Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,079 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Seems to be coming from the opposite side, but these things can be deceptive. I'm not overly worried about it - it's been there since I got it, but only brought it in now, a month and 1600 km later after ruling out charge cable in boot etc.

I've a rattle in my ID3. I thought it was the boot latch originally but not sure anymore. I'll have a better poke around the car this weekend if it's dry and see can I see if there's any trim pieces that are loose.

It's only there on rough roads though so going to leave it until I get the 2.1 update.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Have the 'proud' distinction of being the first ID4 owner in Cork city to have their new wheels back in for warranty work. Knocking from the rear. Predictably enough they can't find anything actually wrong (but did hear the noise) so are going to disassemble the shock in the morning. Am in an manual 1 litre T Cross in the interim - God it's awful!

Miss you! :D

Hope you get it back soon. The fear of being given an ice car is why I'm not giving mine back to VW to investigate the charging issue (in not alone, everyone has this issue).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Miss you! :D

Hope you get it back soon. The fear of being given an ice car is why I'm not giving mine back to VW to investigate the charging issue (in not alone, everyone has this issue).

Well, I'll be getting it back tomorrow or they can give me a decent loaner (I'd be eyeing up the ID4 demo) for the long weekend! I'm fine driving manual but this yoke doesn't even have hill hold or a reversing camera....yet does have all the lane keeping jiggery-pokery etc. It's funny - the T Cross has a 1 litre 95hp engine (it's been....a long time....since I drove something that lacking) and is gutless, yet my wife's Peugeot 5008 is a much bigger car (7 seat SUV) and only has a 1.2 (turbo) and 130hp yet seems far more powerful despite being lower in power: weight ratio than the VW I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Pat201

colhickey wrote: »
    Yeah, this one got me too when I first got the ID4.

Go into the Vehicle menu, ensure it is on Exterior, swipe to the screen with Central Locking on it and select it.
    At the bottom of the menu it brings up, the option 'Door Unlocking' is defaulted to single door (which is the driver's door).
    Change that to All Doors, and that should sort it.

Annoyed me no end until I went searching.

Thanks for the replies. i will check this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Mr Q

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I've a rattle in my ID3. I thought it was the boot latch originally but not sure anymore. I'll have a better poke around the car this weekend if it's dry and see can I see if there's any trim pieces that are loose.

It's only there on rough roads though so going to leave it until I get the 2.1 update.

Might sound odd but have you opened the boot and closed it slowly. I had a rattle coming from the rear and there was something loose in the trim on one side of the boot lid window. Back to dealer and sorted it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭boccy23

This day next week baby!! :D

Mr Q wrote: »
    Might sound odd but have you opened the boot and closed it slowly. I had a rattle coming from the rear and there was something loose in the trim on one side of the boot lid window. Back to dealer and sorted it.

Slammed it closed once or twice.

Seems to be coming from the opposite side, but these things can be deceptive. I'm not overly worried about it - it's been there since I got it, but only brought it in now, a month and 1600 km later after ruling out charge cable in boot etc.

Well, final verdict is that it's a "characteristic of the car"! They can't find anything wrong and drove a couple of others onsite and they all make the same noise apparently.....

Well, final verdict is that it's a "characteristic of the car"! They can't find anything wrong and drove a couple of others onsite and they all make the same noise apparently.....

Did they let you drive those other ones?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Did they let you drive those other ones?

I've driven the demo before getting mine and didn't notice anything, but then again you're probably unlikely to notice something like that in a quick test drive. It's not a massive noise or anything BTW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭hold my beer

No noise in mine. Thank fcuk. Would drive me mental

• Registered Users Posts: 11,372 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

So mine is still at INTERNAL_TRANSFER, apparently this means it could be in transit to the port, waiting at the port, or on the boat heading to Ireland

When it hits IMPORT_CUSTOMS or something then it's arrived in Ireland

Gonna be keeping a close eye on ship traffic :)

EDIT: The MV Patara arrived in Dublin a few hours ago, so might be some good news coming :)

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

So mine is still at INTERNAL_TRANSFER, apparently this means it could be in transit to the port, waiting at the port, or on the boat heading to Ireland

When it hits IMPORT_CUSTOMS or something then it's arrived in Ireland

Gonna be keeping a close eye on ship traffic :)

EDIT: The MV Patara arrived in Dublin a few hours ago, so might be some good news coming :)

If it's not on that one, the MV Parana is heading to Emden from Santander, so it might load up and head for Dublin.

Was in Cork City VW this evening and there was a 1st Max there (grey). In a sort of side room off showroom so not sure if it's for display or prep for customer.

Was in Cork City VW this evening and there was a 1st Max there (grey). In a sort of side room off showroom so not sure if it's for display or prep for customer.

If inter county travel were allowed I'd totally take a spin down to look, I don't care how many charges I'd need in the Leaf :D

If inter county travel were allowed I'd totally take a spin down to look, I don't care how many charges I'd need in the Leaf :D

Course you can travel anywhere you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭kop-end

Guys, what real world range would you become expecting from the upcoming 55kwh ID4. They state WLTP as 345kmh but I would like to deal in reality. Also, is the heat pump an optional necessitity? I’ve seen a few Uk reviews mentioning loss of range due on small short trips due to some
    strain on heating the car?

thanks for any input!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

kop-end wrote: »
    Guys, what real world range would you become expecting from the upcoming 55kwh ID4. They state WLTP as 345kmh but I would like to deal in reality. Also, is the heat pump an optional necessitity? I’ve seen a few Uk reviews mentioning loss of range due on small short trips due to some

thanks for any input!

If real world of the 77kwh version is anything to go by, I'd guess 240 - 260 kms.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭drumm23

Folks,

The myriad specs has me a touch confused; the two things I really want to have are Travel Assist (which is, I understand, the basic self driving on the motorway) and a panoramic sunroof. Are these part of the 1st Max spec and the Business spec or not?

Many thanks for any help!

drumm23 wrote: »
    Folks,

The myriad specs has me a touch confused; the two things I really want to have are Travel Assist (which is, I understand, the basic self driving on the motorway) and a panoramic sunroof. Are these part of the 1st Max spec and the Business spec or not?

Wrong. Business spec has neither.

Tech spec and the 1st max have both travel assist and panoramic roof.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭drumm23

Brilliant - thank you.

kop-end wrote: »

thanks for any input!

Regarding the heat pump, the general consensus is that it'll give you some extra range in winter, closer to summer range, but it's probably not worth it financially. If it were between the heat pump and bigger battery, I'd go for the bigger battery

The heating issues people have experienced is due to the battery heating. The car will try to keep the battery around 25C AFAIK, so in winter when you have a cold battery the car will work quite hard to heat it up. This can eat a noticeable chunk of battery.

Ideally you should preheat the car when plugged in as this will also heat the battery and pull from the mains. I think there were some software issues before where the car would always use the battery to preheat even when plugged in, I think this may have been solved but we'll need to wait for winter to be sure

With 77 Kwh of usable energy the heat pump isn't necessary like it was in the days of 100 Km cars, that extra 20-30 kms range was a lot believe me lol. The ID range of cars also charge faster making the HP less of a necessity. From tests with and without the HP in the id range it seems that it offers 20-30 Kms more range and I really don't think that tiny efficiency gain is worth 1400 Euros in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

drumm23 wrote: »
    Folks,

Just to clarify, basic self driving would usually be considered active cruise control and lane keep assist.

Travel assist enhances lane keep assist to lane following assist where it will stay in the centre of the lane but every model should have the basic ACC and LKAS... at least the ID.3s do.

So, paying the extra for LFA is down to how much you value that enhancement. Travel Assist adds some other extras too.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭forestgirl

I was behind an id3 in traffic the other day was great to be so close to get a look.I have had a good look at the id4 a couple of weeks ago in a garage where they seem to be plentiful and I was amazed because I have yet to see one on the road but I suppose that will happen over the next few weeks.
    Will the id6 be coming to Ireland and when does anyone know
    The id4 looks like a decent size car definitely roomy

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

Anyone having issue with android auto?
    Fine up until yesterday. Now seems paired but both phone and car seem to be stuck connecting Android auto. I can play music via Bluetooth

The infortainment system is also turning off and on

forestgirl wrote: »
    I was behind an id3 in traffic the other day was great to be so close to get a look.I have had a good look at the id4 a couple of weeks ago in a garage where they seem to be plentiful and I was amazed because I have yet to see one on the road but I suppose that will happen over the next few weeks.
    Will the id6 be coming to Ireland and when does anyone know
    The id4 looks like a decent size car definitely roomy

Currently the ID.6 is only for China, and export to the US has been discussed.

I'd say there'll be a version for Europe as well but it might be a couple of years away

If it does make it here it'll be the ID.6 Crozz version in the video below

https://youtu.be/1Rnhtockhyw

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭kop-end

With 77 Kwh of usable energy the heat pump isn't necessary like it was in the days of 100 Km cars, that extra 20-30 kms range was a lot believe me lol. The ID range of cars also charge faster making the HP less of a necessity. From tests with and without the HP in the id range it seems that it offers 20-30 Kms more range and I really don't think that tiny efficiency gain is worth 1400 Euros in my opinion.

Thanks for the info, I was actually looking at the 55kwh version and wondering wether the heat pumo would be required, taking a possible 20km range off the 55kwh battery could bring the real world range down to the 200km range !!!

Down South wrote: »
    Anyone having issue with android auto?
    Fine up until yesterday. Now seems paired but both phone and car seem to be stuck connecting Android auto. I can play music via Bluetooth

The infortainment system is also turning off and on

Had a few issues of late. Android auto just not starting up automatically and I've to go into app connect and select my phone, select Android auto and it connects. That was all automatic in the early days

• Advertisement

Bit of an unexpected trip today so used the local fast charger (a loose term, as I'll explain). About 50% battery, cold battery, but only 39kW coming from the 50kW unit. ~36 kW into the car. Got what I needed but 39kW was depressing. Given the 350V battery pack I think 44kW is the max I can expect from the 50kW unit.

Advertisement