the location based scheduled Home charging

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Do you control the timing via the zappi so?

I just have a dumb Rolec charger. Worked flawlessly for 2 years on my old car. Charging worked fine for me at Lidl the other day, so I do suspect it's the location based scheduled Home charging

That's probably what it is alright. It seems to be a huge problem Europe wide. VW are aware, as Dr. Chris from Myenergi has been trying to sort out problems with the ID.3 and Zappi. VW are sticking to the line "not our problem" but it clearly is as it's affecting multiple brands of charge point.

I haven't used the timer on the car or zappi. I don't have a night rate or solar yet, just plug in the car and use the Fast boost option when I need it. The last time I charged it to 80%, charging started at 8pm and finished at 3am without any problems. I'll try it tonight using the car timers to see what happens.

Is the preference to use the car to control the timing or the smart charger? Seems like both have their own issues no matter what the car or charger is. There are lots of reports of zappi's not working correctly with Tesla/Kia/Hyundai as well as VW.

I wonder if anybody here with the VW home charger is having the same problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Timers don’t work on ID.3 even after the 2.1 update

• Advertisement

Bjorn's latest video, decent results for the ID.4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwRtevTuXf0

Advertisement