Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Parcel Motel??

• 24-08-2019 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭

Anybody here use the Parcel Hotel in Macdonagh Junction? I was thinking of signing up for their service and most threads about them are closed.

Comments

I use the one at Topaz on the Waterford Rd fairly regularly and I find it very satisfactory.

Haven't used McDonagh though but I presume the service is the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

inthehat wrote: »
    I use the one at Topaz on the Waterford Rd fairly regularly and I find it very satisfactory.

Haven't used McDonagh though but I presume the service is the same.

Thanks inthehat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Read the main PM thread in Online Shopping. The service nose dived in the last year or so.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I've used them a good few times. No complaints from me.

ED E wrote: »
    Read the main PM thread in Online Shopping. The service nose dived in the last year or so.

Thanks ED E. I've seen some online reviews with some mixed feedback. I was looking into Parcel Motel or seeing if I can get a Post Office box at the An Post Collection Centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Used parcel motel loads of times.

Never an issue and quite often get stuff delivered on a Saturday in the north and into Parcel Motel Sunday.

Used both in Kilkenny and no issues with either.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Been using them since they opened the first locker in Kilkenny, never had any problems with them.
    Mainly used them in the past for stuff from Amazon if I wanted it super quick as I could use Prime to order the item to UK address for delivery Friday and then collect in Kilkenny on Saturday morning.

But now Amazon does Prime to Ireland I've massively reduced Parcel Motel use.

Still useful now and then though

Cabaal wrote: »
    Been using them since they opened the first locker in Kilkenny, never had any problems with them.
    Mainly used them in the past for stuff from Amazon if I wanted it super quick as I could use Prime to order the item to UK address for delivery Friday and then collect in Kilkenny on Saturday morning.

But now Amazon does Prime to Ireland I've massively reduced Parcel Motel use.

Still useful now and then though

Thanks Cabaal.

PaulKK wrote: »
    Used parcel motel loads of times.

Never an issue and quite often get stuff delivered on a Saturday in the north and into Parcel Motel Sunday.

Used both in Kilkenny and no issues with either.

Thanks Paul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Used them hundreds of times since they started and all was fine until ~6 months ago. Twice I went to collect a package in the Waterford Rd locker but the locker wouldn't open. They took it away after the 48 hours was up and redelivered it for another fee. Tried to collect it again and the same thing happened. Third time the locker did open but at that point I had waited almost 6 extra days and paid 3 times for it.

Contacted their support at the time and there was no answer on the phone. I emailed and emailed again and got no reply. Tried Twitter too and got zero back. Their support portal used to be great for logging tickets but they changed it around the time this happened and it's now broken. Try logging onto the support portal now and you'll see yourself.

Everything is great with them as long as you have no issues but sadly I had issues. I fully agree with the poster above, the service has taken a nosedive the past year. I've used Parcel Wizard since and it's flawless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Dymo

I was a strong user of Parcel Motel but with their change in customer service and the delivery service not being as good as before I made the switch.

One time I had to contact their customer support (Someone else's package was in my locker with my own) they were terrible I had to send a couple of emails and tried to call them, so the package could get to the owner. Kinda lost faith in them if I had a valuable package.

I now use address pal and collect it at the Post Office or if something more important I pay the €2 more and get the postman to deliver it.

Advertisement