Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump and the 25th amendment

Options
  • 25-08-2019 6:44pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭

The 25th amendment to the US constitution rules that if the current President can no longer continue his role due to death, resignation or in Trump's case "inability".

Trump is most certainly "unable to discharge his duties" now. His inability to remember what he said the day before. His slurring of words and his total addiction to fentanyl. Constant sniffing, lack of sleep, manic depressive episodes.

64% of Americans say Trump is worthless. Trump's approval has never broken 50%, a record in US politics.

Is it time to eject Trump from office for his total lack of skill or experience to do the job?

Robert Mueller told us that arrest is waiting for Trump when he leaves the White House. Trump will die in jail post indictment, as his friends Manafort and Stone. It must be some predicament to get voted out of the White House and get handcuffed on the same day. That is what Trump is facing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

TDS.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

He'll make it another 4 years, best of luck OP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭Dog Man Star

If Trump does not win the 2020 election, he will leave the White House after one miserable term and be arrested on his way out, facing a trial that he will not win and be jailed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭Dog Man Star

He won the 2016 election by 75,000 votes, all of which have long gone. He will be destroyed in the 2020 election.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The Trump focus in this forum is bordering on insane.

scream-thumbnail-small.png?1508958626

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

He won the 2016 election by 75,000 votes, all of which have long gone. He will be destroyed in the 2020 election.

No he won't because there isn't one candidate on the Democratic side who will even come close to getting him out.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96301773&postcount=861 I called it in 2015 and im calling it now, DJT getting my lock of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,872 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Depending on if they're gone in the right places due to the electoral college, and depending on how many democrat votes are lost due to voter suppression measures.

Don't underestimate Trump's chances. Not for a second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

He'll easily do another 4 years. Will his insane enemies make it is the question.

If Trump does not win the 2020 election, he will leave the White House after one miserable term and be arrested on his way out, facing a trial that he will not win and be jailed.

2 and a half years of this bull**** and the Dems still can't find anything. And Leftists wonder why they're called NPCs now. Still parroting bull**** with nothing behind them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

He won, get over it, Hilary!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

3 likely, possibly even 4 Supreme Court Justices nominated.
    2024 effective departure date.

That is likely for Trump.

Article 25 discussions are for the pub.

Nothing wrong with them but not a serious topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 untz again

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty-fifth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

section 4 of the 25th amendment, slightly edited for clarity
    . Whenever the Vice President and a majority of principal officers of the executive departments transmit to the Speaker of the House written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Thereafter, when the President transmits to the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of the principal officers of the executive department transmit within four days to the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office.

Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office

It will never get that far, but theres no way two thirds of both houses would vote to remove trump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Trump is going to win this election easily.

It won't be Reagan v Mondale, but Biden, for it will be him, has not got a chance.

biko wrote: »
    The Trump focus in this forum is bordering on insane.

scream-thumbnail-small.png?1508958626

My favourite Trump election meme.

But I hope the lady in question has sought and received appropriate help from mental health care professionals - she clearly needed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Trump is going to win this election easily.

It won't be Reagan v Mondale, but Biden, for it will be him, has not got a chance.

Sad state of affairs when Biden is the best the Democratic Party have to offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

I think everyone is fed up with the trump chaos.
    He’s also achieved very little.
    He remains very unpopular.
    If the downturn happens before the election, he’s gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Not a hope that anything will happen involving the 25th amendment. Not a hope.

If Clinton didn’t get impeached, no president ever will.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

I do think he'll win in 2020 alright simply because his fans will be fans no matter what.

However I genuinely believe he's suffering dementia and it will only get worse as he gets older so he may have to be removed at some stage.

Regan got away with it because we didn't have mobiles and Twitter back then and he was very much managed but Trump can't get away with it for another 5 years IMO. These illnesses can be very fast progressing.

I've never heard anything about the Fentanyl addiction but that can only make it a lot worse if true.

• Advertisement

My favourite Trump election meme.

But I hope the lady in question has sought and received appropriate help from mental health care professionals - she clearly needed it.

She was faking it. She looked straight at the camera before going into her screaming act.

I think everyone is fed up with the trump chaos.
    He’s also achieved very little.
    He remains very unpopular.
    If the downturn happens before the election, he’s gone.

He's popular among a key demographic - people who actually vote. Most polls with his numbers in the toilet are online ones where people who cannot or probably wont actually vote vent their frustrations.

He's achieved quite a lot of what he said he would, he has served his party pretty well and has more importantly succeeded in his own job every day - keep in the media spotlight.

Downturn or not, Donny is going nowhere till 2024.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    She was faking it. She looked straight at the camera before going into her screaming act.

Confirming that she has mental health problems. :)

pinkyeye wrote: »
    I do think he'll win in 2020 alright simply because his fans will be fans no matter what.

However I genuinely believe he's suffering dementia and it will only get worse as he gets older so he may have to be removed at some stage.

Regan got away with it because we didn't have mobiles and Twitter back then and he was very much managed but Trump can't get away with it for another 5 years IMO. These illnesses can be very fast progressing.

I've never heard anything about the Fentanyl addiction but that can only make it a lot worse if true.

There's no proof that he's on Fentanyl. Just more fake news bs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    There's no proof that he's on Fentanyl. Just more fake news bs.

Inclined to agree, it's genuine dementia.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

He's popular among a key demographic - people who actually vote. Most polls with his numbers in the toilet are online ones where people who cannot or probably wont actually vote vent their frustrations.

He's achieved quite a lot of what he said he would, he has served his party pretty well and has more importantly succeeded in his own job every day - keep in the media spotlight.

Downturn or not, Donny is going nowhere till 2024.

Except with black voters, Jewish voters, gay voters, young voters, women, college educated and Latinos.

What has he achieved that he promised?

I don’t trust the polls either, there can be no complacency like with Hillary.
    All demographics need to be targeted by the dems.
    List all his faults are failures and run on that.

He’s out next year.
    In fact he’ll get obliterated.

Except with black voters, Jewish voters, gay voters, young voters, women, college educated and Latinos.

He’s out next year.

Older jewish voters may surprise us this time round with all he's done for israel. Nobody has really polled them since, I reckon thats secured him florida.

Black voters are increasingly, for the first time departing the democrats. Regardless of who's responsibility it was, black unemployment is the lowest its been in the US and donny is taking credit, there are a lot more black Trump supporters than you think.

Latinos - cubans love the guy, a lot of legal latino immigrants are huge fans of the guy, they resent their relatives who came in illegally.

women for trump is a huge movement and if the other side is creepy joe biden, theres a lot more women won't go for joe.

young voters don't turn up at the ballot box.

College educated ...... up to making 120k a year, after that they start leaning heavily GOP.

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Inclined to agree, it's genuine dementia.

Pelosi needs to be removed for dementia first. Its amazing she can string a sentence together any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

The 25th amendment to the US constitution rules that if the current President can no longer continue his role due to death, resignation or in Trump's case "inability".Trump is most certainly "unable to discharge his duties" now. His inability to remember what he said the day before. His slurring of words and his total addiction to fentanyl. Constant sniffing, lack of sleep, manic depressive episodes.64% of Americans say Trump is worthless. Trump's approval has never broken 50%, a record in US politics.Is it time to eject Trump from office for his total lack of skill or experience to do the job?Robert Mueller told us that arrest is waiting for Trump when he leaves the White House. Trump will die in jail post indictment, as his friends Manafort and Stone. It must be some predicament to get voted out of the White House and get handcuffed on the same day. That is what Trump is facing.

Help me out here. Reading between the lines are you saying you don't like Trump?

Of interest what do you think of Angela Merkel's future role in politics and the videos indicating she may have some form of of medical condition / tremors ?

• Advertisement

He’s out next year.

Lowest Black unemployment rate in history. And a person who grew up in NYC the narrative that all Latinos favor illegal immigration really is fake news. They see it as a slap in the face to them to doing it the right way.

And do Tell. How has the First Official Pro Gay Marriage President [Obama doesn't get this distinction because he initially as a Traditional Marriage candidate] been horrible to the gay community?

Just because he's not filtering his message through political filters like the Democrats doesn't mean he hates them. He's treating them all equally as Americans. Isn't that what you actually want?

Advertisement