Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa 3ds codes no longer reach me

Options
  • 26-08-2019 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hello,

Since a few months ago, I was unable to receive SMS 3ds codes on my phone number. I tried calling the 3ds line few times, and changed my phone number a few times, but still without result.

I'm outside of Ireland at the moment, and the country code for the current 3ds number is 7 (Russia and Kazakhstan,) but for some reason, on the 3ds page, it shows that the number starts from digit 4.

There is no digit 4 in my phone number, but in the 3ds form it says: [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"A one-time Passcode is required for this purchase. This passcode has been sent to your registered mobile 4*******0788"[/font] 

Is there a way to contact somebody in BOI by email, as having to explain things from the start on the phone again, and again is hard. People on 3ds phone line tell me to send question through "Ask a question form," and when I do so, I'm told to contact 3ds. I'm not sure whom exactly should I speak to about that.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kathryne

Hi PavelN,

Thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie.

We are very sorry to hear that you have been unable to receive the 3D secure one-time passcodes. It is necessary to call the 3D secure team to have your mobile phone number amended. They will be happy to change your number and please make sure you tell them what dialling code you needed to be used so that you will receive the codes.

They are available 24/7 on 0035312500370.

Many thanks,
    Kat

• Registered Users Posts: 19 PavelN

Hi PavelN,

Thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie.

We are very sorry to hear that you have been unable to receive the 3D secure one-time passcodes. It is necessary to call the 3D secure team to have your mobile phone number amended. They will be happy to change your number and please make sure you tell them what dialling code you needed to be used so that you will receive the codes.

They are available 24/7 on 0035312500370.

Many thanks,
    Kat
    Kat, I already called them multiple of times. They can't do anything, but to suggest to reset the phone number yet again. That's not helpful.

I already went through the process 5 times.

Is there just anybody above the level of callcenter staff who deals with 3ds technical issues?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi PavelN,

Thank you for getting back in touch with us.

I am very sorry to hear that you are still experiencing some difficulties receiving Verified by Visa codes and I completely understand your frustration.  

In this instance, it will need to be escalated further. This will need to be done with the Verified by Visa team directly as they will have the facility to investigate why you are not receiving the codes.

They can be contacted on 0035312500370 and I know one of my colleagues will be more than happy to help to resolve this issue for you.

Thanks, Aisling.

Hi PavelN,

I am very sorry to hear that you are still experiencing some difficulties receiving Verified by Visa codes and I completely understand your frustration.  

In this instance, it will need to be escalated further. This will need to be done with the Verified by Visa team directly as they will have the facility to investigate why you are not receiving the codes.

They can be contacted on 0035312500370 and I know one of my colleagues will be more than happy to help to resolve this issue for you.

Thanks, Aisling.
    I already spoke with them 5 times, how doing it for the 6th time will result in anything different if I will be speaking to more or less the same people, with the same level of authority?

Hi PavelN,

Thanks, Aisling.
    Well, I called and got an update. Visa now don't sent 3ds codes to Russia or any other countries sharing the 7 country code :(. Will have to either get an Irish SIM card next time I will be in Ireland, or try getting it work with my employer issued Chinese SIM.

• Advertisement
Advertisement