Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump and the 25th amendment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,509 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You're making my point for me.

We're talking about the New York Times and in defense of them and their behaviour you're citing Fox News.

Think about that.

Sorry let me [ironic edit: Be] clearer,

I'm patently aware NYT and other outlets have biases, as I said a minute ago. I'm not defending them, I'm constructing upon our discussion. Why defend someone that doesn't even want me reading their **** for less than $1/month?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

If Trump does not win the 2020 election, he will leave the White House after one miserable term and be arrested on his way out, facing a trial that he will not win and be jailed.

Keep dreaming.
    As a challenger to Trump in the next election what about Beto O'Rourke?

Hard to tell whether he's his own man or if he just tries to mimic the same charismatic style of speeches that Obama was famous for delivering.

Why would O'Rourke make a good challenger?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

There's people on loose from insane asylums saner than CNN's psychiatrist :P

https://twitter.com/ARmastrangelo/status/1165729419039846413

That, and the Mexican flag/HH thing, are both certainly crazy conspiracy theory stuff. No one should be taking them seriously, and responsible media platforms shouldn’t be giving them the time of day.

Just like the loony “birther” drivel that was all over Fox News and other media outlets, backed by prominent conservative commentators and public figures, during Obama’s presidency, claiming he wasn't a US citizen and therefore ineligible to be President.

Alana Mastrangelo's fear of “putting these kinds of people in charge” should of course be read in the context that the current US president was a vocal proponent of the birther conspiracy theory. And the equally ridiculous conspiracy theory that Obama was a secret Muslim. And the equally ridiculous conspiracy theories regarding the Clintons (Pizzagate, etc).

It's one thing to worry about some loon with crazy and totally unfounded beliefs getting into power (even though he isn't even standing for office). It's quite another to actually have it happen, and then be a supporter of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

As a challenger to Trump in the next election what about Beto O'Rourke?

Hard to tell whether he's his own man or if he just tries to mimic the same charismatic style of speeches that Obama was famous for delivering.

Trump will tear him apart for his fake Latino act much like would with Elizabeth Warren and her fake Native American act [until it turned out that she was Whiter than a bar of Ivory soap]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Trump will tear him apart for his fake Latino act much like would with Elizabeth Warren and her fake Native American act [until it turned out that she was Whiter than a bar of Ivory soap]

If you’ve to resort to name calling of your opponent, instead of debating their policies, then you shouldn’t be president.
    Warren is a very smart woman, she’d tear trump apart.

• Advertisement

If you’ve to resort to name calling of your opponent, instead of debating their policies, then you shouldn’t be president.
    Warren is a very smart woman, she’d tear trump apart.

LOL.@ Warren being smart.

Your side is constantly screaming "Racist", "Nazi","Islamaphobe", "Bigot", etc to deflect from their ****ty policies. Maybe they take your advise then and not run for any office.

Your side is constantly screaming "Racist", "Nazi","Islamaphobe", "Bigot", etc to deflect from their ****ty policies. Maybe they take your advise then and not run for any office.

And ‘your side’ is constantly complaining about being called out on their racism, bigotry, xenophobia, islamaphobia, etc. so what’s the problem? “How dare you call a spade a spade!”

What’s my side?
    You do know this is Ireland?
    I’m not running for office, are you okay?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Retired Harvard Law School professor Alan Dershowitz spoke out about FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe’s descriptions of Justice Department meetings where he said officials discussed ousting the president. Dershowitz said that using 25th amendment to oust Trump is "Clearly an attempt at a Coup D'Etat." "Any Justice Department official who even mentioned the 25th amendment in the context of President Trump has committed a grievous offense against the Constitution." "The framers had in mind something very specific, and trying to use the 25th amendment to circumvent impeachment provisions or to circumvent an election is a despicable act of unconstitutional power-grabbing." I wonder if charges could be brought against McCabe and his cronies. Nothing may come out of it except for bankrupting McCabe in defending himself. I’m okay with that.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Dershowitz is a paid spokesperson for Fox News, and has a long history of being a doofus: he’s the attorney who got Epstein his sweetheart deal back in the early 2000’s. More than that he has a fundamental bias in favor and defense of Trump, to hear him suggest something so outrageous is just another day for him, and it will move the needle nowhere.

Edit: just the most recent Dershowitz headlines:

- tried to hold a mock trial to defend biblical figures accused of child molestation (?!?) canceled after Epstein’s suicide...
    - declares Chuck Johnson not an anti-Semite, despite being a Holocaust denier...
    - 1997 op-Ed resurfaces: “statutory rape is an outdated concept.”
    - acted as a political consultant to the WH on their mysterious “Middle East peace plan” that Jared was supposed to have sorted out a few years ago already, gets blasted for it by ethics groups

With the rest being him trying and failing to distance himself from his involvement in Epstein’s 2008 legal trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

phutyle wrote: »
    There's people on loose from insane asylums saner than CNN's psychiatrist :P

https://twitter.com/ARmastrangelo/status/1165729419039846413

That, and the Mexican flag/HH thing, are both certainly crazy conspiracy theory stuff. No one should be taking them seriously, and responsible media platforms shouldn’t be giving them the time of day.

Just like the loony “birther” drivel that was all over Fox News and other media outlets, backed by prominent conservative commentators and public figures, during Obama’s presidency, claiming he wasn't a US citizen and therefore ineligible to be President.

Alana Mastrangelo's fear of “putting these kinds of people in charge” should of course be read in the context that the current US president was a vocal proponent of the birther conspiracy theory. And the equally ridiculous conspiracy theory that Obama was a secret Muslim. And the equally ridiculous conspiracy theories regarding the Clintons (Pizzagate, etc).

It's one thing to worry about some loon with crazy and totally unfounded beliefs getting into power (even though he isn't even standing for office). It's quite another to actually have it happen, and then be a supporter of him.
    Polls showed a majority of registered Republicans believed the looney birther drivel or that Obama was a secret muslim

Nothing to do with the colour of his skin though

What’s my side?
    You do know this is Ireland?
    I’m not running for office, are you okay?

The Left is doing that here in Ireland too. Practice what you preach.

Through your posts you just strike me as someone who lives to fight a keyboard war with “the left.” Very few of your posts fail to mention it or directly implicate it. Which is ironic when the remainder of your posts complain about being labeled as someone, in so many words, who tars whole swathes of people with the same brush.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

notobtuse wrote: »
    I wonder if charges could be brought against McCabe and his cronies. Nothing may come out of it except for bankrupting McCabe in defending himself. I’m okay with that.

Huh? You're asking if charges can be brought against someone for discussing the US Constitution? You are aware of the First Amendment, right?

John is best ignored. He believes repealing the 8th amendment is part of a worldwide conspiracy to wipe out the white race

Billy Mays wrote: »
    John is best ignored. He believes repealing the 8th amendment is part of a worldwide conspiracy to wipe out the white race

Let's see here. After the 8th is repealed Varadkar and co. go on about "How we need these immigrants." Gee. I wonder why people think there's a connection.

Let's see here. After the 8th is repealed Varadkar and co. go on about "How we need these immigrants." Gee. I wonder why people think there's a connection.

So you think a gay white man orchestrated a repeal of your 8th amendment to wipe out the white race?

We have a forum for that.

Because you and people who actually believe it have lost it.

It's actually beyond Alex Jones levels of conspiracy bullsh!t.

A conspiracy to wipe out the white race ffs.

Get some help

Get some help

LOL. So you think its only a coincidence that the biggest "Let Them In" Open Borders supporters are also staunch Pro-Abortionists?

Talk about willful ignorance.

LOL. So you think its only a coincidence that the biggest "Let Them In" Open Borders supporters are also staunch Pro-Abortionists?

You’re equating migrant people to unborn fetuses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Cheers for the heads up on John guys!

Get some help

Actually scratch what I said earlier, you're beyond help

Looks like someone wants to label me!

Actually scratch what I said earlier, you're beyond help

Pot meet kettle. :D

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Cheers for the heads up on John guys!

Cheers for the heads up that you're willfully ignorant.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

I though it was people who are 'white' shaggin people who aren't was to do that. Am dissapoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Overheal wrote: »
    You’re equating migrant people to unborn fetuses.

Yeah, how dare he equate human beings with human beings.

Let me see, how best to get liberals to care about human lives in the womb, hhmm.

I know, maybe this will help: Think of the womb as a cage or maybe even try calling it a concentration camp. if that still doesn't work, imagine instead that guns are used to still the heartbeats of developing babies. Yeah, that should do it. The liberal left hate when innocent lives are taken with firearms.

kg.jpg

Yeah, how dare he equate human beings with human beings.

Let me see, how best to get liberals to care about human lives in the womb, hhmm.

I know, maybe this will help: Think of the womb as a cage or maybe even try calling it a concentration camp. if that still doesn't work, imagine instead that guns are used to still the heartbeats of developing babies. Yeah, that should do it. The liberal left hate when innocent lives are taken with firearms.

kg.jpg

Strawman.

There are marked differences between a migrant adult and an unborn fetus. Both are human in nature, I never claimed the contrary. Good job being up that strawman though you really beat the crap out of it. A for effort.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭Dog Man Star

The Democrats have ten candidates left and five of them are beating Trump in every reputable poll: Biden, Sanders, Warren, Harris and Buttigieg.

By the time they are down to one, it will be a landslide.

10% of those who voted for Trump in 2016 are now dead.

He won by 75,000 votes in the electoral college.

He will lose by a massive margin, as per the 2018 mid-terms, which saw the biggest turnout since 1914 and the biggest swing since Watergate.

Despite the massive ongoing Russian campaign to distribute false information and hack electronic voting machines to change votes, as they did in 2016.

He has lost the black vote, latino vote, young vote and women's vote more than ever over the last year, post mid-terms. The wacky tariffs has lost him the rust belt too. Republican members of Congress are retiring by the minute and he now has two Republican opponents, potentially more, to challenge his position.

Remember - he won by 75,000 votes in 2016, before everything he promised failed. The wall, healthcare and.....ahem....."lock her up".

And as Robert Mueller confirmed, Trump will be arrested the second he leaves office https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRYiPzDP94I

• Advertisement

The Democrats have ten candidates left and five of them are beating Trump in every reputable poll: Biden, Sanders, Warren, Harris and Buttigieg.

By the time they are down to one, it will be a landslide.

10% of those who voted for Trump in 2016 are now dead.

He won by 75,000 votes in the electoral college.

He will lose by a massive margin, as per the 2018 mid-terms, which saw the biggest turnout since 1914 and the biggest swing since Watergate.

Despite the massive ongoing Russian campaign to distribute false information and hack electronic voting machines to change votes, as they did in 2016.

He has lost the black vote, latino vote, young vote and women's vote more than ever over the last year, post mid-terms. The wacky tariffs has lost him the rust belt too. Republican members of Congress are retiring by the minute and he now has two Republican opponents, potentially more, to challenge his position.

Remember - he won by 75,000 votes in 2016, before everything he promised failed. The wall, healthcare and.....ahem....."lock her up".

And as Robert Mueller confirmed, Trump will be arrested the second he leaves office, a la Roger Stone.

Send him to prison!

Advertisement