Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Does anyone know if the brake lights come on when you are slowing down using regenerative braking in one pedal driving? I am presuming they do.

I think by law a certainly level of braking/deceleration requires the brake light to turn on. I'm just not sure if B mode triggers the level of deceleration required. Similar how a petrol/diesel car will slow down due to engine braking, but that doesn't trigger the brake lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭gear_ie

Down South wrote: »
    Early December I think

We ordered ours in mid-Dec... heard from the dealer that it went through the paint shop last Thursday. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

I just updated the We Connect ID app to 1.13 on ios.

Now when I click on the Ionity plan I can see the upgrade options....but they are still wrong.

We Charge Go EUR7.49 per month and 0.55 Eur/kWh
    We Charge Plus EUR17.49 per month and 0.30EUr/kWh

No response from VW customer service on this following my email last week, I rang my dealer yesterday and he said he would investigate...

cannco253 wrote: »

Now when I click on the Ionity plan I can see the upgrade options....but they are still wrong.

No response from VW customer service on this following my email last week, I rang my dealer yesterday and he said he would investigate...

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,373 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I got no response either, I assume we're being ignored :mad:

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement

Just got this email back from VW customer service...gonna give them a call now

Dear xyz,

Thank you for contacting Volkswagen Customer Care.

Please accept our apologies that you did not receive a response to your original email, we had experienced some technical issues with our email server.

In regards to your email, unfortunately We Charge is handled directly by the We Charge team. You can find contact information for them below.

· 00800 433 47328 (free from all Irish Networks), if your telephone provider does not support this number, please dial 01 653 3522.

· Wecharge-support@volkswagen.de

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any further queries.

A helpful VW advisor (based in Greece) assigned a case number for my query, let's see where this goes.....

There was a bit of confusion on his side over whether I was a first mover or not given the car is described as an ID.4 First, but that was only for the early ID.3 owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 davemccann

Hi, I emailed VW and got a reply telling me We Connect is managed through Germany and they gave me a link to email.

davemccann wrote: »
    Hi, I emailed VW and got a reply telling me We Connect is managed through Germany and they gave me a link to email.

Me too, I reckon that chap just mass emailed everyone

The problem is I already emailed We Charge and they said it's up to VW Ireland to solve

Definitely getting the run around here :(

Anyone notice that when you connect to car play with an iphone and open google maps, the turn by turn instructions don't appear on the driver cockpit screen. Apple maps displays the directions no problem, as does Plugshare. ABRP is premium on car play so I can't try it as I don't have premium.

Is this a common 'feature' with car play/ios and google maps as I haven't had car play before?

• Advertisement

I also noticed last night that when you are in reverse and the infotainment screen shows the split screen parking camera and parking sensor view, you can slide the view to make either side take up the whole screen. I haven't seen this mentioned on any videos I've seen of the car, and it's only vaguely described in the manual.

Might be useful for someone....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭hold my beer

The send location to vehicle from the map in the app just won't work for me at all

The send location to vehicle from the map in the app just won't work for me at all

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

Thank you for contacting Volkswagen Digital Services.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience and miscommunication that has occurred in this case, but rest assured that we will do our best to assist on the matter.

As you have mentioned on the email, you are a first mover. If this is not the case, then please correct us accordingly.

If you have received a We Charge card with your car (either from dealership, or ordered one), then please keep in mind that the card needs to be activated and after you can select the charging plan.

We Charge card applies for Charging at home, if you have an ID wallbox or Charging in public. With the We Charge card you can charge for only 0,30€/kWh up to 2000 kWh at IONITY stations. Of course you can also use your charging credit at other charge point operators, where the charging can be more expensive. We ask for your understanding, that in this case the charging credit over 600€ can result in less than 2000 kWh.

The plans displayed in the screenshots relate to the We Charge card. For example: the We Charge Free plan as a plan is beneficial if you charge at home or work and use your Volkswagen frequently for short trips. The benefit: all e-models and/or hybrid models use the public charging network without monthly fixed costs and recharge ultra-fast at IONITY high-speed charging stations across Europe.

Please, keep in mind that the price for charging may differ from country to country based on its legally added VAT. In each country the regulations for charging stations vary, and thus may affect the price.

In addition, with the We Charge card you will be shown the charging costs before each charging session. When you use We Charge, you receive a monthly bill for your charging sessions from us. Payment is taken using your preferred payment method. The specific prices depend on our negotiations with charge point operators. The aim is to negotiate the best possible terms for our customers.

Kindly note that the prices may change at any time based on country's regulations and other impacting factors. Unfortunately, this cannot be controlled or prevented in any way.

Furthermore, regarding your battery please keep in mind that the displayed range depends on parameters such as the ambient temperature, the driving behaviour of the owner of the car, and weather conditions. Thus, that can be below the standard range.

We hope this information has been helpful and any further inquiries you may have, please do not hesitate to contact us or reply to this email.

For any further digital services related inquiries, please know that you may reply to this e-mail or call us on our direct line 1800-930066 (around the clock, 7 days a week). We kindly ask, that you indicate your reference number 0000703699 for a quick follow-up.

We wish you always safe and pleasant journeys with your favourite Volkswagen ID.4!

Yours faithfully,
    Your Digital Service Team
    FYI I never mentioned being a first mover in my message.

My query was very specific and included screenshots from the app of a proposed charge of €7.49, asking why I was being charged that as an ID.4 1st owner?

catharsis wrote: »

My query was very specific and included screenshots from the app of a proposed charge of €7.49, asking why I was being charged that as an ID.4 1st owner?

Is the TL;DR, they suggest you should get reduced rates without the monthly subscription, but didn't address why you don't get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

catharsis wrote: »

So what rates should we be getting as iD4 owners ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,080 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

When ye go into your app and go to plan overview what shows up there? Did ye have to pick a plan?

Trying a different track, just spoke to Ionity about this. Has anyone heard of has-to-be before? I was told Ionity don't have an accounting department and use has-to-be to manage their operations and deal with VW, and I should email support@has-to-be.com to see if they can provide any information from their side.

VW calculates any discounts due to Ionity We Charge users at the end of each month and deducts them from the price, which is what the user then sees.

I was also told that the ID.4 is not on the Ionity internal system yet and they have no statistics for it. They need data from 5,000 car charging sessions before they can build a picture of what charging speed the car is capable of on Ionity and the issues users are having. They look at the first 20% and last 20% charge to understand the time it would take to charge the car.

Also had some generic comments about not letting the battery charge go lower then 20%, how temperatures below 7 degrees effect the charging speed and to drive the car for at least 30 minutes before charging to heat up the battery, I'm sure anyone who calls them gets told the same.....

TitianGerm wrote: »
    When ye go into your app and go to plan overview what shows up there? Did ye have to pick a plan?

yep I selected the free plan. Once you do the upgrade options button will appear and show the prices that are not in line with the VW Ireland websites

on free plan, upgrade options are €7.49 and €17.49 per month ..

550118.jpeg

• Advertisement

yep I selected the free plan. Once you do the upgrade options button will appear and show the prices that are not in line with the VW Ireland websites

Have you a link to where the rates are on VW site ?

Dealer sites - joeduffy as an example

https://www.joeduffy-volkswagen.ie/en/models/passenger-cars/id-4
    go to the "charging on the go with We Charge" section

Charging on the go with We Charge
    Charging made easy

From now on, you’ll have a lot less to worry about. Throughout Europe, We Charge lets you access to more than 150,000 charging points including the entire IONITY fast charging network. From as little as €0 per month, We Charge connects you with charging stations via We Connect ID. app and offers exclusive price advantages. This enables you to enjoy the price advantages of public charging with a fast-charging ID.4: for 3 years without a monthly basic charge, you can charge at a preferential price of currently 0.53 €/kWh with IONITY with our We Charge Go tariff. The We Charge Plus premium tariff can quickly pay off for frequent drivers: for currently only 0.29 €/kWh at IONITY, you can recharge electricity in the shortest possible time at a monthly basic charge of €9.73 for 3 years.

Guess you're an id3 first mover?

Screenshot-2021-04-14-10-46-28-769-com-volkswagen-weconnect.jpg

Dealer sites - joeduffy as an example

https://www.joeduffy-volkswagen.ie/en/models/passenger-cars/id-4
    go to the "charging on the go with We Charge" section

See it now, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

Also I see on the WeCharge page on Irish VW page here https://www.volkswagen.ie/en/electric-cars/charging/we-charge.html it states:

"For a monthly fee starting at as little as €0, We Charge connects you with public charging stations and offers exclusive special prices for Volkswagen ID. owners"

Maybe thats the €0.73 rate I'm seeing in some of the screenshots posted by others?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

and this from the limerick dealer's site.

PAlqX6x.png

• Registered Users Posts: 28,080 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Guess you're an id3 first mover?

Screenshot-2021-04-14-10-46-28-769-com-volkswagen-weconnect.jpg

Yup. When I registered I picked the free plan and then the next time I logged into the app I was on the top one.

No, the prices are correct to the VW Ireland website, the issue is that Irish customers are being treated differently (worse) than other countries

In the UK & Germany, and presumably other European countries, the We Charge Go plan is free for 3 years and the Plus plan is at a discount

We're not getting the same discount for some reason, and so far I'm not getting any answers from VW as to why

No, the prices are correct to the VW Ireland website, the issue is that Irish customers are being treated differently (worse) than other countries

In the UK & Germany, and presumably other European countries, the We Charge Go plan is free for 3 years and the Plus plan is at a discount

but its not correct to the VW Ireland website ?! The irish site clearly says we're entitled to the We Charge Go plan free for 3 years also ..

from here
    This enables you to enjoy the price advantages of public charging with a fast-charging ID.4: for 3 years without a monthly basic charge, you can charge at a preferential price of currently 0.53 €/kWh with IONITY with our We Charge Go tariff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭forumdedum

From what I understand the standard "life" spec doesn't seem to include a reversing camera.

Just saw that myself. I'm used to that now on my Tiguan

Advertisement