Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esadouwa

Options
  • 26-08-2019 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭

This is a name I've never heard of before. Where is it?

I saw a bus route that goes "Esadouwa Lauragh Tousist" an I had to wonder if I was reading English. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

998ertu wrote: »
    It's a townland on the outskirts of Doagh.

Thanks. The only Doaghs I'm finding in Kerry are by Listowel and Camp. Is there one near Lauragh?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,071 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Victor wrote: »
    Thanks. The only Doaghs I'm finding in Kerry are by Listowel and Camp. Is there one near Lauragh?

It's Duagh near Listowel.

Perhaps the bus folks have messed up, because Esadouwa doesn't show up anywhere. The only similar name is a townland called Eskadawer, Tuosist.

It doesn't seem to be unusual to have at least two different ways of spelling places in Ireland :p

Eskadower is one of the last townlands before the Cork border on the Beara Peninsula. Not sure why it would appear on a bus, as Ardgroom on one side and Lauragh on the other are the nearest villages.

Eskadower is one of the last townlands before the Cork border on the Beara Peninsula. Not sure why it would appear on a bus, as Ardgroom on one side and Lauragh on the other are the nearest villages.

I'm assuming that this is the relevant page where Esadouwa gets mentioned. Perhaps there's a bus stop in the middle of nowhere?

http://www.locallinkkerry.ie/timetable/

"Esadouwa R46A Esadouwa, Lauragh, Tousist to Kenmare Every Wednesday 9.05 14.00"

One way of solving the mystery would be to catch the bus in Kenmare at 1400 hours next Wednesday and see where it ends up :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I'm assuming that this is the relevant page where Esadouwa gets mentioned.

http://www.locallinkkerry.ie/timetable/

"Esadouwa R46A Esadouwa, Lauragh, Tousist to Kenmare Every Wednesday 9.05 14.00"
    I saw it elsewhere, but it was just a different version of it.
    Perhaps there's a bus stop in the middle of nowhere?
    There might not be an actual bus stop - those routes are demand responsive, aimed at people with mobility difficulties.

I decided to email them and asked them where Esadouwa was. They completed ignored that name in their reply, and used Eskadawer :p

"Alot of our bus services operate door to door pick up so we like to advertise some townlands / landmarks in the area.

Eskadawer - just outside Lauragh - the bus travels every Wednesday to Kenmare and on the 1st Saturday of the month to Killarney.

We have also extended the bus to commence in Ardgroom.

R46a Ardgroom - Lauragh - Tuosist - Kenmare Every Wednesday
    R46b Ardgroom - Lauragh - Tuosist - Kenmare - Kilgarvan - Killarney 1st Saturday of every month

Please give us a ring if you would like to travel. "

Advertisement