Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorcycle jacket - what size to get?

Options
  • 24-08-2019 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

Hoping to get a new motorcycle jacket to replace a 10+ yr old Richa. The current Richa textile jacket is an XL size and comfortable relaxed fit over a suit or windproof fleece jacket (with liner fitted).

My chest size is 40" and I wear medium jackets, the Richa XL is swimming on me with just a teeshirt so wondering should I chance going for a Medium size as I will only be wearing thin base layers going forward or a light fleece top.

Am an all weather commuter .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Miscreant

I think perhaps a large to allow for wearing more than a fleece in winter. I'm a 42 chest and went for a Richa XL recently. There is a bit of adjustment in the jacket anyway so you can cinch it in a little for summer use. I would err on the side of a Large instead of a medium in any case. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

I wear medium jackets but have always worn large in motorbike jackets and only wear a t shirt underneath. I would go with a large. If the jacket is on sports bike shop, you'd get an idea of the fit in the reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

I'm a 40 chest too. I tried a Richa XL lately. It was too big but not by an awful lot. M is defo too small

Edit:I'd wear M in street clothes

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Ordered an icon in large and just watched a rizella video where they advised to drop down a size!
    The guy wearing it had a 42"chest and was 195 lbs. He was wearing the medium.
    Going to change to a medium but have advised my size to sportbike anyway.

My Richa XL is simply too large, I could fit my ruck sack within it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Bike gear is very strange for sizes, i'm an XL top and pants normally, i've a 2XL jacket and a 3XL pants that barely fits me

• Advertisement
Advertisement