Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fraud investigator 'was sacked for being white

• 24-08-2019 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭

Mark Edmunds, 54, is suing for £529,000 in a race and sex discrimination case
    Claims he was sacked by London borough of Tower Hamlets because of his skin
    His investigations saw 12 Asian men sacked for part in rigging 2014 local election.

The council has been plagued by problems of corruption and alleged mismanagement.

He joined the council in January 2010 and helped successfully host the Olympics before moving into fraud investigation.

Britain's first Muslim mayor, Lutfur Rahman, had won control of Tower Hamlets in October 2010 but was removed by a court for rigging his 2014 re-election.

In 2018, the Met police said it had not found enough evidence to charge anyone after a £1.7million year-long inquiry into alleged fraud during the mayoral election.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7385727/East-London-council-sacked-fraud-investigator-white.html

Ireland is not far behind it is a case of put up and shut up.
    Sure he was just a white man who cares right?

Better not mention this story or complain about it he the liberal haters will call you racist.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Reminiscent of the ‘asian’ grooming gangs and the relevant authorities in the Uk being too afraid to investigate for fear of being accused of racism.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

You forgot 'claims' in your title.

If it's as he claims, I hope he wins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

You forgot 'claims' in your title.

If it's as he claims, I hope he wins

Did not forget a thing I copy and pasted the headline.;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Did not forget a thing I copy and pasted the headline.;)

Then maybe you should check what you're copying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,396 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Well if he says that’s the reason give him his £529k. No need to prove anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7385727/East-London-council-sacked-fraud-investigator-white.html

Better not mention this story or complain about it he the liberal haters will call you racist.

OP your post if full of hyperbole particular in your references to Ireland.

To me the man in question seems to have been punished for being a whistle blower. Which while being unfair is injustice of another type.

Labeling all liberals with one brush is hardly fair.

I have no doubt being a whistle blower is well not easy. I seriously doubt they would have liked him accusing people of corruption more had he been brown though would they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

I really don't see why this was posted?

Edit: Oh, I see OP flounced out of boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,244 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Fake outrage innit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,490 ✭✭✭francois

Yawn

The real point is a fraud investigator was punished for doing his job.

Sadly he brought race into it and diminished a rather important issue of being punished for pointing out corruption.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,451 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Is it just me or are the peddlers of outrage just putting in ever-decreasing amounts of effort?

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Is it just me or are the peddlers of outrage just putting in ever-decreasing amounts of effort?
    Not just you I have noticed too. Less posts and more of a defeatist attitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,244 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

jzq2gfil_16g3ge9_uir7wq.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

I see you are still puking out this hate filled right wing racist crap.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Collie D wrote: »
    Well if he says that’s the reason give him his £529k. No need to prove anything.

In fairness though, we are in an age where an accusation in itself is increasingly becoming sufficient evidence.

Advertisement