Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acceptable moderator post query

Options
  • 24-08-2019 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭

Hi,

The moderator ‘Nosnon’ posted the following in a Current Affairs thread:
    Mod-Any chance when you close your account you can take a few of the other bitches with you.

Is this an acceptable post?

I suspect it breaches rules such as ‘not being uncivil’ and ‘attach the post’ as well as being sexist.

I have a screenshot I can attach if needed (in case the mod edits the post).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Link to the thread in question:

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058009472/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I'm disappointed. I had a bet with myself that there would be a feedback thread within 10 minutes.

Nosnon wrote: »
    I'm disappointed. I had a bet with myself that there would be a feedback thread within 10 minutes.

Is it acceptable for a moderator to troll on a feedback forum thread?

I’ll upload the screenshot later when I am on a laptop.

being fair to nosnon, they didnt specify that the other bitches all had to be right wing so it may not be a left/right wing bias thing

tho a list would be interesting!

• Advertisement

being fair to nosnon, they didnt specify that the other bitches all had to be right wing so it may not be a left/right wing bias thing

tho a list would be interesting!

I didn’t mention left wing or right wing.

Do the boards.ie Administrators have a protocol for dealing with rogue moderators?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Posters in CA/IMHO have been reporting each others' posts all day. Tit for tat.
    I might even go as far as to say bitching? (oooh.... report that too!)

Nearly 40 reported posts since 7:30am this morning because people can't have a civilised discussion or debate.

Even on a premiership day and a horrific rugby day, CA/IMHO came out on top of reported posts (by a long way). Congrats.

Nosnon was spot on. Some of you are childish in the extreme (and add some "-ist" words in there too for good measure.)

Mr E wrote: »
    Posters in CA/IMHO have been reporting each others' posts all day. Tit for tat.
    I might even go as far as to say bitching? (oooh.... report that too!)

Nearly 40 reported posts since 7:30am this morning because people can't have a civilised discussion or debate.

Even on a premiership day and a horrific rugby day, CA/IMHO came out on top of reported posts (by a long way). Congrats.
    Nosnon was spot on. Some of you are childish in the extreme (and add some "-ist" words in there too for good measure.)

I’d like this escalated to a proper Administrator please, not an acceptable answer.

Is it acceptable for me to call Nosnon a prick? How about a wanker? A kunt?

• Advertisement

Proper administrator on the way...

Mr E wrote: »
    Has he done that?

Did I say he had? If a Moderator can call posters ‘bitches’, without any repercussions then I assume posters are free to insult Moderators without repercussions. So I am looking to gauge the level of insult that is deemed acceptable.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

*popcorn*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭droidman123

Steve wrote: »
    *popcorn*

Ah and now the guy who said if posters didnt like it they can lump it and then gave some two bob excuse about being drunk arrives.op,this is their playground,best advise i can give you is to forget about it.you have no chance of fair play here.just look at some of the replies you have gotten already.move on....let them have their fun.

Ah and now the guy who said if posters didnt like it they can lump it and then gave some two bob excuse about being drunk arrives.op,this is their playground,best advise i can give you is to forget about it.you have no chance of fair play here.just look at some of the replies you have gotten already.move on....let them have their fun.

Hoping for Gordon to show up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

So basically, the OP of the linked thread said they were going to childishly throw their toys out of the pram.

The mod said "go ahead, no skin off my nose"

The op is still in the pram sulking clutching the toys..

Gordon wouldn't waste his time on this petty rant.

So basically, the OP of the linked thread said they were going to childishly throw their toys out of the pram.

Just to be clear - calling other posters ‘bitches’ is not considered uncivil? It doesn’t break any boards.ie site wide rules or Current Affairs forum rules?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,751 ✭✭✭✭banie01

0WmXcZD.gif

banie01 wrote: »
    0WmXcZD.gif

Flesh Gordon is around here somewhere.

Just to be clear - calling other posters ‘bitches’ is not considered uncivil? It doesn’t break any boards.ie site wide rules or Current Affairs forum rules?

What specific boards members or identifiable individuals were called 'bitches'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭droidman123

The old "toys out if the pram" post again...thats a boreds special.i dont know if you are drunk again but can you not try at least to be civilised to the op,s query? Is that really too much to ask?

What specific boards members or identifiable individuals were called 'bitches'?

So this is how this is going to go. You may as well close this thread. Nosnan is obviously not going to be censured.

It's late Saturday night. No proper administrators around. Please be patient.

The old "toys out if the pram" post again...thats a boreds special.i dont know if you are drunk again but can you not try at least to be civilised to the op,s query? Is that really too much to ask?

I'm confused, what did I post that was uncivil??

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

For good reason moderator complaints are dealt with in the Help Desk, not Feedback

I'm not sure how "proper" I am, but I will review this complaint

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The advantage with moving this here is I can leave some of the drivel already posted since I move the thread unapproved. If you don't want to be constructive, please do not bother posting as it will not be approved

Looking at the thread started in CA/IMHO, it very clearly did not belong there. I may not have used the terminology that the mod chose to use when closing the thread, but I can fully understand why it was used

Was it acceptable? Well it could have been worded better. Any "insult" was aimed at a troublesome poster who indicated he wanted to leave the site. None of us are perfect. The poster was certainly "bitching" but yes the mod probably went a bit far when referring to them as a "bitch". I will ask the mod to to try and refrain from rising to the bait in the future

As I've already indicated moderator complaints are dealt with here. Please do not start threads in Feedback about any specific moderator or point of moderation. They are dealt with in Help Desk

This has been discussed with the mod who accepts it was a heat of the moment reaction. I'm therefor closing this up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement