Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have Boots started charging for in-store delivery?

Options
  • 24-08-2019 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

A E2.50 charge appeared in my subtotal yesterday for in-store delivery. It would have been E5 for home delivery under E50. Didn't go through with the transaction. The girl in store said that all in-store delivery/collection is free. Yet E2.50 did appear in the subtotal yesterday. Look I'm not so tight that I wouldn't pay that for something I really wanted but I'm just curious as to whether anyone here can enlighten me? Would be a first that I've seen, of a shop charging for delivery to the store.
    Thanks
    S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Sussex18 wrote: »
    A E2.50 charge appeared in my subtotal yesterday for in-store delivery. It would have been E5 for home delivery under E50. Didn't go through with the transaction. The girl in store said that all in-store delivery/collection is free. Yet E2.50 did appear in the subtotal yesterday. Look I'm not so tight that I wouldn't pay that for something I really wanted but I'm just curious as to whether anyone here can enlighten me? Would be a first that I've seen, of a shop charging for delivery to the store.
    Thanks
    S

Would it not be quicker to check their website? You get charged €2.50 for instore delivery if your purchase was under €25.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I think the OP means he didn't order it online. I am not certain in that situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

If you order in store, regardless of the price, it's free for in store delivery. Order at home and under €25 it's €2.50

Advertisement