Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No fun no more

• 25-08-2019 10:02am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭

Looking for the opinions of non liberal or the political correct brigade...

Just asking the normal people, do you think it's gone to far with all these fascists and left leaning cross people being forever offended.
    And a lot of the old sick joke's cause offence to these precious snow flakes...

I haven't heard anyone from the left sound funny unless of course it's me laughing at their idiocricy....

I love a good sick twisted joke now and again, it's a ****ing joke not an observation or judgment...

It's meant to be funny....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

They are facists.

The biggest threat to their movement are people who do not agree with their exact opinions. I put it down to fat middle aged single women teaching in universities, that is where it is all starting. They have infiltrated the social sciences and they are targeting other disciplines next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,396 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Whatever about what happens on Twitter or Facebook (and I use neither) there are more posts or threads on Boards offended about people they imagine are being offended so not sure who the “snowflakes” really are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Sure even the lgbtoqdsaewhgdr whatever it is these days is getting out of hand.....

Don't see straight people marching for straight days do you?

Gender equality but yet most businesses including government pushing for women open days and getting more women in higher up jobs etc....

Wouldn't see a male open day or male work drive etc....

Economic migrants discussion yields racist card to be thrown at any person whom questions how it's handled.

I believe we haven't seen the worst of it yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

Well I am very tollerent of people's lifestyle choices and different aspects of sexuality.

I've gay friend's and when I meet them I say how's the bender today, or you fudge packer etc
    Shirt lifter you...

I know a priest I tell him frequently he's wasting his time believing in sky fairies, but stick with the job because you've a free house, great wages and can give a great rant at the alter....

Neither of these people are offended, the priest is as mad. As s box of frog's.

My gay friends are old school gay's 40+ not sensitive etc

I can call them a bunch of ******'s and they think it's hillarious it's a ****ing joke e banter....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Sure even the lgbtoqdsaewhgdr whatever it is these days is getting out of hand.....

Don't see straight people marching for straight days do you?

Gender equality but yet most businesses including government pushing for women open days and getting more women in higher up jobs etc....

Wouldn't see a male open day or male work drive etc....

Economic migrants discussion yields racist card to be thrown at any person whom questions how it's handled.

I believe we haven't seen the worst of it yet.

No one entirely cares about men though do they.
    Anything happens a man it's hilarious. If it happens a woman they have a talkshow about it and magazines. All the bells and whistles. Men out there breaking their bollixes working while feminists shout about "equality" in air conditioned office jobs.

There's definitely been a loss of collective male masculinity in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭Panrich

nthclare wrote: »
    Well I am very tollerent of people's lifestyle choices and different aspects of sexuality.

I've gay friend's and when I meet them I say how's the bender today, or you fudge packer etc
    Shirt lifter you...

I know a priest I tell him frequently he's wasting his time believing in sky fairies, but stick with the job because you've a free house, great wages and can give a great rant at the alter....

Neither of these people are offended, the priest is as mad. As s box of frog's.

My gay friends are old school gay's 40+ not sensitive etc

I can call them a bunch of ******'s and they think it's hillarious it's a ****ing joke e banter....

In fairness you do sound like you’re great craic.

myshirt wrote: »
    No one entirely cares about men though do they.
    Anything happens a man it's hilarious. If it happens a woman they have a talkshow about it and magazines. All the bells and whistles. Men out there breaking their bollixes working while feminists shout about "equality" in air conditioned office jobs.

There's definitely been a loss of collective male masculinity in Ireland.

There was a time when men could be brash, alpha and be thick and ignorant without any judgement.....

Now men a lot of the so called millennials have turned out to be quivering wrecks and soft.

I love being a smart arse sometimes, saying things that's not considered funny is fun.

If you don't like it you can go **** yourself, simple as..

Panrich wrote: »
    In fairness you do sound like you’re great craic.

Maybe a bit cracked too lol

No seriously I was on twitter there recently and some of the absolute bile coming from these libtards and lefty Sjw types was horrific.

Look it's like this, we have some people left in society who love saying offensive things because it's funny to be offensive..

My bottom line is not to laugh at people's physical appearance, don't laugh at people's misfortune or bad luck, leave the disabled both physical and mentally people out of it too....

Every one else is fair game as far as I'm concerned.

Open season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Just asking the normal people, do you think it's gone to far with all these fascists and left leaning cross people being forever offended.

I haven't heard anyone from the left sound funny unless of course it's me laughing at their idiocricy....

I love a good sick twisted joke now and again, it's a ****ing joke not an observation or judgment...

Frankie Boyles an out and out leftie. You wont find much more offensive comedy than his.

greencap wrote: »
    Frankie Boyles an out and out leftie. You wont find much more offensive comedy than his.

Is he offending anyone ?

• Advertisement

greencap wrote: »
    Yes.

Who's he offending ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,136 ✭✭✭Odhinn

He's beyond Sick, he's actually vile

He's ****ing hillarious though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I love Frankie Boyles comedy. I watched the Jimmy Carr special on Netflix and loved it so much I bought tickets to see him and that was shockingly offensive. I'd consider myself liberal

I understand that their comedy isn't for everyone but I don't think that makes those people a snowflake. Comedy is subjective.

They don't do it to offend they do it as they can express themselves and fair fools as they are extremely talented and funny but of course one comedian I like may not suit another.....

They need material and things happen....

People need to just chill more....

OP has a whine about folk being over-sensitive, then proceeds to be offended by a comedian whose political beliefs clash with his own. Not setting the bar very high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,007 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

The left is a different beast from 20 years ago.

It is now a middle class movement, moved away from those who were activists as a necessity to those who are because they were looking for a cause du jour.

People like that decades ago tended to join the priesthood and lecture from the pulpit or scream and shout at natives on the mission.

The righteousness and often snobbery of the modern Left is a real turn off.

After the free market fanatics nearly collapsed the global economy in 2007, on the worst recession in decades, the left, of all hues, is an also ran, seeing its biggest fall in votes in Work ing Class areas, yet is incapable of reflection.

The left as we know it are done, a dying political force across the West.

New forms, relevant forms will arise in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,007 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

He has some bad points too though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

The problem is media outlets, pushing stories to get more likes or advertising click. Some stories actually deserve airing and outrage, the problem is most do not.

The problem is always the same, some so called journalist thralls twitter for someone to be offended about some bollox, one outraged post is all the "journalist" needs to write a story on, this story is now about the subject mater one idiot was offended about, but obviously seen its now a published story, there alot more engagement, 99% of which will be people saying "I can't believe this lefty perpetually offended...."

The topic of the subject mater, if it's a person or group, will now have to take some action, alot of the time apologising or disowning the subject mater and in some cases ruining something that does not deserve to be attacked. More people comment, again 99% in disagreeing but 1% shouting loudest and ultimately its this small segment that will need to be appeased with some social sacrifice.

Over time it will be forgotten but the damage is done, 1% and the so called media is all it takes to blow something out of proportion and at the end of the day, the flames were fanned for capitalism and advertising revenue.
    Wash, rinse and repeat.

OP has a whine about folk being over-sensitive, then proceeds to be offended by a comedian whose political beliefs clash with his own. Not setting the bar very high.

Op puts up another post saying his bottom lines are slagging off the disabled and mentally ill people and unwarranted misfortune..

I didn't say I was offended I said he was vile, Equate vile and offensive...

A friend of mine is a sick mofulkka but I don't get offended by him....

Bertie obviously doesn't taste much from the trough hes drinking from..

Neighhhh

Op puts up another post saying his bottom lines are slagging off the disabled and mentally ill people and unwarranted misfortune..

I didn't say I was offended I said he was vile, Equate vile and offensive...

A friend of mine is a sick mofulkka but I don't get offended by him....

Bertie obviously doesn't taste much from the trough hes drinking from..

Neighhhh

Wtf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,123 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

My personal belief is that both left and right are gobsh1tes

I'm me and I punish people....

...not your fault they fucked up your movies.

Odhinn wrote: »
    Wtf?

troll thread.

poor one. dont feed.

Odhinn wrote: »
    ...not your fault they fucked up your movies.

I'm also on Netflix
    5112 is confirmed kills...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,490 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

None of the people I suspect you are complaining about are "left leaning". They are single issue shouters with nary an idea in their heads about real "left" issues, such as workers rights, healthcare or the rising cost of living.

Most of these clowns, that people on here get so upset about are also from America, where THERE IS NO LEFT AND NEVER HAS BEEN. They are privileged middle class college kids playing at leftie issues and seeking easy victories, like "gay rights". They go and get a job in daddy's company when they leave uni.

These arseholes are only "the left" to those on the right and those on the right are happy to strawman the left on that basis.

But most people who are genuinely left leaning are just as bemused at the blue haired brigade as those on the right are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,490 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Nah, you're only the 5112th version of you.

Advertisement