Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

catharsis wrote: »
    Clear consensus on this group seems to be that the 1st edition is significantly better value than series editions.

Worth double-checking whether there is even rudimentary 'lane keeping' on the ID.4 series editions. I am coming to the understanding (which may not be correct) that the 'basic' features on the ID.3 were not copied across to the Id.4 1st, so that the ID.4 1st has no lane keeping function whatsoever, just a warning and slight correction system when you cross the lines.

That is basic lane keeping. Travel assist is what VW call their fancy lane keep assistant. Lane assist keeps you from falling out of lane.

All series models have Lane Assist. The "Tech" and the "Max" have travel assist.

pad199207 wrote: »
    Thinking of changing our Tiguan R Line to ID4. Which edition would bring me close to the r line spec? Don’t really want to lose much of the features of my current Tiguan.

Download the 2 product guides and see for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 davemccann

Received the following from VW digital services..

Good afternoon from Volkswagen Digital Services.

Thank you very much for your patience whilst we have investigated your enquiry about the We Charge tariff pricing shown on VW Ireland website

After thorough investigation we would like to inform you, that, unfortunately, the discounted rates that you read about are not available in Ireland, therefore the currently shown information is correct.

Please accept our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by this matter.

For any further information about We Charge or other digital services related enquiries, we remain at your disposal around the clock, 7 days a week. You may reply to this email, or call us on our dedicated line 1800-930066. We kindly ask, that you indicate your reference 0000704473 for a quick follow-up.

We wish you always, a safe and pleasant journey with your Volkswagen ID.4.

looks like the rates are not available in Ireland even though they are being advertised on dealer websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

davemccann wrote: »
    ..unfortunately, the discounted rates that you read about are not available in Ireland, therefore the currently shown information is correct.

I assume they meant incorrect

Either ways, bad form.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭pad199207

Download the 2 product guides and see for yourself.

Looks like even to get an electric tailgate your over €55,000

• Advertisement

€53995 for the Tech spec. Won't be what you'll pay in the end, but yeah, it's big money if that's a "must have" for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭crassusg

€53995 for the Tech spec. Won't be what you'll pay in the end, but yeah, it's big money if that's a "must have" for you.

yea looking at the tech spec as the one that we would like, its €53,995 but then add delivery €1000 and metalic paint (not the fancy black roof) at like €750 and its a tidy sum.

Would definitely have preferred to have an option list but get why they cookie cutter'd the trims to get them out as fast as they could.

So for €47k R-line money, you're near the business spec ID.4. The business spec vs the tiguan:
    Rear-view camera as standard (€450 optional extra in Tiguan)
    LED Matrix headlights (€520 option on tiguan)
    No optional extras

For spec comparison, the ID.4 looks like €54k, but the ID.4 also comes with:
    Rear-view camera as standard (€450 optional extra in Tiguan)
    Area view and overhead camera (not available on the tiguan)
    Easy open boot (€400 optional extra on Tiguan)
    Ergoactive seats with lumbar support (not an option on the Tiguan)
    Massage seats (not an option on Tiguan)
    LED Matrix headlights (€520 option on tiguan)
    Panoramic Sunroof (€1400 option on tiguan)
    Bluetooth and wireless charging (€513 option on the tiguan)
    Heads up display (€600 option on tiguan)
    USBs in the rear (€100 option on tiguan)

crassusg wrote: »
    yea looking at the tech spec as the one that we would like, its €53,995 but then add delivery €1000 and metalic paint (not the fancy black roof) at like €750 and its a tidy sum.

Would definitely have preferred to have an option list but get why they cookie cutter'd the trims to get them out as fast as they could.

Did the price up colours yet? I know for the 1st models metalic paint was included.

Apologies on the ex delivery price. You should be able to get a Tech for under the ROTR price though, but that would be common regardless of the model (ID.4, tiguan etc) i'd imagine.

The Enyaq might be more to your liking? Same platform as the ID.4, but fully customisable. I spec'd up one similar to the R-line (vaguely, as I'm not entirely familiar with the Tiguan R-line) and it's coming to €54978. I believe that's before grants. €48955 + €6023 of optional extras. Convenience plus pack includes the electric boot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭forumdedum

Do you lose the grant if the EV costs over €50,000?

forumdedum wrote: »
    Do you lose the grant if the EV costs over €50,000?

You lose the VRT relief after €50k, but there's still €5k SEAI grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭forumdedum

You lose the VRT relief after €50k, but there's still €5k SEAI grant.

Thanks for clearing that up

• Registered Users Posts: 11,373 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

forumdedum wrote: »
    Thanks for clearing that up

If you're using the configurator on the VW site then it's a bit strange, you need to go to the options and select the SEAI grant to see the price with the grant

I think the prices in the product guide reflects the SEAI grant and any VRT rebate

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Thanks Black Knight :)

All in all the ID 4 is an expensive car for what you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Thanks Black Knight :)

All in all the ID 4 is an expensive car for what you get.

The 1st edition was great value if you ask me.

Skoda Enyaq looks like better kit for the buck. Unusual shape though

ID.4 GTX world premier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjeInS_a4Sw

Gotta say the ID.4 looks great in the red, and the 300HP sounds good too

LOl I can only imagine the cost!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Skoda Enyaq looks like better kit for the buck. Unusual shape though

Enyaq is more expensive when specs are matched as far as I know.

• Advertisement

Enyaq is more expensive when specs are matched as far as I know.

As far as I know, that's correct, but if there's 1 or 2 specific things you want, the enyaq is probably cheaper as you can just option those in. Minefield for the second hand market in a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭kop-end

Looking at the spec sheet for the ID4 Style & Life trims and I can't see any reference to wireless Apple Car Play. Does anyone know if that is possible on the ID4 or does CarPlay only function hardwired? Thanks

kop-end wrote: »
    Looking at the spec sheet for the ID4 Style & Life trims and I can't see any reference to wireless Apple Car Play. Does anyone know if that is possible on the ID4 or does CarPlay only function hardwired? Thanks

Wireless Apple Car Play worked perfectly for me on the test drive. That was the first trim though but I'm sure if other trims have it that it will work just as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

I think all id's have wireless Android auto/carplay since version 2.0

I doubt they'd remove that from New models but it would be worth asking the dealer because it's a really useful feature.

LOl I can only imagine the cost!

It'll cost you an arm and a leg

Luckily I won't need my left leg since there's no clutch

I guess I could sell my right arm as well, since it'll almost certainly have travel assist

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

From my enquiries with my dealer, I think I remember he said all new vw’s have witeless CarPlay/android auto as standard but don’t hold me to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

I think wireless carplay and wireless charging are standard on all series models, meaning that the only ID.4s without wireless charging is the ID.4 1st - which is a very odd choice by VW.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

catharsis wrote: »
    I think wireless carplay and wireless charging are standard on all series models, meaning that the only ID.4s without wireless charging is the ID.4 1st - which is a very odd choice by VW.

It was a strange omission. I'm hoping some forum Peter figures out how to retrofit one!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭eko

Yep, all specs of the ID.4 have Wireless App Connect for CarPlay and Android Auto.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭hold my beer

It was a strange omission. I'm hoping some forum Peter figures out how to retrofit one!

It looks like the plate is there already (in the console in the middle). Maybe we'll be able to activate it in the future

Advertisement