Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Did you add the car to your home WiFi? Think it has to have an active data connection

• Registered Users Posts: 28,080 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Did you add the car to your home WiFi? Think it has to have an active data connection

The car has a 4G connection.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

TheBigEvil wrote: »
    Just wondering, has anyone been able to get the ID Connect app to work with pre-heating the car? Every time I try to set it, change the temperature in the car, it fails to connect when trying to update the car. Can't figure it out at all.

It was failing for me this morning (couldn't connect to the car), but it's worked a few times before no bother. This morning was the one morning I actually needed it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭TheBigEvil

But the car has a 4G sim in it, as per above post. The app is correctly showing the battery status and KM left. But anytime I go to set it to pre-heat it always fails connection.

But the car has a 4G sim in it, as per above post. The app is correctly showing the battery status and KM left. But anytime I go to set it to pre-heat it always fails connection.

Have you tried signing out of the app and back in?

• Advertisement

I plugged mine in for the first time to charge and the app keeps saying 'Error ocurred. We cannot connect to your vehicle right now. Please try again". The green light on the car is pulsing on and off, presume that means it is charging?

The app is really poor.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    The car has a 4G connection.

Is that the Cubic Telecom thing? If you didn't sign up for it, does the car still have 4G?

Is that the Cubic Telecom thing? If you didn't sign up for it, does the car still have 4G?

I didn't sign up to anything on my ID3 and I've a 4G connection icon on the screen and have no issues using the app to turn on the heating.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭TheBigEvil

Have you tried signing out of the app and back in?

Well what do you know... Just did that and was able to start the aricon via the app... cheers !!

I've tried logging out and in again but it's not recognising that I'm charging (hopefully).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,373 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I've tried logging out and in again but it's not recognising that I'm charging (hopefully).

I think pulsing green is charging, solid green is charged

There should be a sticker inside the charge port cover with the different light patterns and their meaning

As for the app, if signing back in doesn't work then maybe try pairing the car to your VW account again?

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

I think pulsing green is charging, solid green is charged

There should be a sticker inside the charge port cover with the different light patterns and their meaning

As for the app, if signing back in doesn't work then maybe try pairing the car to your VW account again?

Thought solid green was charging.

How would I do that?

I went out and looked and the sticker says pulsing is charging. Solid green is charged.

How would I do that?

Not sure but I'm guessing you need to repeat what you did the first time to generate the QR code on the infotainment system and scan it with your phone

The id4 isn't the quickest off they line, it's a big heavy suv at the end of the day, but it's no slouch.

Lights today I seen some audi, I think a TT, beside me and could feel he wanted to beat me off the line (2 lanes merge into 1 in a few hundred metres). No joy though, id4 blew him away. Pretty sure the gear change was what swung it.

BMW 440i had me the other day though. Wasn't much in it (in sure the car would have no bother) and he was creeping at the lights when they changed green, but still fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

Bjorn nails it with his infotainment review, nothing really that VW can't fix with later updates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6dcmRFd55o

cannco253 wrote: »
    Bjorn nails it with his infotainment review, nothing really that VW can't fix with later updates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6dcmRFd55o

Hopefully "later" isn't too long away. Sure the UX can be a bit all over the place, but it doesn't functionally break things. Preheating being a timer is a bit silly, but it does what it needs to do. The app is slow, but again, it does what it needs to do... Eventually. Scheduled charging on the other hand, doesn't work in my and others experience.

Be nice if VW had some public facing list of bugs they're aware of and working on. Doubtful though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

BMW 440i had me the other day though. Wasn't much in it (in sure the car would have no bother) and he was creeping at the lights when they changed green, but still fun.

I have a similar powered BMW (and iD4) .. there is no comparison, the iD4 wouldn't come close, I'm sure it was fun but I assume the 440 driver wasn't trying !

Be nice if VW had some public facing list of bugs they're aware of and working on. Doubtful though

It'd be nice but that's more of a software company mentality, not sure if automakers are that willing to admit their products aren't perfect

• Advertisement

v10 wrote: »
    I have a similar powered BMW (and iD4) .. there is no comparison, the iD4 wouldn't come close, I'm sure it was fun but I assume the 440 driver wasn't trying !

That'll be my excuse for buying a Taycan :D

Right after I win the lottery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

That'll be my excuse for buying a Taycan :D

Right after I win the lottery

Now that would be proper fun :)

v10 wrote: »

The noise from his exhaust suggested he was. He did look like a moron though. Overstretched tyres on the car, baseball cap. Ugh.

Don't get me wrong, the BMW had me no bother, but it wasn't as much a walkover as I expected. Very short 2 lanes though, so it was the best chance the id4 was going to get (quickest at early acceleration).

It'd be nice but that's more of a software company mentality, not sure if automakers are that willing to admit their products aren't perfect

I've more respect for those that admit fallacy than those who pretend to be perfect.

Another charging update. Scheduled between 1am and 7am. Departure at 7.45 (though I don't think this has anything to do with charging). SOC was 83%, charging to 100%

Nothing happen at 1am, but at 5.30 it started pulling about 4kW and at about 5.50 it start pulling the full 7kW, at about 6.30am it dropped that slightly to maybe 6kW, until it ended at 7am. Final SOC this morning is 96%.

So maybe the car tried to have it fully charged at departure time, but that was outside the scheduled time so it couldn't? Bad system though. Charge time and departure time don't need to be related. We'll see does it preheat at 7.45...

Another charging update. Scheduled between 1am and 7am. Departure at 7.45 (though I don't think this has anything to do with charging). SOC was 83%, charging to 100%

Nothing happen at 1am, but at 5.30 it started pulling about 4kW and at about 5.50 it start pulling the full 7kW, at about 6.30am it dropped that slightly to maybe 6kW, until it ended at 7am. Final SOC this morning is 96%.

So maybe the car tried to have it fully charged at departure time, but that was outside the scheduled time so it couldn't? Bad system though. Charge time and departure time don't need to be related. We'll see does it preheat at 7.45...

Preheating away now... And charging!? Weird. It shouldn't be charging IMO. It's outside it's charging schedule.

Preheating away now... And charging!? Weird. It shouldn't be charging IMO. It's outside it's charging schedule.

It's taking charge to preheat the car.

It's taking charge to preheat the car.

Why do you assume that? How could it be charging and preheating if it was talking from the battery to preheat.

In still plugged in, and it's taking power from the grid to preheat, and also taking power from the grid to charge. Taking power to preheat if fine, I expect that, but charging outside of the schedule is not what I expected, or wanted

Why do you assume that? How could it be charging and preheating if it was talking from the battery to preheat.

In still plugged in, and it's taking power from the grid to preheat, and also taking power from the grid to charge. Taking power to preheat if fine, I expect that, but charging outside of the schedule is not what I expected, or wanted

If I have my ID3 plugged in and turn on the heat in the car before I leave the house the car shows as it's charging in the app and the green light flashes on the car to indicating it's charging.

It's also most likely preheating the battery before you leave and using the grid to do that.

• Advertisement

If I have my ID3 plugged in and turn on the heat in the car before I leave the house the car shows as it's charging in the app and the green light flashes on the car to indicating it's charging.

It's also most likely preheating the battery before you leave and using the grid to do that.

Oh mine added 3% battery during the "preheating". App even said adding 10km/hr or something like that.

Advertisement