Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vuelta stage 3: Ibi. Ciudad del Juguete > Alicante 188 km

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

cunavalos wrote: »
    Sam on the Breakaway when asked if Sean was a hero of his when he was younger.

He said he looked more towards Boonen and McEwan and wouldn't have been aware of the extent of Kelly's palmares and only knew of the sports centre in Carrick

No doubt with his tongue firmly in his cheek.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

He should go where he's guaranteed the Tour and more money.

Bora have given him a great career and he's more than repaid them but this year I think they treated him like sh*t.

He knew Sagan was getting the Tour and was obviously hoping he'd get the Giro, especially after last year's success there, but was cast aside.

If he goes to the likes of Quickstep and brings Archbold he'll be very successful.

*Apologies - I thought I was posting in the Sam Bennett thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Bennett said it on the breakaway on Eurosport. They were asking who his influences were growing up and of course Kelly's name got chucked in
    MPFGLB wrote: »
    Who said that

I hope there aren't storms tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Madrid area tonight

https://twitter.com/ElHuffPost/status/1166064257617801216?s=19
    cunavalos wrote: »
    The weather could be a major factor tomorrow. Thunderstorms expected in the Valencia region, we know Sam can handle the rain(remember the Giro win into Imola last year) but it could be carnage out there tomorrow if predicted rainfall levels materialise
    Weather-Valencia.jpg

That was caused by hailstones according to the news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Shoco83

marvin80 wrote: »
    He should go where he's guaranteed the Tour and more money.

Bora have given him a great career and he's more than repaid them but this year I think they treated him like sh*t.

He knew Sagan was getting the Tour and was obviously hoping he'd get the Giro, especially after last year's success there, but was cast aside.

If he goes to the likes of Quickstep and brings Archbold he'll be very successful.

*Apologies - I thought I was posting in the Sam Bennett thread!

I don’t think they have treated him badly, as Cillian Kelly pointed out they have managed it really well, sent a sprinter to the giro, won multiple stages, sent Sagan to the tour, won a stage and points jersey, sent Bennett to the Vuelta and has won a stage. It’s also the most successful season of his career with the potential for more GT stage wins to come yet.

With regards to his contract, maybe Sam is holding off on signing anything because he knows if he performs here in the Vuelta he can get an even better deal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

That was caused by hailstones according to the news.
    Sure when have hailstones ever affected a Grand Tour stage;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Well Boraare treatign himbadly now according to this

Orla Chennaoui
    @SportsOrla It would appear all is not well between Sam Bennett and Bora. Hearing whispers of a case ongoing with Bora trying to force the Irishman to stay, despite no contract having been signed for next year. Bennett wants to leave but unable to sign elsewhere until it’s resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

MPFGLB wrote: »

Orla Chennaoui
    @SportsOrla It would appear all is not well between Sam Bennett and Bora. Hearing whispers of a case ongoing with Bora trying to force the Irishman to stay, despite no contract having been signed for next year. Bennett wants to leave but unable to sign elsewhere until it’s resolved.

Sh1t, that's bad if true (no smoke without fire etc...) - he is doing brilliantly to win so often recently with this hanging around in the background. I guess that what he pays an agent to take care of for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    Sh1t, that's bad if true (no smoke without fire etc...) - he is doing brilliantly to win so often recently with this hanging around in the background. I guess that what he pays an agent to take care of for him.

I think he has the most wins this season as well with 12

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

TheBlaaMan wrote: »

He is with McQuiad as is Nico and neither have a contract ?

Advertisement