Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ultimate Crisp Tournament

1909192939496»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,244 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    JUst back from Lidl, and i'm quite frankly, insulted at what they've done. Nothing but Lentil crisps this, and carrot crisp that.

fúck that noise.

So, i thought I couldn't go wrong with their Deluxe Range Mature Cheddar & Red Onion Hand Cooked Crisps.

Problem the first: tasteless. Neither cheesy nor oniony

Problem the second: "Great" British potatoes. Dunno how I didn't see the Union Jack in the top corner of the packet.

Problem the Third: No MSG. You pack of cúnts. MSG is a NATURAL flavouring. It's what gives good tasting things that good taste. Its Umami. Some shaky bastard had a dose of the shakes after a Chinese one night, and suddenly MSG is the bad guy. FúCK off. No, MSG needs to be added back into everything it was taken out of.

We are all suffering as a result.

I think, perhaps, your palate has been influenced by what I term "flavour inflation" in crisps. Over the last 15 years or so, crisps have gotten more and more strongly flavoured and, yes, sweet. People can no longer taste flavour unless it bangs them over the head these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,153 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

JUst back from Lidl, and i'm quite frankly, insulted at what they've done. Nothing but Lentil crisps this, and carrot crisp that.

fúck that noise.

Aldi is your man, G.

Salt and vinegar “Stackers”, their imitation “Chipsticks” and their “Okie Dokies” are all dynamite.

Even the BBQ “Stackers” are good.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Aldi is your man, G.

Salt and vinegar “Stackers”, their imitation “Chipsticks” and their “Okie Dokies” are all dynamite.

Even the BBQ “Stackers” are good.

They do a decent knock off Might much

Crazy monstors they might be called

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,153 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Haven’t chanced them yet, S. What flavours do they have?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

fúck that noise.

So, i thought I couldn't go wrong with their Deluxe Range Mature Cheddar & Red Onion Hand Cooked Crisps.

Best post of the whole thread, G. Like Tayto C&O but for high-level ****.

If you ever wrong a loved one and feel like punishing yourself harder than they ever could, try these c*nts...
    5205307_45.jpgPicked them up one day without looking properly and my tongue nearly shot itself on first contact. Threw the whole bag straight in the f*ckin bin with gusto. I didn't even offer them to anyone else for fear I'd be hauled up in front of the Workplace Relations Commission.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Haven’t chanced them yet, S. What flavours do they have?

Pickled Onion and possible beef, pickled onion did the job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭Homelander

Yeah, the Aldi versions are amazing, better than actual Monster Munch at this point, taste more like 90's MM. Lidl version aren't great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

I've had time to reflect on things since the cluster **** of last nitgt. While I still think tayto voters are the most disagreeable and unimaginative peado lovers I have ever come across, I've tempered in my view of how the competition was run.

Have to say I think Omackeral did a good job throughout the tournement. Kept his cool when so many others would have been handing out cards and bans. This new boards ie is very welcome. Hopefully a sign of things to come.

Even that false prophet dude was OK I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Bacon Fries
    Someone always has to take it too far and ruins it for everyone else.

Thread closed by request and because Paddy lost the run of himself :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement