Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAS Walrus Reveal Thread

Comments

Thanks to everyone for their submissions and participation tonight, it was a really enjoyable round to score. Well done to Tammy for a severe winner.

I have some welcome new avenues to explore with GLC and Kacey Musgraves. It was great to get a bit of Tom Waits and Paul Brady in there, even if they didn't score too well in the round. I really welcome Sheridan's submission even if it placed last overall. I spent time with the song and listened to something way out of my comfort zone, but it was just too tough a nut for me to crack.

Rikand...your absence is concerning me, this one is for 'us' bud, very apt...

And remember Solsbury Hill :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Good reveal guys, certainly different having two judges and interesting to see how different some of the scoring positions were between you

Well done Tammy, great start! Hopefully catch the next reveal live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Thought I was onto a winner with that one after you submitted that fecker whatshisface to my one. Capaldi chap. Figured they were very similar sort of songs :)

Ah well. it's still a song that tugs on my heart strings when I hear it, so no regrets with that one :)

My favourite song from Tom Waits. The prelude is funny :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Tom Waits is never better than when he sheds his skin and gets on with being his true, cookie craving self

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Rikand wrote: »
    Thought I was onto a winner with that one after you submitted that fecker whatshisface to my one. Capaldi chap. Figured they were very similar sort of songs :)

Ah well. it's still a song that tugs on my heart strings when I hear it, so no regrets with that one :)

It was grand, nothing wrong it at all imo, just up against the epic belters it was always going to struggle for me :)

At least I didnt savage it like Stu :pac:

• Advertisement

Necro wrote: »
    It was grand, nothing wrong it at all imo, just up against the epic belters it was always going to struggle for me :)

At least I didnt savage it like Stu :pac:

Tbf, I think Passenger came out the worst from that!

Tbf, I think Passenger came out the worst from that!

How much fun would it have been if someone submitted this to every category Stu :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

Yay :) thanks Necro and Stu :):) I love that song!

Will listen to the song entries I don't know from the playlist when I get the chance.
    Interestingly no one decided to go for the song that inspired the name of this category ;)

NSFW, folks:

I was seriously considering it!

Yep, Rikand's pissed with me :D

Yep, Rikand's pissed with me :D

no, no :D Pissed with Necro. It wasnt you who submitted Lewis Capaldi to me :D

• Advertisement

no, no :D Pissed with Necro. It wasnt you who submitted Lewis Capaldi to me :D

You'll probably be more pissed in a minute

giphy.gif

:D

Next up, coming Wednesday evening...
    Favourite Irish Song: As song-writing goes, we're a nation which punches well above its weight and competes with the world's best. Give us a song that you love which is written by an Irish songwriter/band.
    The song has to be written by a songwriter from the Republic or Northern Ireland, but the version you like/submit can be performed by a singer/band of any nationality.
    I wouldn't have minded hearing some of these for entries...

or these...

That'll do, pig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Ah Therapy? how did I forget ye :-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,241 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

You mentioned the band I picked in that list at least :)

I didn't myself on the end, but if anyone's voted Fight Like Apes they'll become my favourite player!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

A LiveDrive stalwart! Can't remember a single song of theirs but their album names were class. " Body of Christ and legs of Tina turner"

****! I forgot Ham Sandwich!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

I love Van Morrison in The Last Waltz. The suit he wears looks kind of like a onesie and the way he just dissapears off stage! He's like a giant baby off his face :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,241 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Banjo wrote: »
    A LiveDrive stalwart! Can't remember a single song of theirs but their album names were class. " Body of Christ and legs of Tina turner"

****! I forgot Ham Sandwich!

Great song names too. For example, that album had "Pull Off Your Arms and Let's Play In Your Blood" on it

I saw them so often they recognised me, I may have been a bit OTT. Ah damn it, I should have been true to myself and picked them :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Some great choices there Stu but I'm fearful because I don't see anything new there (gulps)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Guys I'm gonna be honest here, I've had so much going on that I completely forgot I had entered this. Oops! I've no idea what I submitted even. I'll have to go looking back through my PM's.

Mollyb60 wrote:
    Guys I'm gonna be honest here, I've had so much going on that I completely forgot I had entered this. Oops! I've no idea what I submitted even. I'll have to go looking back through my PM's.

Well Pink for round 1 anyways if that rejogs your memory in anyway :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Well Pink for round 1 anyways if that rejogs your memory in anyway :D

I just had a look at my PM there. Makes sense now. I stand by past Molly's choices. :D

I had 2 songs in mind for this forget which one I entered I do really like both but one is by an artist a lot of people dislike and one not. If I finish last I'll stand by the singing ability and and what I find to be meaningful but simple song writing.

Tammy! wrote: »

I love Van Morrison in The Last Waltz. The suit he wears looks kind of like a onesie and the way he just dissapears off stage! He's like a giant baby off his face :D

He's gas, that kick out of him :pac:

Apparently up until just minutes before taking the stage at The Last Waltz, Van was across the street in his hotel room absolutely bricking it with nerves. As talented and famous as he is, he is known for bad stage fright.

As well as that, by the time Van went on-stage, the concert had hit a bit of a lull and the crowd were starting to become a bit jaded and unresponsive. Van's performance of Caravan lit the thing back up and The Band's Robbie Robertson was in awe of Van. Just look at Robbie's expression as Van drops the mic and walks off stage...pure idolatry. Oh and cocaine...lots of it :D

For anyone interested, this is some nice insight from Robbie Robertson on Van at The Last Waltz, and he even has a laugh about Van's onesie...

http://www.oocities.org/tracybjazz/hayward/van-the-man.info/reviews/lastwaltz.html

Pretzill wrote: »
    Some great choices there Stu but I'm fearful because I don't see anything new there (gulps)

Yeah I had a few newer ones to post, but felt I was getting to spam levels with the videos last night so there should have been one more post with these in it...

Not 'new', but a few gems from the 00s...

Coronas, Delorentos, Ham Sandwich etc. are not really personal favourites of mine.

I had 2 songs in mind for this forget which one I entered I do really like both but one is by an artist a lot of people dislike and one not. If I finish last I'll stand by the singing ability and and what I find to be meaningful but simple song writing.

Ronan Keating ?

Ronan Keating ?

I mean how can you ever pause for thought about life and not think its like a roller coaster.

You just got to ride it..

I've spent many hours mulling over the lyrics of it...

• Advertisement

I mean how can you ever pause for thought about life and not think its like a roller coaster.

You just got to ride it..

I've spent many hours mulling over the lyrics of it...

I wouldn't have accepted it anyway. 'Life is a Rollercoaster' was written by Greg Alexander of the New Radicals and was intended for their second album, but they broke up.

/Buzz 'Dwight Shrute' Killington

Advertisement