Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump and the 25th amendment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    You constantly lie about your own side. Practice what preach.

Prove what you claim, otherwise you are and remain a liar. Why do you keep trying to engage me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Overheal wrote: »
    Prove what you claim, otherwise you are and remain a liar. Why do you keep trying to engage me?

Your side being violent is all over the internet. Because I love ****ing with hacks like you.

Conservative run businesses were not refusing to serve Obama voters. Conservatives did not disrupt traffic and near riot in their cities when Obama won. And the Tea party did not wear ski masks/balaclavas and assault anyone with an Obama logo hat or anyone they assumed was an Obama supporters. And Conservatives definitely weren't "doxxing" people for wrong think.

This is the Left. The Left is the Nazis and Fascists that they claim to be against.
    Lots of misinformation there ^
    Nope. All true. Not my fault you can't handle the truth of your side's tactics.
    All true? 100%?
    Yes. Please dislodge you head from your rectum. It's been going on since Trump won.
    One incident does not make me a liar.

I'll let that speak for itself :rolleyes:

I'll let that speak for itself :rolleyes:

Yeah, that you're full of ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

LOL@ huffington post. You really are desperate to save your side.

The video embedded in the article illustrating the protest is from Fox News :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

phutyle wrote: »
    The video embedded in the article illustrating the protest is from Fox News :rolleyes:

Wompwomp

phutyle wrote: »

So 2 incidents still doesn't erase the Left's antics in the last near 3 years at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mod: Overheal / JohnMc1 - stop please. Walk away from your keyboards for a bit.

All true? 100%?
    Yes.

One incident does not make me a liar.

So 2 incidents still doesn't erase the Left's antics in the last near 3 years at this stage.

ConcernedPrestigiousLacewing-small.gif

(Does it erase it? Lol, no, and nobody had tried arguing it did.)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

All right... all right... but apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I think it's more...
    He won, get over it, Hilary!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

The political climate has certainly turned much nastier under Trump's administration. Would anyone dispute this?

Some say it's Trump's fault.

Other's say its the fault of people reacting to Trump, this is the camp I'm in.

I disagree with the political climate’s vitriolic originations but I don’t think pointing fingers is going to make it less nasty. Russia literally ran psyops with troll farms sowing division in the US political climate, making people distrusting of their own government on both sides; politicians played egregious tit for tat games and their voters didn’t call them out they cheered them on. But here we are dumbing it down again to “right vs left”

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Kimsang wrote: »
    Crazy loons under Obama: 1
    Crazy loons under Trump: Nearly entire democratic party

Its not exactly an even score.

To say the least, and not just the democrat party either as a good chunk of the US clearly show signs of being off their meds if their social media offerings are anything to go by.
    No point engaging with a flagrant liar.

There is no comparison between the non-stop illogical outrage which we have seen since Trump came down that escalator to the occasional occurrence of it during Obama's eight year tenure. All you did was show that someone was unaware of some examples of those occasional happenings. You in no way showed them to be a "liar" let alone a flagrant one.

“Occasional occurrence” :pac:

The right was so obsessed with finding fault they were down to burger condiments and a tan suit, every night they tried to tie everything he did or said or didn’t say to Hitler - openly, and on news television. Didn’t even start talking about Birthergate or Benghazi. Literal, non-stop, illogical, outrage.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If the downturn happens before the election, he’s gone.
    Which in itself says a lot.

There's an actual racist in the President's chair. Who has made racist comments from his position.

He's a known sexual abuser, a compulsive liar, who has significant links to paedophile networks.

It's clear to anyone with more than two brain cells to rub together that he's physically and mentally unfit to lead a dog, never mind a country.

And yet, Americans will only do anything about him if their own pockets are hit.

Sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

seamus wrote: »
    Which in itself says a lot.

There's an actual racist in the President's chair. Who has made racist comments from his position.

He's a known sexual abuser, a compulsive liar, who has significant links to paedophile networks.

It's clear to anyone with more than two brain cells to rub together that he's physically and mentally unfit to lead a dog, never mind a country.

And yet, Americans will only do anything about him if their own pockets are hit.

Sad.
    I don't think Bill Clinton is president any more.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Kimsang wrote: »
    The political climate has certainly turned much nastier under Trump's administration. Would anyone dispute this?

Some say it's Trump's fault.

Other's say its the fault of people reacting to Trump, this is the camp I'm in.

I'd say both. You always have fringe elements in the wings. Trump has made ignorance and racism excusable. Both the Evangelicals and Republicans are happy to nod along as long as he enacts policies they like. Doesn't say much for their morals or ethics.

notobtuse wrote: »
    I don't think Bill Clinton is president any more.

Birds of a feather

Donald_Trump_and_Bill_Clinton.jpg

“Occasional occurrence” :pac:

The right was so obsessed with finding fault they were down to burger condiments and a tan suit, every night they tried to tie everything he did or said or didn’t say to Hitler - openly, and on news television. Didn’t even start talking about Birthergate or Benghazi. Literal, non-stop, illogical, outrage.

Nonsense. It's absurd to compare the daily hysteria we have been witnessing for over two years straight to those things you cite which were measured in comparison. Western society wouldn't hear a bad word about Obama. Mostly complaints about Obama were laughed at, even the legitimate ones. Despite today's non-stop cry wolfing being disproportionate in the extreme it is endorsed by the mainstream media.

Hell, they aren't just a conduit for it, more often than not they are the source of it. Recently we even heard the claim aired on MSNBC that Trump only flew the Mexican flag at half mast until the 8th of the 8th because H is the eight letter of the alphabet and therefore 8/8 is HH, Hitler's initials:

Guess at least it makes a change from CNN where the hosts and guests just tend to be in tears when talking about Trump.

Then there's the black actor Jussie Smollet who put a noose around his own neck and said he was told 'This is MAGA country' and some who even assault themselves and blame Trump on it:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/florida-woman-stabs-herself-blames-trump

To suggest that the societal reaction to Donald J's presidency has been similar to that of Obama's... is quite frankly laughable.

• Advertisement

Jussie Smollet is a moron. So was Ashley Todd. But you keep trying to make this out to be a one-side-only problem and get back to me with your next withering retort Pete.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Nonsense. It's absurd to compare the daily hysteria we have been witnessing for over two years straight to those things you cite which were measured in comparison. Western society wouldn't hear a bad word about Obama. Mostly complaints about Obama were laughed at, even the legitimate ones. Despite today's non-stop cry wolfing being disproportionate in the extreme it is endorsed by the mainstream media.

Hell, they aren't just a conduit for it, more often than not they are the source of it. Recently we even heard the claim aired on MSNBC that Trump only flew the Mexican flag at half mast until the 8th of the 8th because H is the eight letter of the alphabet and therefore 8/8 is HH, Hitler's initials:

Guess at least it makes a change from CNN where the hosts and guests just tend to be in tears when talking about Trump.

Then there's the black actor Jussie Smollet who put a noose around his own neck and said he was told 'This is MAGA country' and some who even assault themselves and blame Trump on it:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/florida-woman-stabs-herself-blames-trump

To suggest that the societal reaction to Donald J's presidency has been similar to that of Obama's... is quite frankly laughable.
    Did you see where the NY Times is crying about people on the right doing exactly what the NY Times does... going back through people's public online posting history and will do that the NYT does... expose it. I guess the NYT feels their 'journalists' are better than other folk. And it's 'do what I say, not as I do.' Apparently what is about to come out indicates many on staff at the Times should be demoted or fired... if they uphold the same standards they expect others to uphold. More on that tomorrow... gotta go.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Did you see where the NY Times is crying about people on the right doing exactly what the NY Times does... going back through people's public online posting history and will do that the NYT does... expose it. I guess the NYT feels their 'journalists' are better than other folk. And it's 'do what I say, not as I do.' Apparently what is about to come out indicates many on staff at the Times should be demoted or fired... if they uphold the same standards they expect others to uphold. More on that tomorrow... gotta go.
    What was the headline I saw...

“Trump Allies Targeting Journalists Are Following Media Matters Template: NY Times”

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/pro-trump-group-planning-anti-journalist-attacks-reportedly-following-media-matters-template/

To which you ask ‘and?’ as it’s all just tit for tat.

Maybe one day the alt-right will host its own fact-checking websites too so they can stop complaining about biases from Snopes and Politifact.

Jussie Smollet is a moron. So was Ashley Todd. But you keep trying to make this out to be a one-side-only problem and get back to me with your next withering retort Pete.

They're all nuts, that's the point and when I seen you mention an Ashley I thought for sure it was gonna be Ashley Judd given she had said Trump's election was harder to deal with than being molested as a child but there's a lot to choose from isn't there, Trump hating TDS sufferers are everywhere. Madonna wanting to burn down the white house, celebs saying they'd emigrate if he were elected. Did any follow through with that?

The NY Times is an embarrassment to America at this stage. A shadow of what they used to be. Recently caught planning the narrative they intend to hold to with regards to how they report on Donald J:
    New York Times chief outlines coverage shift: From Trump-Russia to Trump racism

Dean Baquet, the executive editor of the New York Times, said recently that, after the Mueller report, the paper has to shift the focus of its coverage from the Trump-Russia affair to the president's alleged racism.

"We built our newsroom to cover one story, and we did it truly well," Baquet said. "Now we have to regroup, and shift resources and emphasis to take on a different story."

Baquet made the remarks at an employee town hall Monday. A recording was leaked to Slate, which published a transcript Thursday.

In the beginning of the Trump administration, the Times geared up to cover the Russia affair, Baquet explained. "Chapter 1 of the story of Donald Trump, not only for our newsroom but, frankly, for our readers, was: Did Donald Trump have untoward relationships with the Russians, and was there obstruction of justice? That was a really hard story, by the way, let's not forget that. We set ourselves up to cover that story. I'm going to say it. We won two Pulitzer Prizes covering that story. And I think we covered that story better than anybody else."

But then came the Mueller report, with special counsel Robert Mueller failing to establish that the Trump campaign conspired or coordinated with Russia to fix the 2016 election. "The day Bob Mueller walked off that witness stand, two things happened," Baquet continued. "Our readers who want Donald Trump to go away suddenly thought, 'Holy f***, Bob Mueller is not going to do it.' And Donald Trump got a little emboldened politically, I think. Because, you know, for obvious reasons. And I think that the story changed. A lot of the stuff we're talking about started to emerge like six or seven weeks ago. We're a little tiny bit flat-footed. I mean, that's what happens when a story looks a certain way for two years. Right?"

Baquet used the gentlest terms possible — "the story changed" — but the fact is, the conspiracy-coordination allegation the Times had devoted itself to pursuing turned out to be false. Beyond that, Democrats on Capitol Hill struggled to press an obstruction case against the president. The Trump-Russia hole came up dry.

Now, Baquet continued, "I think that we've got to change." The Times must "write more deeply about the country, race, and other divisions."

"I mean, the vision for coverage for the next two years is what I talked about earlier: How do we cover a guy who makes these kinds of remarks?" Baquet said. "How do we cover the world's reaction to him? How do we do that while continuing to cover his policies? How do we cover America, that's become so divided by Donald Trump?"

The town hall was spurred by angry reaction, both inside and outside the Times, to a headline that many on the Left faulted for being insufficiently anti-Trump. After the El Paso shootings, when the president denounced white supremacy, the Times published a page-one story with the heading, "Trump Urges Unity Vs. Racism."

"I think one of the reasons people have such a problem with a headline like this ... is because they care so much," one staffer said to Baquet. "And they depend on the New York Times. They are depending on us to keep kicking down the doors and getting through, because they need that right now. It's a very scary time."

Baquet vowed a transition to a new "vision" for the paper for the next two years. "How do we grapple with all the stuff you all are talking about?" he said to the staffer. "How do we write about race in a thoughtful way, something we haven't done in a large way in a long time? That, to me, is the vision for coverage. You all are going to have to help us shape that vision. But I think that's what we're going to have to do for the rest of the next two years."

The headline controversy, it appears, was a preview of a new 2019-2020 New York Times. If Baquet follows through, the paper will spend the next two years, which just happens to be the run-up to the 2020 presidential election, building the Trump-is-a-racist narrative. (Baquet added, almost as an afterthought, that the Times will "continue to cover his policies.")

The employee town hall was not intended to be public. But the Times is a news organization, and no one could be surprised that a recording of it leaked, possibly by Times employees who want to push Baquet in an even more anti-Trump direction. In any event, it's now public. And the results will play out for the next two years.

And if all this wasn't bad enough, a couple of weeks ago the NY Times actually rolled back their front page headline when liberal leftists whinged about it on Twitter......
    nyt2.jpg
    https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1159049603209158656

Talk about letting the tail wag the dog.

That’s not shocking, every outlet has the stories they want to focus on or the narrative they want to push. Eg. You’ll never see much coverage on Fox that is negative to the GOP. The POTUS has his own allies in print as well.

The Ashley I chose is because like Smollet she hoaxed an attack on herself. Unlike Smollet who did it for personal fame, she did it to advance John McCain to the presidency, whom she volunteered for at the time.

You're making my point for me.

We're talking about the New York Times and in defense of them and their behaviour you're citing Fox News.

Think about that.

There's people on loose from insane asylums saner than CNN's psychiatrist :P

https://twitter.com/ARmastrangelo/status/1165729419039846413

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

There's people on loose from insane asylums saner than CNN's psychiatrist :P

https://twitter.com/ARmastrangelo/status/1165729419039846413

Alana's Twitter makes for some good reading :) How do you end up following these people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭the-island-man

As a challenger to Trump in the next election what about Beto O'Rourke?

Hard to tell whether he's his own man or if he just tries to mimic the same charismatic style of speeches that Obama was famous for delivering.

Advertisement