Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭pad199207

Does anybody find the interiors/dash very bland or minimalist for the money that your paying?

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

Quick question,
    Since picking up the ID4 last week the large recess in the inside of the tailgate has been bugging me. Just had a look in the manual and it's supposed to hold a warning triangle. I don't have one, just checking if anyone else with a 1st is also missing it ?

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Quick question,
    Since picking up the ID4 last week the large recess in the inside of the tailgate has been bugging me. Just had a look in the manual and it's supposed to hold a warning triangle. I don't have one, just checking if anyone else with a 1st is also missing it ?

Correct. No warning triangle. Asked here before and others said the same

pad199207 wrote: »
    Does anybody find the interiors/dash very bland or minimalist for the money that your paying?

I've heard a few day it, but I like it. Never considered i paid X so the day should a certain way. I think the dash is nice and clean. No over kill. Makes the car feel roomier without a cluttered dash.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

Correct. No warning triangle. Asked here before and others said the same

My apologies, I should have done a search !
    On a different note, Kufatec came back to me saying the currently do not have a solution for retrofitting keyless entry to the ID4

• Advertisement

I've heard a few day it, but I like it. Never considered i paid X so the day should a certain way. I think the dash is nice and clean. No over kill. Makes the car feel roomier without a cluttered dash.

Thank you, love your replies. Possibly going to go all in for the Max at this stage. Didn’t want to lose features that I already have in the Tiguan.

Seen the blue with the black roof on Sunday. It’s a beautiful combination.

pad199207 wrote: »

Yes, but the minimalist interior isn't as bad as having VW Caddy plastic is everywhere, not what you'd expect for the money but at least the id.3 isn't quite as bad as the id.3, the seats look a lot nicer in the id.4.

Yes, but the minimalist interior isn't as bad as having VW Caddy plastic is everywhere, not what you'd expect for the money but at least the id.3 isn't quite as bad as the id.3, the seats look a lot nicer in the id.4.

I've gotta see these VW caddy vans. I've no idea what plastics you're talking about. You make it sound like the Kona interior

My apologies, I should have done a search !
    On a different note, Kufatec came back to me saying the currently do not have a solution for retrofitting keyless entry to the ID4

That's for letting us know. Hopefully they come up with a solution

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

That's for letting us know. Hopefully they come up with a solution

The ID.3 came with a warning triangle. It's clipped into a recess in the boot door. I can't imagine that they wouldn't put one in the ID.4.

• Advertisement

The ID.3 came with a warning triangle. It's clipped into a recess in the boot door. I can't imagine that they wouldn't put one in the ID.4.

Same reason they didn't put a false floor in. I'm actually happy there's no false floor. More space, and I couldn't be bothered about flat access to the boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

What software version are you running now so?

Down South wrote: »

2.1 so. Same as the rest of us (and what should of been on the car when it was delivered).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭deravarra

It's as bland as can be. The Enyaq is by far a better looking car on the inside

• Registered Users Posts: 11,372 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I see the blurb page for the ID.4 GTX is up

https://www.volkswagen.ie/en/new-cars/id4-gtx.html

No prices of course, still keeping us in suspense

Looks great though, I might have to cash in the Max early for an upgrade :)

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭kop-end

Has anyone come across any 1st Editions (not MAX) still in stock or available to order? I rang across a few garages and all say none left

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

deravarra wrote: »

Enyaq is the more traditional externally. I do prefer the simplicity of skoda internally. Still can't reconcile the excessive cost of the skoda vs the vw given it's the same platform.

Is it good business from skoda or price gauging given the fashionable demand for big family evs?

kop-end wrote: »
    Has anyone come across any 1st Editions (not MAX) still in stock or available to order? I rang across a few garages and all say none left

I'd very much doubt there's any left, but ring all the garages and see. They'll certainly have their demo models still, but not sure when they offload those - end of the year or when the 212 plates come in?

I agree. Although that enyaq exterior is far too like the “typical” electric car look

I agree but very pricey once you add options.

• Advertisement

Base Enyaq interior:

maxresdefault.jpg

Base Id.4 interior:

16018291896093.jpg

Honestly i'd put the id4 interior over the enyaq. Seats are much nicer in the ID.4 IMO too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,372 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Base Enyaq interior:

maxresdefault.jpg

Base Id.4 interior:

16018291896093.jpg

Honestly i'd put the id4 interior over the enyaq. Seats are much nicer in the ID.4 IMO too.

I thought the base ID.4 (as in the City or Life trim) was a bit blander than that. That's the !st interior surely?

Personally I preferred the top level ID.4 to the top level Enyaq, it's a much cleaner look in the ID.4 wherease the Enyaq looks a bit dated IMO

The materials in the Enyaq might be better but that doesn't really bother me tbh, I don't mind the hard plastics, they wear well and are easy to clean

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

Noticed that v1.15 of the We Connect ID IOS app was released yesterday.

If you go to the We Charge section, We Charge asks for access to the VIN and My cars information (to identify your vehicle, arrange registration/conclusion of the digital service and establish whether you're entitled to use a service).

We Charge - Charging at home is shown in the same section. Not sure if it was there already as I don't have a VW box, but seems better integrated now. Has anyone got a VW charger and can see what info if any it now provides?

No updates to the desktop website since launch.

I thought the base ID.4 (as in the City or Life trim) was a bit blander than that. That's the !st interior surely?

Personally I preferred the top level ID.4 to the top level Enyaq, it's a much cleaner look in the ID.4 wherease the Enyaq looks a bit dated IMO

The materials in the Enyaq might be better but that doesn't really bother me tbh, I don't mind the hard plastics, they wear well and are easy to clean

Didn't think there were different interior specs on the id4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭deravarra

A few things I prefer about the Enyaq's interior over the ID4:

Gear selector: I cannot understand why VW had it placed where it was. I think it is in a far better place in the Enyaq.

Steering Wheel: The controls using a "moveable" wheel would feel more tactile for most. The lack of anything other than haptic feedback from the steering wheel controls on the ID 4 is a miss.

Cupholder design: I rather the side by side rather than front/back of the ID4 - however, two large(ish) cups/bottles would have difficulty being used at the same time judging by the size of the spaces available. Big con using the Enyaq's cupholders - would be that if you had mobile phones beside the USB C cables, you'd have to remove the cups to gain access to the phones. Not good design tbh.

Seats do look a bit nicer on the ID4!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Base Enyaq interior:

To be honest there is very little in it. It's slight variations of the same theme in both.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,079 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

A few things I prefer about the Enyaq's interior over the ID4:

Gear selector: I cannot understand why VW had it placed where it was. I think it is in a far better place in the Enyaq.

Steering Wheel: The controls using a "moveable" wheel would feel more tactile for most. The lack of anything other than haptic feedback from the steering wheel controls on the ID 4 is a miss.

Cupholder design: I rather the side by side rather than front/back of the ID4 - however, two large(ish) cups/bottles would have difficulty being used at the same time judging by the size of the spaces available. Big con using the Enyaq's cupholders - would be that if you had mobile phones beside the USB C cables, you'd have to remove the cups to gain access to the phones. Not good design tbh.

Seats do look a bit nicer on the ID4!

The gear selector is in a perfect position on the ID3/4 once you get used to it. You don't even have to take your hands off the wheel if switching between D/B/R.

Lantus wrote: »
    To be honest there is very little in it. It's slight variations of the same theme in both.

That's why I don't get the shaming of the ID.4 interior over the Enyaq. Much of a muchness between them. ID.4 has nicer seats, and imo a nicer center console. The belt line on the Enyaq is marginally nicer I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

TitianGerm wrote: »
    The gear selector is in a perfect position on the ID3/4 once you get used to it. You don't even have to take your hands off the wheel if switching between D/B/R.

100%. Once you get used to it your focus is almost always kept on the road as opposed to down at the selector. Took about a week to get used to after the Ioniq.

Charging update: set a scheduled departure and set to charge to 80 overnight and no issue. I'm wondering if it doesn't charge properly if there's no scheduled departure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/motors/is-permanent-renting-the-future-of-the-car-1.4552377

(Klaus) Zellmer (the new board member for sales, marketing and after-sales for Volkswagen) says that such as pay-as-you-go model, or indeed a full-service subscription model, won’t be the totality of the car market in the future, but it will be a significant part. “It’s going to run alongside,” he says. “Today we have a cash market, we have a finance market, we have a leasing market, and maybe this new model is more like an extension of the leasing market. We have now a model where people will pay to have their car for three years, and then hand it back, and maybe pay for a new car for another three years, but we have to develop new models, because these same people might now be saying that they only want to commit for six months at a time.”

Advertisement