Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

catharsis wrote: »
    How did you do this - I registered on the VW website ages ago but have heard nothing back... did you deal direct with a dealer?

Yeah I spoke directly with the dealer over the phone, probably the best way to do it, they still seem pretty low tech on the sales front.

If you do speak to a dealership, I'd recommend asking if they have someone who specializes in electric vehicles. The guy I spoke with drives an egolf and does all that dealerships EV sales, so he's definitely more knowledgeable than most of the salespeople.

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

cannco253 wrote: »

I get the feeling there aren't any production models in the US at the moment, they seem to all be doing the reviews on pre production prototypes.

Having said that, so far the prototypes seem close to the production model.

I guess the reviews coming out of Germany are on the production version

• Advertisement

Some nice footage of the ID.4 in production here in the first few minutes

https://youtu.be/pn17Z_yC6FM

For anyone interested I did a comparison of the We Charge plans for Ionity charging
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=114849663#post114849663

Interesting video about the ID.4 here.

No new information about the car really but I thought the stuff about the target market was pretty interesting

Got the PCP figures from the dealership for an ID.4 1st Max:

Cash price: €56,108.00
    Deposit (max 31%): €17,194.46
    Amount financed: €38,913.54
    Interest @2.9% APR: €2577.58
    Documentation fee: €75
    Completion fee: €75
    Total repayable: €41,641.12
    Hire Purchase price: €58,835.58

36 Monthly payments: €517.95
    GMFV: €22,921.00

Depreciation 100%-(GMFV/Cash price) = 60%

Looks like they're expecting it to hold its value a bit better than the ID.3 I was quoted which had a depreciation of 65%

The annual mileage limit was 20,000km, not sure what the excess mileage cost is.

One nasty thing I noticed in the T&Cs is that if you walk away before 50% of the hire purchase cost is paid, you're liable to pay enough to bring it to 50% (€29,417.79 in this case). If for example I walked away after 1 year, I'd have to pay €6007.93 (€29,417.79-€23,409.86). So much for being able to walk away from a PCP anytime!

Personally I was expecting €600+ per month so even though it's expensive I'm happy enough

Looks like they're expecting it to hold its value a bit better than the ID.3 I was quoted which had a depreciation of 65%

The annual mileage limit was 20,000km, not sure what the excess mileage cost is.

One nasty thing I noticed in the T&Cs is that if you walk away before 50% of the hire purchase cost is paid, you're liable to pay enough to bring it to 50% (€29,417.79 in this case). If for example I walked away after 1 year, I'd have to pay €6007.93 (€29,417.79-€23,409.86). So much for being able to walk away from a PCP anytime!

Personally I was expecting €600+ per month so even though it's expensive I'm happy enough

You could never walk away from PCP anytime.

Would anyone pay 8,000 Euro's more for an ID.3 than a Model S SR+ ? A slightly cheaper Model 3 SR+ is on the way too.

To put it another way, it's around 1800 SHort of a MOdel 3 Long range with even faster acceleration 4.6 seconds 0-100.

Personally If I was spending that money I'd get the long range M3 and keep it a long time.

Or get a 2nd hand model S P85D 3.3 second 0-100 from the UK before we can't get cars from the UK anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭KCross

You could never walk away from PCP anytime.

Would anyone pay 8,000 Euro's more for an ID.3 than a Model S SR+ ? A slightly cheaper Model 3 SR+ is on the way too.

To put it another way, it's around 1800 SHort of a MOdel 3 Long range with even faster acceleration 4.6 seconds 0-100.

Personally If I was spending that money I'd get the long range M3 and keep it a long time.

Or get a 2nd hand model S P85D 3.3 second 0-100 from the UK before we can't get cars from the UK anymore.

Strange comparison there Mad-lad. An ID.3, ID.4, Model 3 and Model S all being compared in the one post. You’re awfully conflicted about your next purchase! :)

They are completely different segments, why would someone looking for a new 5dr hatch look at a used Model S?!
    Or someone looking for a crossover look at Model 3/S or ID.3?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,080 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Try getting anything bulky into the boot of a model 3 and then you'll see why people would pick the ID3 over it. Not everyone cares about 0-100 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

€56,108 OTR price including the paint

I'll just wait for Skoda to bring one out for 30k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Thierry12

Suprised no dealer has partnered with MG here

They have a 52kWh 344km WLTP estate car for £25k in UK

https://mg.co.uk/mg5-ev/

Would do well here

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

That's just the general 50% rule kicking in on car finance, you have to have paid 50% to be able to hand the car back, it's always worth remember with PCP, it's 50% of the total including the GMFV, not 50% of what you pay over the term.

I was tempted by the Enyaq but I just don't like the looks of it.

To be fair to VW, there's a cheaper version coming next year with a smaller battery

liamog wrote: »
    That's just the general 50% rule kicking in on car finance, you have to have paid 50% to be able to hand the car back, it's always worth remember with PCP, it's 50% of the total including the GMFV, not 50% of what you pay over the term.

Yeah it's definitely a bit of an eye opener. I was always suspicious of the statement that you can get out of a PCP anytime, there's always a settlement involved somewhere.

I'm certainly not planning on needing to get out early, but it's good to know what it'll cost if that does come to pass

KCross wrote: »
    Strange comparison there Mad-lad. An ID.3, ID.4, Model 3 and Model S all being compared in the one post. You’re awfully conflicted about your next purchase! :)

They are completely different segments, why would someone looking for a new 5dr hatch look at a used Model S?!

Mad lad wants a Tesla but keeps coming here looking for us to talk him out of it :D

I was jut saying 58K is a lot to pay for an id.3, I should have put ( in my opinion of course ) after that as per usual........;)
    Mad lad wants a Tesla but keeps coming here looking for us to talk him out of it :D

I was looking forward to the test drive but had to cancel it because I had enough hassle trying to get home all week, I wish I could work from home. But probably just as well I didn't get a test drive. :D

Having said that I do like the id.4 too lol.

Too much choice these days but one thing's for certain, if the cost goes up on new electrics after the budget I won't be buying anything new, probably just as well with my mileage anyway.

I was jut saying 58K is a lot to pay for an id.3, I should have put ( in my opinion of course ) after that as per usual........;)

I was looking forward to the test drive but had to cancel it because I had enough hassle trying to get home all week, I wish I could work from home. But probably just as well I didn't get a test drive. :D

Having said that I do like the id.4 too lol.

Too much choice these days but one thing's for certain, if the cost goes up on new electrics after the budget I won't be buying anything new, probably just as well with my mileage anyway.

It's 58k for the ID.4 not ID.3 :)

• Advertisement

It's 58k for the ID.4 not ID.3 :)

Jaysus, haha. :D

Jaysus, haha. :D

Too many numbers ;)

Also it's €56k for the ID.4 1st Max, you magically jumped up by 2 grand there :D

To be fair, there's also the cheaper ID.4 1st for €44k. Still has the 77kWh battery and nice interior, lacks the travel assist, matrix headlights and sunroof and had a 10 inch touchscreen instead of 12 inch. I'd say it's a hell of a lot of car for the price and completely blows the ID.3 77kWh out of the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Christ I dont know whats more shocking: that a DD is 56k, or that its depreciation in 3 years alone is more than you'd get a Porsche for. And the Porsche will hold its value better......

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

galwaytt wrote: »
    Christ I dont know whats more shocking: that a DD is 56k, or that its depreciation in 3 years alone is more than you'd get a Porsche for. And the Porsche will hold its value better......

Where have you being hiding ?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭KCross

GMFV does not equal depreciation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

GMFV does not equal depreciation.

I know, but for Man Maths purposes .. :)

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Casati

I know, but for Man Maths purposes .. :)

Max cost of the car is 36k over 3 years - assuming you don’t damage or go over the mileage limit. That’s a lot for a family suv isn’t it?

Casati wrote: »
    Max cost of the car is 36k over 3 years - assuming you don’t damage or go over the mileage limit. That’s a lot for a family suv isn’t it?

It's pricey but it's the top spec version, there are cheaper options

It's pricey but it's the top spec version, there are cheaper options

Yeah, diesel :D

• Advertisement

Yeah, diesel :D

Your mechanic will love you, he'll probably refer to you as his Christmas bonus ;)

Taxman too :p

Advertisement