Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long should I wait for an answer regarding proposal?

Options
  • 25-08-2019 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I submitted a proposal regarding some recommendations that I can conducted to improve the campaign. I mentioned this to my manager and was advised to put it in writing which would be just a brief outline of what I was thinking of doing which I did quickly.

Manager advised me this would be passed to the centre head but this was 3 months ago and still there has been no developments. My manager has communicated with me a couple of times first letting me know my ideas was passed to the centre head and just short of 3 months advised me that the hold up is with the centre head.

Obviously I understand centre head is an extremely busy man but how much longer do I have to wait before I feel like I've been taken for a mug? Don't forget this is just a proposal that I would like to further prove by way of a short presentation so there is backbone to my ideas.

I just feel frustrated and powerless. I have not worked for the company that long but I doubt if it was someone from a senior position suggesting some ideas that could potentially improve the campaign that it would take this long.

Any advice on how to go about this? If it takes 6 months to come back to me; should I really be motivated to follow this up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭Augme

Sounds like there isn't anything else you can do but wait. I get you are frustrated but I don't see why the length of time it takes to get an answer should effect your motivation to carry out the recommendations.

Advertisement