Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Data usage on Virgin mobile?

Options
  • 24-08-2019 6:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭

Anyone with Virgin?

Use a hotspot and stream data?

Normally goes over their fair usage policy.

https://www.independent.ie/business/technology/adrian-weckler-ive-reached-my-limit-with-false-unlimited-mobile-data-claims-35657269.html

This link is from 2 years ago, but 2 years ago three mobile had a fair usage policy they never really implemented - which is good news real users of "unlimited" data.

Well, dude in the phone shop said apparently some individual tried to run his business through a hotspot, and basically racked up thousands of GB's within the month.

They cut him off - maybe they sued his ass also - can't remember what he said.

But basically if you go over your 60 GB policy with three, it's not the end of the world.

I don't know if the same can be said for Virgin.

Can it?
    According to that article - probably not; but like I said, that was 2 years ago.

Anyone have experience with Virgin mobiles data plans?

I would expect it's similar with Eir?

Is three the only "real" unlimited data supplier in Ireland?

Advertisement