Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking out an additional

Options
  • 25-08-2019 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Probably a silly question and I think I already know the answer but here goes:

I am in the process of closing off my first home, loan offer is out and all paperwork is issued (on my side) for signature. I am just waiting on the vendor to send over some last bits.

In short, I am wondering can I take out a car loan before the house closes? Unfortunately I have run into car problems and all my cash is wrapped up for the deposit and associated fees etc

Would an additional loan (with a different bank) void my loan offer?

All help appreciated

Ballz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Can anyone help?

Apologies for following up! Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭drinkingwater

The bank will run a final credit check just before drawdown...

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Dolbhad

The bank will do a credit check before funds are released to see if any loans or credit cards have been taken out. Wait until you have keys to the house to take a loan out.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭busylady

Definitely no, it will be an issue with your bank for drawdown.

• Administrators Posts: 53,814 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Ask your bank. Might not be an issue depending on your finances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Don't do it till the cheque has been sent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

awec wrote: »
    Ask your bank. Might not be an issue depending on your finances.

This. A loan isn't an issue if you can afford it, and still meet affordability criteria.

Advertisement