Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Watch

Options
  • 26-08-2019 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi
    Last January I cancelled my phone watch account after 9 years Sent them an email etc
    They are now looking for over 400 euro for the termination fee Anyone else have to deal with this issue

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi Ben24,

Welcome to Boards. I've moved your thread over to Consumer Issues where people may be better able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

Ben24 wrote: »
    Hi
    Last January I cancelled my phone watch account after 9 years Sent them an email etc
    They are now looking for over 400 euro for the termination fee Anyone else have to deal with this issue

It could be in the T&C that you are entered into a rolling 12 month contract. The 400 fee could represent the balance on the contract
    Conact the company and ask

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Did you contact them and explain the situation? What did they say to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ben24

Termination fee After nine Years! Never again

Termination fee After nine Years! Never again

Was it a rolling contract or did you renew for another year? When you cancelled your service, did the person you were dealing with no tell you about any early termination fees?

• Advertisement

Never had any dealings with them in 9 years when I rang to cancel I was told it was out of contract So I cancelled
    Next thing I'm getting demands for 400+ Think it's disgraceful any company can do this

Never had any dealings with them in 9 years when I rang to cancel I was told it was out of contract So I cancelled
    Next thing I'm getting demands for 400+ Think it's disgraceful any company can do this

If you were told that you were out of contract then you should not have to pay the fees. Ask them to listen back to the call recording. If you are getting nowhere with them then you should make a data request.

Seems odd that they would have you in a contract after 9 years.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Their terms and conditions state "if you have not entered into a Further Minimum Term, either party may give 30 days written notice to the other party to terminate the Contract."

I can't see anything about termination fees.

Ask for clarity.

Advertisement