Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moved to USA

Options
  • 26-08-2019 7:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi I’ve recently moved to USA and need to upgrade my account to my US number as don’t use my Irish phone anymore. It’s becoming a pain when trying to pay for something online and sometimes having to wait for the approval txt to come through. Is it possible to use my US number?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi Knockers84,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on boards.

Yes of course, you can absolutely update your number. This can be done for banking 365, as well as for Verified by Visa.

To update your number on your 365 online you will need to log in on a laptop/computer and select the 'Manage Accounts' tab. From there you will see an option to 'Amend mobile phone', you can follow the instructions online to update your number. When updating your mobile number you will receive an activation code via the post. If you no longer live at that address, it will also need to be updated. This can be done over the phone with one of our customer service agents. They are available Monday to  Friday 8am-12am and Saturday to Sunday 9am-6pm, they can be reached on 00353 1 404 4000; one of my colleagues will be more than happy to help.

For Verified by Visa, this number can be updated over the phone. If calling from outside of Ireland, the team can be contacted on 00353 1 250 0370. One of my colleagues will be able to make the amendment for you over the phone.

I hope this helps.
    Thanks, Aisling. 

Advertisement