Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agency work

Options
  • 26-08-2019 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

I'm beginning to discover how bad some of these recruitment agencies are, my last job I was at didn't work out (overnight work) so decided to contact this agent I was onto before hand and was informed there is a position available, so we agreed on pay rate and was to start on Monday, arrived today only to get told that the company already contacted someone in that agent (not the one who I e-mailed) as someone else was starting, it seems there was a miss communication between 2 agents in same company,

Has anyone experience this crap from other recruitment agencies?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭Augme

Nothing surprises me with recruitment agencies. From my experience they are all useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Most recruiters have no idea what they are doing.
    They just do a search of their CV database and spam people with job listings without any understanding of what they are actually looking for.

Im currently in the search for a new job, and the amount of bull**** that recruiters call me with is insane.
    My current position is Senior Engineer and Team Lead, and they call me up with Junior/Mid level roles with horrible salaries even for Junior positions. On more than one occasion ive said "Have you even read my CV?", which is generally followed by a moment of silence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭skallywag

A real mixed bag in my experience, some are very poor while others are really excellent. It takes time though to learn which are which.

Advertisement