Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solemnisers and wedding

Options
  • 26-08-2019 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

We want to get married in 2020.
    We have a date and a ring and a venue.

We want to get married at the venue on a Saturday followed by reception at the same place.

Does anyone know if a solemniser can marry a couple on a Saturday?
    Is there anyway to get legally married in a ceremony outside a church on a Saturday?

The point is We want to be legally married on the Saturday without having to do something separate during office hours.

any help is appreciated as whole thing is confusing,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Obrienc wrote: »
    We want to get married in 2020.
    We have a date and a ring and a venue.

We want to get married at the venue on a Saturday followed by reception at the same place.

Does anyone know if a solemniser can marry a couple on a Saturday?
    Is there anyway to get legally married in a ceremony outside a church on a Saturday?

The point is We want to be legally married on the Saturday without having to do something separate during office hours.

any help is appreciated as whole thing is confusing,

A hse solomniser can't, but you can have a humanist ceremony. I think you can also be married by an interfaith minister? But I stand to be corrected on that! Might be other options, but they're the ones I've heard of!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Obrienc

thanks for clarifying that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Obrienc wrote: »
    thanks for clarifying that

If you Google it, theres a register of registered solomnisers

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

not sure where you are based, but i am using Getmarried.ie and the man doing it is lovely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

We got (legally) married on a Saturday on the grounds of a country house using an interfaith minister, so the answer to your questions is yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭qwerty13

From my limited knowledge, you’d need to find a solemniser very very fast, as lots of people would prefer to get married on a Saturday, without the church element.

I’m not sure you’d find it easy to get a humanist at this stage.

There’s the ‘spirtual’ elemental. I strongly suggest you google the main players in that before you decide.

There’s the Unitarian church on the green. I’m not sure if it’s religious as such. I gather it’s v inclusive/egalitarian tho

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

qwerty13 wrote: »
    From my limited knowledge, you’d need to find a solemniser very very fast, as lots of people would prefer to get married on a Saturday, without the church element.

I have heard this too, especially if you are not getting married in Dublin or the surrounding counties as there are fewer people available outside of this area

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭qwerty13

Scarinae wrote: »
    qwerty13 wrote: »

I have heard this too, especially if you are not getting married in Dublin or the surrounding counties as there are fewer people available outside of this area

A colleague only got a humanist solemniser just under a year in advance because there was a family connection. Hopefully others can give better advice. I’d say that the OP needs to act now to find someone who will legally marry them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

We had a spiritualist wedding on a Saturday with a celebrant from Spiritual Ceremonies. It was lovely. Highly recommend them. It can be as religious or non religious as you like. The celebrant calls you when you make the booking & then you meet them face to face beforehand to go through the whole thing. Ours was Annmarie Colton - she is so lovely, we had so many comments afterwards about how personal she made the ceremony!

Good Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭rob w

We had a humanist ceremony on a Saturday. We are not religious, but not necessarily humanist either! But the solemniser was great, we did the ceremony exactly as we wanted with some input from him on the running order etc!

We had a hard time booking one even a year in advance though, they are in big demand particularly at weekends! So call around and see what you can get!

• Advertisement
Advertisement