Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie [Netflix] - *Spoilers*

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,313 ✭✭✭✭briany

Really liked the film. I was a little bit worried that 2 hours of Jesse Pinkman without Walter would feel unsatisfying, but I soon forgot about that as the film kept moving along quite well. I think the Todd flashback scenes were the best bits - highly unsettling with notes of dark humour. Nice ending - fitted with the end of the series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

On;y recently watched Breaking Bad (which I thought was excellent) and then watched this, which was, as others have said, meh. Not a fan of it, doesn't appear to go anywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I see there is some short out with Todd and his creepy snowglobe.

I am getting region blocks on youtube and AMC, no doubt it will be reposted on youtube without them though

https://movieweb.com/snow-globe-breaking-bad-short-todd-el-camino/?fbclid=IwAR3qIybrPj2NfXajKWffvGMm4w6H5BwniOFltNGlAsxJj33-U7ko17A4yss

some might be able to watch it with vpn or plugins or whatever, its only 2min 45s anyway

https://www.amc.com/shows/el-camino-a-breaking-bad-movie/video-extras/el-camino-short-snow-globe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Just watched this last night and one thing bugging me- did Jesse not buy his parents house by Sauls blackmail over running a meth lab from it? Also thought they had called the cops on him at one stage? Just seemed strange that they would make the appeal on tv and also go to pick him up when the last interaction with the parents was that he completely shafted them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Probably an attempt by them to keep up appearances in the local community, not doing so even as an estranged son would probably be frowned upon for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Just watched this last night and one thing bugging me- did Jesse not buy his parents house by Sauls blackmail over running a meth lab from it? Also thought they had called the cops on him at one stage? Just seemed strange that they would make the appeal on tv and also go to pick him up when the last interaction with the parents was that he completely shafted them.

I think it was his aunts house, not his parents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Penn wrote: »
    I think it was his aunts house, not his parents.

He bought the house from his parents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

He bought the house from his parents.

Thats what I had thought. But was it the same house as back in Series 4(?) And after buying it did Jesse allow them to live there? I dont recall that happening or being covered at the time. And if it was a different house altogether he wouldnt have been familiar where the safe was yet he made a beeline for in in el Camino.

Maybe it is a bit of a continuity error, I certainly thought their role in the film as strange as last we saw of them they were totally estranged with Jesse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Thats what I had thought. But was it the same house as back in Series 4(?) And after buying it did Jesse allow them to live there? I dont recall that happening or being covered at the time. And if it was a different house altogether he wouldnt have been familiar where the safe was yet he made a beeline for in in el Camino.

Maybe it is a bit of a continuity error, I certainly thought their role in the film as strange as last we saw of them they were totally estranged with Jesse.

From what I remember, it was his aunt's house and he was living in it in Season 1 (I think maybe he lived with his aunt before she died and his parents let him live there after, but they owned the actual house). Then his parents kicked him out and he moved in beside Jane in Season 2. In Season 3, after his parents refurbished the house, he bought it from them (through Saul so they didn't know it was him). Given his ties to Heisenberg, it's likely when he went missing, the police seized the house as a criminal asset or whatever, so there was no point Jesse going back there.

I think the house in El Camino was his parent's house, and he knew where the safe was because it was probably where his father always kept the safe. Jesse obviously lived there growing up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭vafankillar

only watched this now.

agree with a lot of what was said, didn't feel like a movie in it's own right and I was expecting a bit more, but if I had expected just a final epilogue additional episode or whatever I would have been pretty happy, as that it was fairly good in fairness.

main thing that bugged me was the vacuum cleaner guy refusing the job because of a measly €1,800 and then even ringing the cops. just didn't make sense to me. surely you'd want to get the job done and get the payment and avoid any more risk with jessie running around looking for more money with clearly no way of getting it without making noise., and it's not like he could tell other people he payed less or whatever? i guess it was needed to structure the story like that but it just seemed forced.

Advertisement