Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone port forwarding with TPLink Deco M5?

Options
  • 26-08-2019 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Have just set up some Deco M5s in our house, master is connected to a Vodafone Huawei HG658c in Bridge mode.

All working fine apart from port forwarding... have set it up in the Deco app, and I've confirmed the port is open to any other machine on the LAN, but from the public IP it's still closed.

Any troubleshooting tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭calum

Solved. Dumb user error, had been bridging the wrong feckin' connection on the Huawei and never even noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

calum wrote: »
    Solved. Dumb user error, had been bridging the wrong feckin' connection on the Huawei and never even noticed.

Out of curiosity, how do you find this system? I have a set coming this week to try sort an issue in a house with bad wifi coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭calum

Out of curiosity, how do you find this system? I have a set coming this week to try sort an issue in a house with bad wifi coverage.
    I'm liking it so far. Coverage around the house seems much better, which was the main aim. Transfer speeds not massively different in the rooms that already had reasonable coverage, to be honest, but probably a slight improvement. The units themselves are pretty small and inconspicuous compared to some of its competitors, which is another plus. Power cables could maybe do with being a little bit longer to help with positioning.

Setup was pretty simple, though I initially had problems doing it with the iOS app for some reason, and had to switch to the Android one. Once it's up and running there's also a web interface you can use, though it lacks functionality compared to the app.

Still not sure if I should've bought the faster M9 kit for future-proofing, but it was a good bit pricier and I'm not much of a streamer. Might have to reconsider that position if/when I upgrade to SIRO though :P

Advertisement