Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Delivery Time Dell Outlet UK

Options
  • 26-08-2019 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

I bought a laptop from the Dell outlet in the UK on Saturday afternoon (24/08/2019). The order went from pending to confirmed after about an hour. I then received an estimated delivery date of 13/09/2019. Would this be realistic for Dell shipping times for a machine that is already pre configured?

Has anyone had any experience with the Dell outlet recently.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

The date that they have provided you is an estimated delivery date. Dell always allow more time just in case there is any delays along the way. Under promise and over deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭aidan364

That is the hope anyway. I wont complain too much I got a pretty good saving on the outlet item. I haven ever bought directly from Dell so it is a brand new experience.

How much of a saving do you think you made overall? I am using a Dell XPS myself and love it. The only thing is the network card is beginning to play up. That is an easy fix though.

the only difference between the system I ordered XPS 5790 from the outlet and a 15 5790 from the website was

Outlet system ships with Windows 10 Pro compared to Windows 10 home on the new system and the outlet system comes with 8GB ram and new system comes with 16 GB. With these two differences I have saved 700 quid. The outlet had a 16% discount on all XPS systems over the weekend.

I will probably upgrade the ram to 16gb myself, so after that upgrade my saving will probably be in the range of 550 quid.

That's a nice saving :)!

• Advertisement

Yeah I really Couldn't turn down that offer.

I just got notified that the machine has shipped. Unless it gets held up by the carrier I should get in the next day or two. Delighted that delivery date was over estimated.

Advertisement