Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Southeast Asia

• 26-08-2019 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

I want to travel around Southeast Asia for a few months in the New Year. I will have €5k total to spend once there (accomodation, food, transport, etc), this does not include the initial flight from Dublin.

In the opinions of any experienced boardsies on here:

1. Does €5k seem like a reasonable amount of money to live off for a few months in SE Asia without working?

2. Are there any countries in SE Asia that you would recommend I stay the longest in? Both for enjoyment/things to see and for getting more bang for my buck I suppose.

I don't drink (so no money needs to be considered for the party lifestyle) but I would like to occasionally stay in comfortable accomodation with privacy to treat myself.

Thanks!

Comments

I spent a month in Thailand & spent 1600euro including my flights.
    Spent 4 weeks in Cambodia & Vietnam another time, spent 1450ish Euro, including return flights.
    Just as an idea for you

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭De Danann

bubblypop wrote: »
    I spent a month in Thailand & spent 1600euro including my flights.
    Spent 4 weeks in Cambodia & Vietnam another time, spent 1450ish Euro, including return flights.
    Just as an idea for you

That's great as a comparison, thank you! I had heard that Thailand was more expensive for sure.

When you stayed in those countries, did you stay in mostly hostels or ..?

no, we actually stayed in hotels.
    some were better than others, but a reasonable standard mostly. we booked as we travelled around.

Advertisement